melusine

AOS filers - July 2008

1,748 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline

Congrats Richo, and everyone else who got their GC approval!!

AOS Timeline:

7/30/08: Sent AOS to Chicago lockbox

7/31/08: Received by USCIS

8/06/08: Check cashed

8/07/08: Rec'd NOA for I-485 AOS

8/07/08: AOS, EAD, & AP - Touched

8/08/08: Rec'd NOAs for EAD & AP

8/12/08: Rec'd Biometrics appt letter

8/21/08: Biometrics

9/29/08: EAD & AP - approved!!

10/6/08: EAD & AP - received in the mail!

2/06/09: Received interview notice for March 10th!!

3/10/09: Passed interview - husband's GC approved!!! Woohoo!!! :-)

01/2011: File to remove conditions

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Congrats Richo, and everyone else who got their GC approval!!

Thank you :star:

USflag.gifr.gifi.gifc.gifh.gifo.gifphilippine_flag.gif

AOS & EAD TIMELINE:

July 21, 2008---(ORIGINAL) NOA1 for AOS & EAD

July 29, 2008---"WALK-IN" BIOMETRICS DONE (AOS & EAD-1)

Oct 14, 2008---EAD1 CARD ARRIVES! Approval date is Oct. 2, 2008

Dec 10, 2008---INTERVIEW DAY! APPROVED!!!

Dec 17, 2008---WELCOME NOTICE RECEIVED

Jan 9, 2009---CARD RECEIVED FINALLY! Approval date 12-10-08..expires on 12-10-10

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

Sept 10,2010---REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

CITIZENSHIP

Sept 10,2011---Application for citizenship

.png

Filed: Other Timeline

Congrats RICHO :dance: , very happy for you and everyone else who got their approvals. :dance::dance:

can you please explain what documents you took with you, and if you had to take copies or you asked them to make copies and give you back your originals. :thumbs:

We are waiting for our date still, the original date was 12/18/08, and we recived a letter from USCIS cancelling that date (Due to unforseen circumstances!!!) later we recieved another appt date for 1/22/09.

People here on VJ tell us to ostill show up to our original appt date, if they took us in then so be it, otherwise they can confirm the appt change right then for us.

Thaks,

Timeline
Congrats RICHO :dance: , very happy for you and everyone else who got their approvals. :dance::dance:

can you please explain what documents you took with you, and if you had to take copies or you asked them to make copies and give you back your originals. :thumbs:

We are waiting for our date still, the original date was 12/18/08, and we recived a letter from USCIS cancelling that date (Due to unforseen circumstances!!!) later we recieved another appt date for 1/22/09.

People here on VJ tell us to ostill show up to our original appt date, if they took us in then so be it, otherwise they can confirm the appt change right then for us.

Thaks,

HI nanny thanks :star: I took both orignals and photocopies of the documents that they are requiring as stated fromthe interview letter. My advise is bring as many proofs of marriage as you can, any statement of cards that shows both your name is really helpful (i got to the point that the IO told me ok i think this is enough) and organize your photos , iin my case i showed the IO everything from the very first photos till the end and she tooked like 20 to 30 i forgot but its plenty. Good luck toyour interview and its ok to worry but its important to be prepared especially with the documents. :thumbs:

AOS & EAD TIMELINE:

Jan 9, 2009---CARD RECEIVED FINALLY! Approval date 12-10-08..expires on 12-10-10

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

CITIZENSHIP

.png

Filed: Other Timeline

Hey RICHO,

Thank you for your prompt respond. We have more than 20 fully loaded photo albums which contains 200 each. They are all organized from day one until now, we have plenty of other photos that are on the computer and did not print due to lack of space. So do you think I should take all 20 albums/

Another note, I added my husband's last name to my last name just recently eventhough we are married since 12/2004. Do you think this would be a problem? we have bank statements with both names, utility in both names, health insurance in both names. My husband bought the house before we got married, so it is only in his name, we do not want to change the title to the house to put my name yet because we have to apply for another loan apprval which cost alot and will not get the interest rate that he already have which is very low.

I know i am getting in to details that are not needed but would like others opinion on nwhat is the best way of deasling with the situation.

