Cranky

K-1 denied at Manila Embassy, no reason or direction given.

51 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Sorry to hear about what happened. That's strange because they don't normally deny the visa, not unless the applicant admitted using drugs or if they (embassy) found out that the applicant is married to somebody else and was hiding it or if the applicant has communicable diseases. etc. If your fiancee was just lacking of some requirements/documents, she'll be put to AR (administrative review) and won't have her visa until such time that she's able to turn in the missing papers.

Anyway, here's the number you can call: 011-632-301-2000 ext. 5184, look for Lorraine or Grace. Make sure you got your fiancee's Manila Case Number so they can check it out in their system. You need to get involved and make calls before they return the application back here in US.

Good luck!

--Mae

Thanks Mae. She has never been married, never taken illegal drugs, and has no disease. If that was the case, shouldn't they have given a form stating the reason, or even a verbal?

What's this number for, and who are Lorraine or Grace?

What reason do I give to have them hold the case and not send it back?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
Sorry to hear about what happened. That's strange because they don't normally deny the visa, not unless the applicant admitted using drugs or if they (embassy) found out that the applicant is married to somebody else and was hiding it or if the applicant has communicable diseases. etc. If your fiancee was just lacking of some requirements/documents, she'll be put to AR (administrative review) and won't have her visa until such time that she's able to turn in the missing papers.

Anyway, here's the number you can call: 011-632-301-2000 ext. 5184, look for Lorraine or Grace. Make sure you got your fiancee's Manila Case Number so they can check it out in their system. You need to get involved and make calls before they return the application back here in US.

Good luck!

--Mae

Thanks Mae. She has never been married, never taken illegal drugs, and has no disease. If that was the case, shouldn't they have given a form stating the reason, or even a verbal?

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
maybe marc ellis? he posts sometimes in the forums

He appears to be predominantly VN, but may have knowledge of PI.... If not he may have a reccomendation...

YMMV

Timeline

He appears to be predominantly VN, but may have knowledge of PI.... If not he may have a reccomendation...

true but he has done some thru casa also so guessing he does most all

TIMELINE

-------------

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

A google search turned up

Reeves & Associates.. LA, SF, LV & Manila offices

http://www.rreeves.com/Tours.asp

YMMV

Timeline

A google search turned up

Reeves & Associates.. LA, SF, LV & Manila offices

http://www.rreeves.com/Tours.asp

Thank you.

- Called, will have phone consult with attorney at 2:30 pm today.

- Email sent to Marc Ellis also.

- Calling Manila Embassy tonight ( their morning) and see what I can find out.

- Once I have Manila Embassy case number (don't have with me here at work) I will contact my congresspersons office tomorrow morning and start working that channel also.

Timeline

I would strongly suggest you call the embassy and speak with Ms Loraine or Ms Grace. They should be able to tell you the reason for the denial. Maybe there was a problem with her document verification or her medical. Me and my fiancee were just approved and it sounds like to me u had everything and more. Did u send backup docs with ur taxes and with ur 134? The number to the embassy is 011-63-2-301-2000 ext 5184 or 5185. Good luck!!!

Timeline
I would strongly suggest you call the embassy and speak with Ms Loraine or Ms Grace. They should be able to tell you the reason for the denial. Maybe there was a problem with her document verification or her medical. Me and my fiancee were just approved and it sounds like to me u had everything and more. Did u send backup docs with ur taxes and with ur 134? The number to the embassy is 011-63-2-301-2000 ext 5184 or 5185. Good luck!!!

I am going to do that when I get home tonight. I just read this off their website: http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

-=/snip/=-

If the consular officer determines that the applicant is not eligible for visa issuance, this will be explained to the applicant who will be provided a written refusal sheet that informs her/him:

1) how the visa refusal may be overcome with additional documentation or information;

2) to await notification from the Embassy if the case will require further review; or

3) the basis for the determination of a visa ineligibility under U.S. immigration law and if a waiver of ineligibility is available.

-=/end snip/=-

She didn't get anything. The people at St Lukes said there where no medical problems, the only issue was the two additional years W2s they asked for and told her to bring in when she could which she did the following day.

Edited by Cranky

It sounds like some power hungry ### hole has gone out of his way to make life hard. If I had this happen, I will catch the next flight to Manila. There are people in this proscess who do everything possible to make things harder. Not only at the embassy, at all levels!

The people at USCIS are rude, and have been known to tell out right lies. If you make them angry you will be delayed. They do not have a checks and balance system, they answer to no one. As I have said here before, this whole system is broken. It does not need repair, it needs to be replaced with a new proscess from top to bottom.

WISH YOU THE BEST

john&Jean

Timeline

They have what they call pouches, they fill these with out cases when full they will return could be tomorrow could be next month BUT did they ever directly say they were returning for review

Edited by brnidokiegurl

TIMELINE

-------------

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

Good luck!

--Mae

Ms. Lorraine and Ms. Grace are the person in-charge at the immigration visa unit of US Embassy Manila. They are very accomodating to USC and will give out information to you. Just ask them about what happened to your fiancee's application, why she's being denied, etc. Just let them know your concerns.

N-400 NATURALIZATION

04/04/2011 - Mailed N-400 to AZ Lockbox

04/06/2011 - Received

04/07/2011 - NOA

04/07/2011 - Check cashed

04/14/2011 - Biometrics appointment in the mail

04/21/2011 - Early Biometrics (was scheduled on May 4, 2011)

05/09/2011 - Case Status Notification - In line for interview and testing

05/10/2011 - Case Status Notification - Interview scheduled

05/14/2011 - Interview Appointment Letter in the mail

06/21/2011 - Interview Appointment Date

06/29/2011 - Case Status Notification - Placed in the oath scheduling que

08/16/2011 - Case Status Notification - Oath ceremony scheduled

09/15/2011 - Oath Taking - good riddance!

09/23/2011 - Applied for Passport

10/08/2011 - Passport in the mail

10/17/2011 - Certificate of Naturalization in the mail -- OFFICIALLY DONE!

"Love is a noble act of self-giving, offering trust, faith, and loyalty.

The more you love, the more you lose a part of yourself, yet you don't become less of who you are;

you end up being complete with your loved ones."

Timeline

I found out a little more info last night that I didn't have before.

She did receive a 212(a) ( if I remember the number correctly) stating something to the effect of "no petitionable relationship to the petitioner exists".

She assumes this is because of a previous marriage in 1997, that was dissolved in a US court one month later that she didn't want to tell me about.

She queried the NSO office and found no record of the marriage, so she thought it would not show up. Apparently it showed up in a local govt office where the marriage took place.

She said she had filed for and was approved for an "Abandoned" status with the Philippine courts in Sep 2007, however I had filed for the 129F in Aug 2007.

so.. some questions I have that I will be asking an attorney hopefully today.

1. Can this be challenged at the Manilla embassy, can she show them her abandoned/single status and clear the discrepancy?

2. Is she considered now to have committed fraud on the initial application because of the timing of filing the abandonment after the initial filing for the visa petition?

3. If so, will that prevent me from being able to file for her again?

4. Would this prevent me from filing for anyone else in the future?

5. Am I liable for her misstatement of her marital status?

6. Is she liable?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.