LAnthony

This really pissed me off!!!

89 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline

Hello everyone. I have been a lurker on this site for a few months now. I'm not really much of a chatter but I overheard something really disturbing a few hours ago at work, so i have to vent a little. One of my co-workers (that i really dont know very well) was telling another co-worker that one of his friends invited him to this party where he said there will be a bunch of women with J visas looking for American citizens to marry so they can come here and live permanently :o ...If I'm not mistaken, he called it an "immigration party."... This just pissed me the heck off!!! :ranting: Though I'm not really that surprised....

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hello fellow lurker, i hardly write anything here either, but you brought up something that has bugged me for a long time, I work in a hotel in Orlando, a very well known hotel, we have many J1's , they are from all over, Argentina, Romania, Peru, and the biggest influx that is there now is from the Phillpines

I can't tell you how many times that these people have come to me and friends of mine and are looking for husbands and wives, its incredible, I can't begin to tell you how many people have married american citizens already too, and quickly got the girl pregnant,

one such case I thought of the guy as quiet and nice before I knew what trick he had up his sleeve, I knew him from the time he got to the hotel, he had a fiance back in his country, all of sudden he is married to an american and now she is pregnant

Not only this, I here from the Mexicans who are working at the hotel, telling how they crossed the dessert and some point and were picked up by an american labor company

I am all for people coming to this country, hell my grandparents were brought over to Ellis Island way back in the day, the late 1800's and early 1900's, I understand people want a better life, but we suffer because we are doing the legal thing.

I have a lot of venting to do, this is just the beginning, I have waited for four years now to be with my husband, because our original case which was an I129 F was approved but later it expired while it was in the hands of immigration, and then I was unable to travel to see him because of airfares being so high

So here we wait together, for a long long time,

Good Luck to everyone,

Kathleen

[

APPROVED 8/26/08 got notice on 8/27

Received Hard Copy 9/2/08

NVC Received : 9/2/08

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 9/9/08

Pay I-864 Bill 9/10/08

Receive I-864 Package : 9/15/08

Return Completed I-864 : 9/24/08

Return Completed DS-3032 : 9/10/08

Receive IV Bill : 9/19/08

Pay IV Bill : 9/19/08

Receive Instruction Package :

Case Completed at NVC : 10/27/08

NVC Left : 11/06/08

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date : 12/11/08

Visa Received : 12/12/08

US Entry : 1/1/09

Hello fellow lurker, i hardly write anything here either, but you brought up something that has bugged me for a long time, I work in a hotel in Orlando, a very well known hotel, we have many J1's , they are from all over, Argentina, Romania, Peru, and the biggest influx that is there now is from the Phillpines

I can't tell you how many times that these people have come to me and friends of mine and are looking for husbands and wives, its incredible, I can't begin to tell you how many people have married american citizens already too, and quickly got the girl pregnant,

one such case I thought of the guy as quiet and nice before I knew what trick he had up his sleeve, I knew him from the time he got to the hotel, he had a fiance back in his country, all of sudden he is married to an american and now she is pregnant

Not only this, I here from the Mexicans who are working at the hotel, telling how they crossed the dessert and some point and were picked up by an american labor company

I am all for people coming to this country, hell my grandparents were brought over to Ellis Island way back in the day, the late 1800's and early 1900's, I understand people want a better life, but we suffer because we are doing the legal thing.

I have a lot of venting to do, this is just the beginning, I have waited for four years now to be with my husband, because our original case which was an I129 F was approved but later it expired while it was in the hands of immigration, and then I was unable to travel to see him because of airfares being so high

Good Luck to everyone,

Kathleen

LAnthony,

Hello there, when I read your posting, something popped into my head, for your sake while your in this process of getting your loved one here, STAY AWAY from any co-worker and the person you heard about this party from, you do not want to ruin your chances with the immigration process.

Dont even ask how the party went, cause you yourself will be checked out, they do check employment, and if you have a case worker visit you at work and ask some other employees about your job and character, also your marriage, and you know what goes on at this party, you could hurt yourself in your process. Guilt by association.

Im not saying your intentions are not real with bringing your loved one here, just protect yourself. You dont need a jerk messing up your process.

