Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

(((HUGS))) Jackie (F) (F)

Citizenship (N-400)

09/15/2009 - Application mailed to Texas Lockbox

09/17/2009 - Delivered to the Lockbox

09/21/2009 - Check cashed

09/24/2009 - NOA dated 9/18/09

09/26/2009 - RFE mailed out dated 9/25 (biometrics notice)

10/14/2009 - Biometrics completed

01/01/2010 - finally an update - awaiting interview letter

02/08/2010 - interview (Garden City, NY) -- PASSED

03/03/2010 - Oath Ceremony in Brooklyn

03/13/2010 - U.S. Passport in hand

DONE!!!

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Tasha, Allow me to offer my condolences to you and your family. I am sorry to hear about your loss. (F)

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Ok, so yesterday my boss called me in his office for a closed door meeting. I cried.

Today, the HR lady called me in her office for a closed door meeting. I cried again. They waited 6 months for me to pull a commission check,,,,and are now going to deduct money from me for a mistake I made 3 months ago :| I can handle being reprimanded for my mistakes, I kinda blew off him mentioning my 'weight' yesterday, but when they mess with my money, I have questions if I am in the right place.

My choices are .....use my day off tommorrow to look for another job. Or sit here and be miserable. I have 14 years experience and MANY companies would be happy to hire me. I have 2 weeks paid vacation and was going to visit Ibrahim in October. If I change jobs, I can't do that. grrrrr

I hate these big girl decisions. I'm confused enough coming off the Lexapro.

Well I hope you are all having a good day.

Jackie

Amal, I might have to find a flooring company in Houston ;) or Missouri :) and rent your house.

Jackie that job has been giving you a loooota ####### you do not deserve. I just want you to be happy where you work, its the place we spend most of our lives, and having constant problems at our 2nd home...you don't have to tolerate it. See if you can get a better job and you can make that decision after you make a pros and cons list of the two.If this goes on, it will take an even bigger toll on your mental health, look for jobs without finalizing anything. If you get a good one, you can come up with some "emergency" to take those 2 weeks off.

AP: Over 1 year.

Visa: Nov 2

US Entry: Nov 13, Alhamdulillah.

BelieveButterflyfortile.jpgPrayerisPower_Cover.jpghello.gif

Filed: Country: Libya
Timeline
Hey all, I hope you are doing well. My grandmother passed away last night so I have been a little torn today. We will miss her deeply but are so blessed that we had her in our lives as long as we did and that God took her before she suffered any more than she did. Take care everybody!

I'm sorry to hear about your loss (F)

Muslimwoman-1-1.jpg

99GEAq-6owA

We need a Ramadan!! (part one)

VP's Blog

Filed: Country: Libya
Timeline

OK, the Zohan was OK. I really like Adam Sandler too but that's all I can say for this one. There was too much sex in it for me. The kids asked if they can watch it and I told them I'd have to watch it first to see what it has in it..... the answer is a huge NO.

I don't know if there was supposed to be a message or not but what I got was the Palestinians and Israelis would get along fine if greedy Americans weren't pitting them against one another :)

Muslimwoman-1-1.jpg

99GEAq-6owA

We need a Ramadan!! (part one)

VP's Blog

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
honey i feel for you. i dont have cats (yuk!) but my husband is one of 8 and i have had at least yearly visitors since we have been together. and g-d forbid they stay for less than a month since they are payin for the plane ticket and all... no way should you make your cats move out tho.

OMG! Exactly. So here's the thing. You know you love them and all kind of (I don't know them that well but they are family now, so you have to respect them), but I am just really socially ill-equipped to deal with more than 2 people at a time for an extended period. I, as I mentioned, am an only child and so is my father... my mom is one of 3 but there are only 5 cousins of mine and we all lived on opposite coasts or at least a couple states away. So I never had to see family mroe than once a year and i never saw (or dealt with) more than 2 other people than myself.

I need quick socialization help! Do you think they will entertain each other? or do i need to do something? I need to figure out where they will all sit and what they will eat and eat of of-- I literally have my sets for 2-4 more or less. I think I should be the odd one out for entertainment purposes.

And I HAVE to lose weight. Did I tell you about how I went over there and they all sat around and quite casually discussed whether I was thinner (yes) or fatter (no) than when we first met? I was so appalled! It was like 30 minutes or an hour of this conversation, and about 30 of them were involved. I will NOT have this conversation again!!

So I'm both excited and I a 100% happy for him, as I know he is depressed and homesick... and this willl help... but I am also scared! Ahhhh!!!!

