Henia

N-600

14 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline

Hello ... wondering if anyone here can give some more insight into the N-600 form that entitles a baby born to a US citizen living in a foreign land to gain citizenhip throu the US parent.

I am the US citizen, currently pregnant but living in my husband's country.

Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

All you do is register the birth at the nearest US Consulate, and they will issue a US passport for the child, you can then request a Certified Copy of a Consular Report of Birth Abroad from DOS proving US Citizenship.

http://algiers.usembassy.gov/crba.html

http://www.travel.state.gov/passport/get/f.../first_825.html

N-600 not needed unless you dont report the birth abroad, and immigrate the child, and then claim citizenship for the child.

Edited by YuAndDan

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: Timeline
All you do is register the birth at the nearest US Consulate, and they will issue a US passport for the child, you can then request a Certified Copy of a Consular Report of Birth Abroad from DOS proving US Citizenship.

N-600 not needed unless you dont report the birth abroad, and immigrate the child, and then claim citizenship for the child.

r both parents supposed 2be usa citizens in order to claim the baby as american or can one parent be a usa citizen and still have the baby claimed as american...

Timeline

r both parents supposed 2be usa citizens in order to claim the baby as american or can one parent be a usa citizen and still have the baby claimed as american...

Nope, only ONE parent needs to be US citizen, in your case it is easier because you the birth mother is the US Citizen, so no paternity test required.

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

So YuandDan,

Let us say the father naturalizes and has a child that is under 18, would that child need a partetnity test in order to get US Citizenship?

Why is it that the only one who can stop the crying is the one who started it in the first place?

More Complete Story here
My Saga includes 2 step sons
USC Married 4/2007 Colombian on overstay since 2001 of B1/B2 visa
Applied 5/2007 Approved GC in Hand 10/2007
I-751 mailed 6/30/09 aapproved 11/7/09 The BOYS I-751 Mailed 12/29/09 3/23/10 Email approval for 17 CR 3/27/10
4/14/10 Email approval for 13 yr Old CR 4/23/10

Oldest son now 21 I-130 filed by LPR dad ( as per NVC CSPA is applying here )
I-130 approved 2/24
Priority date 12/6/2007
4/6/2010 letter from NVC arrives to son dated 3/4/2010
5/4/10 received AOS and DS3032 via email
9/22/10 Interview BOG Passed
10/3/10 POE JFK all went well
11/11/10 GC Received smile.png

Timeline
So YuandDan,

Let us say the father naturalizes and has a child that is under 18, would that child need a partetnity test in order to get US Citizenship?

Not necessarily, if child's birth cert names father as biological parent, more than likely USCIS will accept this, and the child will become US citizen along with father when father naturalizes, however I believe the child needs to be a resident of the USA when this happens.

Timeline
So YuandDan,

Not necessarily, if child's birth cert names father as biological parent, more than likely USCIS will accept this, and the child will become US citizen along with father when father naturalizes, however I believe the child needs to be a resident of the USA when this happens.

Thanks yes Child is here and this would speed the process to 3 years for him instead of 5 for citizenship. I apprecite the answer. Sorry for bargining in on this thread :)

Why is it that the only one who can stop the crying is the one who started it in the first place?

More Complete Story here
My Saga includes 2 step sons
USC Married 4/2007 Colombian on overstay since 2001 of B1/B2 visa
Applied 5/2007 Approved GC in Hand 10/2007
I-751 mailed 6/30/09 aapproved 11/7/09 The BOYS I-751 Mailed 12/29/09 3/23/10 Email approval for 17 CR 3/27/10
4/14/10 Email approval for 13 yr Old CR 4/23/10

Oldest son now 21 I-130 filed by LPR dad ( as per NVC CSPA is applying here )
I-130 approved 2/24
Priority date 12/6/2007
4/6/2010 letter from NVC arrives to son dated 3/4/2010
5/4/10 received AOS and DS3032 via email
9/22/10 Interview BOG Passed
10/3/10 POE JFK all went well
11/11/10 GC Received smile.png

Timeline

Hello ... thanks Dan for the info and link! Looking into it now! Seems to be easier then I had thought it would! Is there a certain time limit on completing this, do you know? I mean, do we have to do this asap when the baby is born ... or can wait for few months?

Edited by Henia

Timeline
Hello ... thanks Dan for the info and link! Looking into it now! Seems to be easier then I had thought it would! Is there a certain time limit on completing this, do you know? I mean, do we have to do this asap when the baby is born ... or can wait for few months?

Just wonder how that 460 buck filing fee plus all the other strings attached compares with flying home, having your baby, then flying back again. Ha, does that country have a US Embassy? What about having your baby there?

A whole bunch of illegals are having tons of babies here, all US citizens at birth and no immigration involved.

Timeline

Hello,

Well considering that airfare would be about 3000$ right in the summer ... plus costs of the delivery, finding place to stay in the meantime etc. I think I am better off here ... plus doubt husband would get visa to come with me ... but we did consider this before!

Timeline
Hello,

Well considering that airfare would be about 3000$ right in the summer ... plus costs of the delivery, finding place to stay in the meantime etc. I think I am better off here ... plus doubt husband would get visa to come with me ... but we did consider this before!

Good point, I feel you should apply for that N-600 at least a year ahead before you intend on bringing your child back here, appears the processing times of the N-600 are just as slow as the N-400, and you would also need to apply for a US passport for your baby. Use be that any child born of a US citizen was automatically a US citizen, not sure when that changed.

Wife elected not to travel to her home country this year, poor maintenance of aircraft reported, many flights were canceled, and the rates have more than doubled. Must be Bush's way of saying goodbye.

Timeline
Wife elected not to travel to her home country this year, poor maintenance of aircraft reported, many flights were canceled, and the rates have more than doubled. Must be Bush's way of saying goodbye.

Sorry for replying to thi thread late, but :lol::thumbs::lol: NickD!

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

You can apply for a Consular Report of Birth Abroad at any time before the child turns 18... but will need a US Passport in order to enter the US and get US Consular protection. Obviously, the sooner the better.

Knowledge itself is power - Sir Francis Bacon

I have gone fishing... you can find me by going here http://**removed due to TOS**

Timeline

Ha, was telling my wife about paying $4.25 for a gallon of gasoline, what say to I have in this when the airlines, shipping companies that include ships, railroads, and trucks can't do anything about it. But on second thought, all these companies are passing the increased expenses unto the consumers. So while they may appear to be crying about the high cost of fuel prices, they are crying all the way to their banks. So who is exactly getting nailed on this?

Listening to an expert on PBS radio yesterday on airline rates, it's going to get much worse with the usual people calling in, maybe we should buy a horse. But I was hearing different things than what was being said. Merging of airlines does not decrease cost, what it really does is eliminates competition so they can tack on any price they want. Thanks to Regan and his administration to kill the long Sherman Act to stop stuff like this, we have one guy that owns the entire computer industry. And owns it is the exact word, you don't own your operating system, you just paid to license it if you have a computer.

Same with the oil companies and airlines, at this rate, we will only have one airline and one oil company. But one thing we have in our favor is that we the consumers are the vast majority in this country. It's a lot worse now than the 60's or the 70's, but Americans were protesting back then, today, everybody is dead quiet and they are letting our president get away with murder, and murder is the precise word. Certainly not the the founders of this country that fought back for injustices. The American Patriot Act took away many of our freedoms just because our government agencies weren't doing their job. Are we all going to sit back and let this happen to us?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.