tenderheartusa79

HAPPY MONDAY

70 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Happy Monday MENA!

I'm here today and counting down the days (2) until I have to take my habbibi to the airport :(

Hubby is going back to Egypt for a month - two months max :crying: to take care of some buisness related things (we just started a small export buisness) and take care of a sick father (sigh).... at least this time I know he can come back whenever he wants :blush:

يَايُّهَا الَّذِينَ ءامَنُوا اسْتَعِينُوا بِالصَّبْرِ وَالصَّلَوةِ اِنَّ اللَّهَ مَعَ الصَّبِرِينَ

“O you who believe! seek assistance through patience and prayer; surely Allah is with the patient. (Al-Baqarah 2:153 )”

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
I see amal...here...but Nagi and Jackie?? It's 12! Hm...maybe errands? Busy with the lawn...? Where are youuuuuuuuuuuuu :(

I cyber stalked them. Nagi was playing scrabble earlier and Jackie was off posting in CR-1's about 15mins ago. Maybe they'll pop in today who knows? Sunday is a lazy day after all. Oops..except for Amal she looks busy today. lol

whew, i was worried jackie had found her scissors again. :blink:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

has anyone else's food bill actually gone DOWN since their hubby got here? I used to spend,on average, about $220/week including eating out for pizza or at a restaurant. I just reviewed what I spent last month and on average including the same things I spent $130/week! :blink::blink::blink:

I used to shop at Stop n Shop, which I guess is expensive, and I never ever looked at prices. Just got what I needed and that was that. OMG now we HAVE to shop at Market Basket which is much cheaper (and better service actually) and he scrutinizes every single solitary item's price!!! Used to bug me but now that I look at the past month I"m starting to like it! :dance::dance::dance:

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
I used to shop at Stop n Shop, which I guess is expensive, and I never ever looked at prices. Just got what I needed and that was that. OMG now we HAVE to shop at Market Basket which is much cheaper (and better service actually) and he scrutinizes every single solitary item's price!!! Used to bug me but now that I look at the past month I"m starting to like it! :dance::dance::dance:

I told you so! I save at least $30-$40 a week by shopping at MB instead of Stop and Shop.

I (L) Market Basket!

Edited by Jenn!

Timeline

I told you so! I save at least $30-$40 a week by shopping at MB instead of Stop and Shop.

I (L) Market Basket!

Not only that but with a mere $10 he gets just about all of our weekly fruits and veggies at Haymarket! I probably should let him get our meats at either of the two halal butchers there too but the meat just doesn't look right to me. Plus I can't figure out what it is I'm looking at when I inspect it.

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I (L) Market Basket!

Not only that but with a mere $10 he gets just about all of our weekly fruits and veggies at Haymarket! I probably should let him get our meats at either of the two halal butchers there too but the meat just doesn't look right to me. Plus I can't figure out what it is I'm looking at when I inspect it.

Yeah, be careful with the butchers. Some of them are much cleaner than others. :blink:

I see amal...here...but Nagi and Jackie?? It's 12! Hm...maybe errands? Busy with the lawn...? Where are youuuuuuuuuuuuu :(

I cyber stalked them. Nagi was playing scrabble earlier and Jackie was off posting in CR-1's about 15mins ago. Maybe they'll pop in today who knows? Sunday is a lazy day after all. Oops..except for Amal she looks busy today. lol

Niiiiiice :lol::thumbs:

Much much relief now :)

CONGRATS aimee!

Bridget: A cheapo like me very much appreciates the money savings! Wow, him being here has cut ur bill by half, thats totally awesome. Now more money for leisure and vacations. You guys should open a vacations savings account now with that extra $$ and go somewhere really nice. I will do that, Insha-Allah when my husband arrives, save some money for a few getaways.

Edited by tammy2688

AP: Over 1 year.

Visa: Nov 2

US Entry: Nov 13, Alhamdulillah.

BelieveButterflyfortile.jpgPrayerisPower_Cover.jpghello.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
Good morning everyone. Hope everyone is in good spirits, aside from the heat as most of you seem to be getting...

I'm at work super-early. The US Open is right down the street, so got paranoid about parking. Turns out there's plenty of parking at 6:30 in the morning. Wait and see what my co-worker says when they arrive at 8:30 :thumbs:

Catching up a bit here on VJ from the weekend... seriously considering (ok, I've considered it the past 4 years.. but now since "no job", even better) going back into Grad School. So looks like I'm up to studying for the GRE. My honey doesn't want me to be a nurse because of odd hours *sighs* -- that's okay, I may be a good "nurse" at home, but don't really envision myself doing it professionally.

Major ideas anyone? :star:

(P.S. I'm a BIG lover of different cultures,diversity (disability and human rights), traveling, arts, business... thought about "International Affairs" but I see most schools in California focus on the Pacific Rim areas... huh?? A little background: my BA is in Anthropology (emphasis: Socio-Cultural), but been in Accounting for more than 4 years -- thus more often than not, people think I have a degree in accounting :no: )

What about focusing in ethnography? You could do something cool in Jordan.

http://users.stlcc.edu/mfuller/abila/AbilaEthno.html

Or anywhere, really.

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

so...the doc thinks zaid should get on nutramigen which is a lactose free formula that runs 30$ for a can of powder...i think that doc is high...that would be almost 110$ weekly...were gonna get a second opinion..there has to be other options for mild colic

img_0169.jpgimg_0192.jpg

qo5Tm6.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
It took a crazy post to bring me back..so here I am. :)

Did ya miss me? I was gone for a few hours. hehehe Hope you all had a great day.

Jackie

yes we missed you :luv:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
It took a crazy post to bring me back..so here I am. :)

Did ya miss me? I was gone for a few hours. hehehe Hope you all had a great day.

Jackie

yes we missed you :luv:

:no::P:luv:

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.