boohbah

Does my fiance have to travel to London for his medical? o.O

23 posts in this topic

Ahhh I already know he ISN'T up to date on his shots. He's terrified of needles. :P - I already know he won't do it locally, unless I was physically there to nag him! So we're most likely going to have to pay the extra £ at his medical. :-/

He will agree to the local shots at first. Then, he'll wimp out & say that he'll just pay the extra at the london appointment. Argh!

That boy doesn't make sense sometimes, but this crazy fool loves him. lol

Edited by boohbah

My fiance is going to be traveling all the way from near Teesside...bleh...that's a 6 hour train ride, if i remember correctly. I think we should be able to find him a cheap plane ticket...that would eliminate about 4-5 hours.

Link me to some good airfare sites for UK flights please, so I can bookmark them for future use! :)

If I remember right, the prices for in-country flights always seemed fair...unless that has changed. :P

Its a 3 hour train ride, 4 at most. I lived 100 miles north of Teeside, took me just 3.5 hours on the train to London. Flying isn't any quicker, when you account all the time you spend at the airports. You can get a cheap train ticket if you book in advance. I paid 14 pounds from Berwick Upon Tweed, which is 60 miles north of Newcastle.

Goodluck!

Feb 2005 - Met online through brit band doves

Dec 15th 2005 - Met for first time at U2 concert in NE, USA

Apr 30 2008 K1 Interview Approved

Dec 11 2008 AOS approved

Dec 18 2008 Permanent Resident card received

Oct 22 2010 ROC NOA 1 Received

Jan 31 2011 ROC Approved

Doves Music Blog / Doves Official

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Ahhh I already know he ISN'T up to date on his shots. He's terrified of needles. :P - I already know he won't do it locally, unless I was physically there to nag him! So we're most likely going to have to pay the extra £ at his medical. :-/

He will agree to the local shots at first. Then, he'll wimp out & say that he'll just pay the extra at the london appointment. Argh!

He should really make the most of the NHS while he can, most of the shots cost nothing. At the medical they'll charge ridiculous prices....but it's his money I guess. :P

My fiance is going to be traveling all the way from near Teesside...bleh...that's a 6 hour train ride, if i remember correctly. I think we should be able to find him a cheap plane ticket...that would eliminate about 4-5 hours.

Link me to some good airfare sites for UK flights please, so I can bookmark them for future use! :)

If I remember right, the prices for in-country flights always seemed fair...unless that has changed. :P

Its a 3 hour train ride, 4 at most. I lived 100 miles north of Teeside, took me just 3.5 hours on the train to London. Flying isn't any quicker, when you account all the time you spend at the airports. You can get a cheap train ticket if you book in advance. I paid 14 pounds from Berwick Upon Tweed, which is 60 miles north of Newcastle.

Goodluck!

Ahhh sweeeet. Thanks for the info. :) I couldn't remember a thing about trains last night! Yeah I remember that the train rides never cost much. Would just need to make sure he books it AHEAD of time & doesn't do his last minute thing... :wacko:

He should really make the most of the NHS while he can, most of the shots cost nothing. At the medical they'll charge ridiculous prices....but it's his money I guess. :P

yeah I know. :) When the time comes, I'm gonna make sure to nag him like theres no tomorrow! lol

He's just a silly guy when it comes to SAVING money. You can guess who is going to be the one in charge of finances in this marriage. :):dance:

Does anyone know the usual amount of shots for a guy to receive, if he's not up to date on ANYthing???? And do they combine any of them in an all-in-1 shot?

I went ahead & informed him about the shots...he wasn't a happy camper! So he's wondering if they give all the shots in one day, a few a day, etc

He's kinda restricted on holidays for the rest of the year, so he would need to get his shots done in one day. :s

Edited by boohbah

I had to get the MMR & TD shots done. Only took my doc a few mins. Best part was, it was FREE! :) Its all very harmless, no pain involved.

Feb 2005 - Met online through brit band doves

Dec 15th 2005 - Met for first time at U2 concert in NE, USA

Apr 30 2008 K1 Interview Approved

Dec 11 2008 AOS approved

Dec 18 2008 Permanent Resident card received

Oct 22 2010 ROC NOA 1 Received

Jan 31 2011 ROC Approved

Doves Music Blog / Doves Official

I would try to find a cheap flight. Definitely worth it to save 5 hours on a train.

If it makes you feel any better, remember that anyone coming from Northern Ireland MUST fly to London!

12-18-06 Began investigating K1 process<3

--------------------

01-10-08 K-1 PETITION SUBMITTED

07-18-08 INTERVIEW... APPROVED!!! (190 long days)

09-02-08 MARRIED <3

--------------------

04-07-09 AOS APPROVED (196 days)

--------------------

07-21-11 ROC APPROVED

--------------------

09-13-13 N-400 NATURALIZATION PETITION FINALLY SUBMITTED

10-23-13 IN LINE FOR INTERVIEW

01-11-14 RECEIVED INTERVIEW LETTER

02-10-14 INTERVIEW DATE & OATH DONE... US CITIZEN!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.