Any tips for entertaining family?

Oh! And he says his sister, if she comes, cannot sleep in a room with her brothers or alone, so she will have to sleep in our bed and we have to sleep on the floor for like 2+ weeks. I said we could get an airmattress for ourselves and he said he doesn't want to.

I spent about a half an hour last week trying to figure out how to open the battery compartment in my Swiffer because the sprayer wouldn't work, so I figured the batteries needed replacing. I just couldn't figure it out. In fact, I couldn't even see where the batteries could possibly be in the stupid thing. I finally gave up and was putting the thing back in the closet when I noticed the battery compartment on the closet floor. No wonder it wasn't working! :lol::blush:

Awesome!

Hi Julianna-about the cats MENA is funny about that because they don't keep cats and dogs like we do here. Interesting experience you're bringing up though. Gives me food for thought.

Yeah, we are having the clash. he says they will like them, just not in the house. Of course my cultural clash is that it's MY house and that's that! Instead of they are guests, do everytyhing for them thing. Sigh.

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

easier to send him back to visit :thumbs:

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

Timeline
Hey all, I hope you are doing well. My grandmother passed away last night so I have been a little torn today. We will miss her deeply but are so blessed that we had her in our lives as long as we did and that God took her before she suffered any more than she did. Take care everybody!

Sorry for your loss. I felt the same way when my grandmother died.

easier to send him back to visit :thumbs:

Noooooo... way more expensive. There are the gifts. Will be like 5k to send him home. Strill have the gifts now, but at least we don't have to buy a plane ticket.

Ok, so yesterday my boss called me in his office for a closed door meeting. I cried.

Today, the HR lady called me in her office for a closed door meeting. I cried again. They waited 6 months for me to pull a commission check,,,,and are now going to deduct money from me for a mistake I made 3 months ago :| I can handle being reprimanded for my mistakes, I kinda blew off him mentioning my 'weight' yesterday, but when they mess with my money, I have questions if I am in the right place.

My choices are .....use my day off tommorrow to look for another job. Or sit here and be miserable. I have 14 years experience and MANY companies would be happy to hire me. I have 2 weeks paid vacation and was going to visit Ibrahim in October. If I change jobs, I can't do that. grrrrr

I hate these big girl decisions. I'm confused enough coming off the Lexapro.

Well I hope you are all having a good day.

Jackie

Amal, I might have to find a flooring company in Houston ;) or Missouri :) and rent your house.

Just start looking. if you get a better job, great. if not, stay put. Just because you look, it isn't a sure-quit. Also, see if you can build in your vacation time into new job if you get one. Sometimes, they will give you the time off anyway.

Timeline

Julianna..just sigh. I think they will have to get over the fact about the cats. This is America and our customs are different. Since they are the guest, they should respect this.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

more or less was kidding, i will be the same way if ahmeds family ever gets to come here he says for a month maybe. (of course i have to get him here first) i wouldnt know what to cook, what to do with them at all. Im pretty sure the parents wouldnt even like it here, its just so different, weather, food, house just living in general neverthe less a month of it

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

Timeline
Julianna..just sigh. I think they will have to get over the fact about the cats. This is America and our customs are different. Since they are the guest, they should respect this.

Yeah, except that's opposite their culture.. they are the guest and you're supposed to kind of cater to them. Think Lot.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Yeah, except that's opposite their culture.. they are the guest and you're supposed to kind of cater to them. Think Lot.

Are you able to keep the cats confined to a certain area of the house that they can avoid?

Timeline

Think Lot's wife.

kodasmall3.jpg

Timeline
more or less was kidding, i will be the same way if ahmeds family ever gets to come here he says for a month maybe. (of course i have to get him here first) i wouldnt know what to cook, what to do with them at all. Im pretty sure the parents wouldnt even like it here, its just so different, weather, food, house just living in general neverthe less a month of it

Well, at some point, after a few days at least. I should get out of it somewhat as I'll have to return to work. I think he may be considering taking the whole time off (good) so I think that means he can entertain them, right? I also think he is thinking about only taking 2 weeks off work, so that means they go back after 2 weeks or so. Otherwise, it's going to be really akward for me to sit there with them and stare. I can talk to Ahmed, but the other two? not really.

Think Lot's wife.

That had nothing to do with anything but her disobedience. It repeats many times that those who are unkind or not good in hospitality are against G-d, and uses Laban as an example of bad, and Lot, Abraham, etc as good.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.