Thanks again, god bless

Timeline
Hey RICHO,

Thank you for your prompt respond. We have more than 20 fully loaded photo albums which contains 200 each. They are all organized from day one until now, we have plenty of other photos that are on the computer and did not print due to lack of space. So do you think I should take all 20 albums/

Another note, I added my husband's last name to my last name just recently eventhough we are married since 12/2004. Do you think this would be a problem? we have bank statements with both names, utility in both names, health insurance in both names. My husband bought the house before we got married, so it is only in his name, we do not want to change the title to the house to put my name yet because we have to apply for another loan apprval which cost alot and will not get the interest rate that he already have which is very low.

I know i am getting in to details that are not needed but would like others opinion on nwhat is the best way of deasling with the situation.

Thanks again, god bless

Your welcome..i just brought 3 albums with me..with regards to your name change...i don't think that name change will be an issue but just in case, provide a good explanatioin about it..good luck to you

AOS & EAD TIMELINE:

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

CITIZENSHIP

.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline
Hi everyone sorryjust got home but I made a phone call to my friend gemindsims to spread here the good news :P Approved :dance::dance::dance: Its a nice lady that interviewed us at around 9:40 we were done by 9:58. The normal proceedings I guess she ask our names, whendid we go tmarried, the joint statements, such as bank account, utility bills, our health insurance etc. Its funny because I was giving her this paperworks to her and explaining what it is then she said oh ok this is enough hehe :D Then she ask for our photos and its 3 album from the first meeting to the second to the wedding and she get like 6 to 8 of each album, so she had lots of photos of us like i guess 20 to 25 hehe. Then she said shes gonna approved me.. We talked for awhile shes a psychology major and she noted that im a registered nurse and few chit chat. Then she give me like a welcome letter is that how everybody gets? I thought they will send it thru the mail?

And I came home and i have done the address change online because we paid the new apartment already and I can send my mails there now. So that is the reason too why I wasnt able to go home fast. And I looked online and my case doesnt change yet. It says still pending. Anybody had this case? And about the welcome letter did the IO gave you one? its like 2 piece of paper that she gave me. Thank God this is over. Still im worried that my GC will be lost in the mail <_<

Anyways thanks everyone for your support huggs to my july family :dance:

Congrats !!!!!! Good news !!!!! :dance:

AOS PROCESS

06/11/08: AOS/EAD/I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox

06/17/08: Package delivered in Chicago

06/18/08: Check cashed

06/21/08: Rec'd NOA's (Receipt notice date: 06/17/08)

07/01/08: Rec'd Biometrics appoinment letter

07/15/08: Biometrics appoinment @ 2:00 PM-Completed

08/27/08: RFE letter (I-485)

09/08/08: sending RFE letter with missing documents back to USCIS

09/11/08: letter delivered

10/27/08 Infopass appointment for my EAD (should receive it in 2-3 weeks... we will see)

10/31/08 EAD card production has been ordered!!! (I-765 finally online)

10/03/08 received EAD card in mail

11/07/08 IL in mail

12/09/08 Interview ; approved!

12/15/08 Card production ordered (online update)

12/24/08 GC in mail!

03/31/2011 10 year GC recieved in mail

11/28/2012 N-400 sent out

12/06/12 text message and e-mail informing that case has been received

12/08/12 check has been cashed

12/08/12 touched/online update - biometrics letter sent

12/10/12 NOA received

12/11/12 Biometrics date letter received (scheduled for 12/20/12)

12/20/12 Biometrics

12/26/12 In line for the Interview

01/07/13 E-mail stating Interview has been scheduled

01/11/13 Received IL (date 02/14/13)

02/14/13 Interview (passed :) )

We have more than 20 fully loaded photo albums which contains 200 each. They are all organized from day one until now, we have plenty of other photos that are on the computer and did not print due to lack of space. So do you think I should take all 20 albums

IMO, you should bring one, it's 200 pics afterall. I don't think you should bring 4,000 photos, they may think you are crazy. :rofl: People bring as little as about 15-20 photos and don't have a problem, as long as you can show other documents, accounts, etc. to prove bona fide marriage.

