Team J and B

Is it TRUE?

69 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

One of our local Ingles (we have 2 in town) recently renovated and became a "super" Ingles. They added quite a lot of space, as well as quite a lot of new products. When I first got here the only "international" foods on the shelves anywhere in town was fake Mexican stuff (Taco Bell packaged taco meal kit type stuff) and a couple of Chinese packaged noodles and spices. None of the stores in town even had an organics section, and now most of them do.

I certainly wouldn't call Morganton and bustling metropolis (not even close!), but at least the grocery stores are starting to catch up with the rest of the world. I have to stock up on some items though because I know they won't be long on the shelves. A lot of international (and dare I say it, even healthier American packaged foods) stuff doesn't sell well still, so they don't stock it long sometimes.

DeadPool is right on one account though. When you can go to Hardees and get a thickburger meal if you look at the calorie and fat count, its enough to feed 2 people for about a day and a half. I know people around here that can, and do, eat 2 meals a day at Hardee's and the like. Just watching what some people around here eat makes me want to purge myself :P

divorced - April 2010 moved back to Ontario May 2010 and surrendered green card

PLEASE DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME OR EMAIL ME. I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT CURRENT US IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES!!!!!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
Ingles isn't bad though - their house brands are actually quite good. I spread my shopping around between Aldi's, Ingles, Kroger's and Costco. If I have a lot to do and only a short time, then I'll use Walmart too. It was at the Ingles in Locust Grove that I actually found crumpets in their freezer section - and bought 10 packages! Hehehe, Now they are in MY freezer:-).

I love dark chocolate and prefer the European dark chocolate to what I have found here in the States. That being said, the good quality Hershey's dark isn't bad nor is the Dove dark. I agree, though, most chocolate here is far too sweet and not nearly chocolate-y enough - they might just as well rename it 'dark brown sugar'.

I have found crumpets in the majority of the Atlanta area Publix stores.

Thanks, good to know. Next time I make it into Atlanta proper, I will stop in at a Publix. I know that the ones here in Stockbridge/Morrow/McDonough/Forest Park area that I have been in don't carry them. Ah, crumpets! hehehe, or I may just drive to Locust Grove again - it's closer than Atlanta and I can take back roads there and back and not have to worry about I-75 traffic;-). Again, thank you.

I live in Athens and the Publix here also has crumpets...now if I could just find some Cadbury drinking chocolate.

Aug 21,1999 Married in Toronto

I-130 APPROVED CSC DECEMBER 3,2004

I-129(K3) APPROVED November 17, 2004

INTERVIEW January 19,2005-switched from K3 to IR-1

I-601 waiver filed at interview

February 18 I-864/DS-230/IR-1 fee paid at Montreal consulate

WAIVER SENT TO VSC from Montreal April 1,2005

Expedited with senator assistance.

Touches April 21/May 23/June10

I-601 APPROVED JUNE 17,2005!!!!!!!!!!

N400 NOA May 15,2008

Biometrics May 30,2008 Atlanta

Interview June 21,2008

6847.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

hehehe I obviously need to have a talk with our local Publix manager then and suggest he contact some of his colleagues - and get in crumpets!

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
I live in Athens and the Publix here also has crumpets...now if I could just find some Cadbury drinking chocolate.

I'm from the Athens area! I grew up in Madison County, which is the county north of Athens. What part of Athens are you in?

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Do you have an Albertson's in your area? Ours, on the corner, sells Cadbury drinking chocolate - plus if they don't carry it they have little sheets you fill out to request items :thumbs:

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Ingles isn't bad though - their house brands are actually quite good. I spread my shopping around between Aldi's, Ingles, Kroger's and Costco. If I have a lot to do and only a short time, then I'll use Walmart too. It was at the Ingles in Locust Grove that I actually found crumpets in their freezer section - and bought 10 packages! Hehehe, Now they are in MY freezer:-).

I love dark chocolate and prefer the European dark chocolate to what I have found here in the States. That being said, the good quality Hershey's dark isn't bad nor is the Dove dark. I agree, though, most chocolate here is far too sweet and not nearly chocolate-y enough - they might just as well rename it 'dark brown sugar'.

We have tried the house brands too, and find them good. Kroger's is a good 35 minutes away and I do love shopping there as well. I wish there was more variety out here though, and closer. I've been to the Ingles in Locust Grove before...I think what you find varies from Ingles to Ingles...I've seen things at the LG Ingles that we haven't found up here...like the crumpets. :)

I am quite fond of the Lindt chocolates...and they are found at Walmart. OOOO LA LA...those chocolate truffles are heaven in your mouth, especially when they get just a tad warm and when you pop one in your mouth...all that warm chocolate liquid...mmmm! Then one day I went to the Mall of Georgia....Oh my goodness...I found the Lindt store. I was in choccie heaven!

OMG, Lindt chocolates are to DIE for!

have you ever tired them frozen? mmm yummy ... :)

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

I want Curly Wurly.

:whistle:

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm from the Athens area! I grew up in Madison County, which is the county north of Athens. What part of Athens are you in?

Raised in Athens..went to Clarke Central...now we live in Winterville. Hubby loves it down here..he especially likes that there is no snow to shovel. :thumbs:

My Uncle Jack Fortson was sheriff for ages out in Madison County.

Aug 21,1999 Married in Toronto

I-130 APPROVED CSC DECEMBER 3,2004

I-129(K3) APPROVED November 17, 2004

INTERVIEW January 19,2005-switched from K3 to IR-1

I-601 waiver filed at interview

February 18 I-864/DS-230/IR-1 fee paid at Montreal consulate

WAIVER SENT TO VSC from Montreal April 1,2005

Expedited with senator assistance.

Touches April 21/May 23/June10

I-601 APPROVED JUNE 17,2005!!!!!!!!!!

N400 NOA May 15,2008

Biometrics May 30,2008 Atlanta

Interview June 21,2008

6847.gif

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Raised in Athens..went to Clarke Central...now we live in Winterville. Hubby loves it down here..he especially likes that there is no snow to shovel. :thumbs:

My Uncle Jack Fortson was sheriff for ages out in Madison County.

Ah yes, I remember him well. Didn't know him personally though. My hubby doesn't miss the snow much either, although when it did know up here a while back, he shoveled the drive...for old times sake. :D

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.