I wish you the best in your journey. I only wrote this posting for your protection and mean well.

Edited by Paris Heart

Truly happy!!!

New life, new adventures, and a new attitude.

you might want to write a letter to your senator or to USCIS because we are all made to suffer and might even have our petitions denied because of such things

Timeline
you might want to write a letter to your senator or to USCIS because we are all made to suffer and might even have our petitions denied because of such things

i would make sure some form of Immigration would be told of things like this and where, they might just want to POP in undercover and help a little :thumbs:

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

i have hear of those things too and it irritates me to no end i have not seen perviz in well over a year and we are stuck in i dont know what waiting for just permission to apply......those people come anyway they can and end up with what we work so hard for and cost us a lot because our country is trying to keep illegals or what ever from getting visas? really fries me yeah someone pushed my buttons today i dont loss it much on this forum but that is just craziness.......we do it the legal way and get nothing but ####### from our government........i just want to start the rest of my life with the one i love i have already wait three years because he wanted me to be older and finished with college now again i have to wait because csc cant seem to make a decision? and those kinds of people come in here and just take what we are working for legally?

where is the justice in that?????

Timeline

the justice comes when we speak, if we sit and do nothing it continues on same way

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
the justice comes when we speak, if we sit and do nothing it continues on same way

welllllllll lol i did speak even got a little piece in the editorial of our local news paper.........has not done a lot of good that i can see lol :whistle:

Timeline
and the anoying thing is, they will probably be approved a lot faster than me! :crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:

Thats what pissed me off...who knows how long it will take for my husband to get here? we just started the process. :angry:

Timeline

Good Luck to everyone,

Kathleen

Im sorry to hear of what you've been put through....I pray for a speedy approval for you and your husband

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
Hello everyone. I have been a lurker on this site for a few months now. I'm not really much of a chatter but I overheard something really disturbing a few hours ago at work, so i have to vent a little. One of my co-workers (that i really dont know very well) was telling another co-worker that one of his friends invited him to this party where he said there will be a bunch of women with J visas looking for American citizens to marry so they can come here and live permanently :o ...If I'm not mistaken, he called it an "immigration party."... This just pissed me the heck off!!! :ranting: Though I'm not really that surprised....

Ad we all wonder why this process takes so long and why we have to jump through hoops to prove that our relationships are legitimate..........

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Timeline
LAnthony,

Hello there, when I read your posting, something popped into my head, for your sake while your in this process of getting your loved one here, STAY AWAY from any co-worker and the person you heard about this party from, you do not want to ruin your chances with the immigration process.

Dont even ask how the party went, cause you yourself will be checked out, they do check employment, and if you have a case worker visit you at work and ask some other employees about your job and character, also your marriage, and you know what goes on at this party, you could hurt yourself in your process. Guilt by association.

Im not saying your intentions are not real with bringing your loved one here, just protect yourself. You dont need a jerk messing up your process.

I wish you the best in your journey. I only wrote this posting for your protection and mean well.

Hello Paris Heart,

No need to worry about me. Like I said, i dont know that person really well, and i dont see him very often. He was not even talking to me. I just held my tongue and walked away. I'm not worried at all about proving myself...it just upsets me that people are doing this sort of thing and getting away with it while I'm sitting here waiting....and waiting....and waiting.

All the best...

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Some people think it's strange that I met my wife on the internet when she was in China looking to meet a western husband.

Personally, I think there's absolutely nothing wrong with such a party. Now if a couple enters into a fraudulent relationship for an immigration benefit, shame on them but I expect many a bona fide relationship has begun at such a party. Why assume it's all about sham relationships. J1 visa holders are people too.

The way you met your fiance(e) or spouse has nothing to do with how genuine the relationship, and frankly, I'm getting tired of relationship snobbery/bigotry being displayed on VJ by some of its members.

Let's have some "sensitivity" here. The next time I read about "Heck, some people meet on the internet and make the decision to marry in advance of meeting in person." I swear I'm going to come unglued. My wife and I are two of those people and I know plenty more happy marriages that followed the same path. Get over yourselves already!

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.