Timeline
Hi everyone sorryjust got home but I made a phone call to my friend gemindsims to spread here the good news :P Approved :dance::dance::dance: Its a nice lady that interviewed us at around 9:40 we were done by 9:58. The normal proceedings I guess she ask our names, whendid we go tmarried, the joint statements, such as bank account, utility bills, our health insurance etc. Its funny because I was giving her this paperworks to her and explaining what it is then she said oh ok this is enough hehe :D Then she ask for our photos and its 3 album from the first meeting to the second to the wedding and she get like 6 to 8 of each album, so she had lots of photos of us like i guess 20 to 25 hehe. Then she said shes gonna approved me.. We talked for awhile shes a psychology major and she noted that im a registered nurse and few chit chat. Then she give me like a welcome letter is that how everybody gets? I thought they will send it thru the mail?

And I came home and i have done the address change online because we paid the new apartment already and I can send my mails there now. So that is the reason too why I wasnt able to go home fast. And I looked online and my case doesnt change yet. It says still pending. Anybody had this case? And about the welcome letter did the IO gave you one? its like 2 piece of paper that she gave me. Thank God this is over. Still im worried that my GC will be lost in the mail <_<

Anyways thanks everyone for your support huggs to my july family :dance:

Congrats !!!!!! Good news !!!!! :dance:

Ty smilegirl CONGRATS to you too :dance:

We have more than 20 fully loaded photo albums which contains 200 each. They are all organized from day one until now, we have plenty of other photos that are on the computer and did not print due to lack of space. So do you think I should take all 20 albums

IMO, you should bring one, it's 200 pics afterall. I don't think you should bring 4,000 photos, they may think you are crazy. :rofl: People bring as little as about 15-20 photos and don't have a problem, as long as you can show other documents, accounts, etc. to prove bona fide marriage.

Actually the IO get more than 20 from me :blush:

AOS & EAD TIMELINE:

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

CITIZENSHIP

.png

I took one photo album that had a variety of pics from over the past 6 years leading up to engagement, then wedding, honeymoon and some after like harvest and pumpkin patches. The officer just took our album and made copies of the pictures, so I don't know how many he copied, I think it was just the wedding photos though.

Edited by KirstyVQT

Lifting ConditionsCIS Office : California Service CenterDate Filed : 2010-09-27NOA Date : 2010-09-29Bio Apt: 2010-11-22Approval : 2010-12-15Green Card Received : 2010-12-22Adjustment of Status TimelineDate Filed : 07-17-2008Check cashed: 07-22-2008NOA Date 1485 : 07-24-2008NOA Date 1765: 07-24-2008Online update: 07-29-2008Bio. Appt. : 08-20-2008EAD Card Production Ordered: 09-24-2008CRIS Email EAD: 09-24-2008EAD Online update 09-25-2008Interview Notice 9-25-2008 for 11-19-08 @ 10.30AM Portland OregonEAD Card Production Ordered (Again? 09-29-2008 and 10-01-08EAD Card received in Mail: 10-03-08Card approved pending follow-up letter from Dr: 11.19.08Card Production Ordered: 12-04-08Card Production Ordered Again: 12-09-08Welcome letter received in the mail: 12-10-08CRIS Email Notification on Welcome letter: 12-15-08Received 2yr Green Card in the mail: 12-16-08 WoohooApplied to remove 'DHS authorization only' from SS Card: 3-10-2009Received new SS Card with no restrictions: 3-16-2009 STARTED N-400 NATURALIZATION PROCESSMailed Package to AZ Lockbox 3/13/14Package Received 3/17/14TEXT and Email Notification Received 3/20/14

Bio apt 4/10/14

<p>YEfX.jpgHTAGm7.png

Timeline
I took one photo album that had a variety of pics from over the past 6 years leading up to engagement, then wedding, honeymoon and some after like harvest and pumpkin patches. The officer just took our album and made copies of the pictures, so I don't know how many he copied, I think it was just the wedding photos though.

Hi KirstyVQT question for you, when your I-485 was approved and it says card production ordered, did your EAD and AP got updated or Touched too? tnx :star:

AOS & EAD TIMELINE:

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

CITIZENSHIP

.png

"Card Production Ordered" as of Dec 11-08...interview was very quick, about 30 mins if that...very difficult to understand the Adjudicator as he had a serious accent...took minimal evidence: joint bank info, some pics, some copies of messages when we met, some wedding cards, not nearly half of what everyone thinks they need...maybe it's due to the fact that I'm from Canada?! Economy is better there than here (where I came from anyways - it's booming there, not enough workers to fill jobs!) so the chances of marriage fraud are pretty slim! All in all, it went well...drive from HELL! I cannot stand the fast-pace here, rude drivers definitely..."Welcome to California" my husband keeps telling me! LOL...

Good luck to everyone waiting and Congrats to everyone that's received their GC!

jen

effective May 13, 2011 - back in Canada, journey is over

Timeline
"Card Production Ordered" as of Dec 11-08...interview was very quick, about 30 mins if that...very difficult to understand the Adjudicator as he had a serious accent...took minimal evidence: joint bank info, some pics, some copies of messages when we met, some wedding cards, not nearly half of what everyone thinks they need...maybe it's due to the fact that I'm from Canada?! Economy is better there than here (where I came from anyways - it's booming there, not enough workers to fill jobs!) so the chances of marriage fraud are pretty slim! All in all, it went well...drive from HELL! I cannot stand the fast-pace here, rude drivers definitely..."Welcome to California" my husband keeps telling me! LOL...

Good luck to everyone waiting and Congrats to everyone that's received their GC!

jen

Congrats to you. I still have no update with card production ordered supposedly its today dec 12 since i had my interview on the 10th, but instead my eads are the ones that got touched weired :wacko:

AOS & EAD TIMELINE:

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

CITIZENSHIP

.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

JULYERS what is your overall stats?? are you waiting for interview letters, on AP, or approved and have 10yr?? Is it California with the back log??

JULYERS what is your overall stats?? are you waiting for interview letters, on AP, or approved and have 10yr?? Is it California with the back log??

august 2004 I-129 filed (neb)

DEC 2004 Approved

interview: SEOUL

MArch 21st , 2005AR for special security clearance,washington

May 18th tranfer case from Seoul to Islammabad

June 21st security clearance done

June 28th online at the embassy in Islamabad

waiting for paper transfer and the good word

OCTOBER 14TH 2005 Interview Number 2: ISLAMABAD, PK

AR number 2 sent to DOS per Islamabad (2 cable request)

Nov 22 okd updated financial and etc proof accepted / embassy waiting for security cables

dec 20th one cable back waiting on 2nd

Jan 17th.. good word recieved. SECURITY CHECKS ALL CLEAR!!! DOS says embassy to contact him within two weeks!!!!!!

FEBRUARY 10th, 2006 VISA RECIEVED!!! They called him In via phone, stamped his passort and sent him on his way!!!

FEB 28th WELCOME HOME>>>POE CHICAGO did not even look at xray, few questions. one hour wait at Poe

march 10th marriage (nikkah at the islamic center)

aug 2006 AOS interview, cond 2 yr GC arrived september

June 2008 applied for removal of conditions on permant residency aka awaiting for 10 yr greencard

Dec 2008 10yr green card approved, no interview.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

uh ? We are waiting for GC, 10yrs or 2 yrs depending on who

Removal of conditions

01.11.2011 Remove conditions GC I-751 ($590)

01.18.2011 NOA1

02.24.2011 Biometric

03.25.2011 Approved

03.28.2011 Notice sent

03.31.2011 Received new green card (and it's green !)

AOS/EAD/AP from K1

07.23.2008 Send AOS/EAD/AP

07.29.2008 Check cashed

08.01.2008 NOA1

08.08.2008 Biometric Notice received

08.21.2008 Biometric Appointment

09.22.2008 Approval notice sent for AP (CRIS email)

09.22.2008 Card production ordered for EAD (CRIS email)

09.25.2008 Card production ordered for EAD (CRIS email) and a couple of touch since (last one 09.30.2008)

09.27.2008 Reception AP

10.02.2008 EAD Received

02.23.2009 Notice for interview (1.5 month late compared to LA statistics)

03.16.2009 AOS Touch

04.01.2009 Interview in LA  // Approved 

04.06.2009 Welcome to the USA Letter

04.13.2009 Reception GC

Naturalization
06/2016 Request
03/2017 Interview

Almost at the end !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.