18 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline

Yes that's true. Police Department in Japan requires the applicant to submit a letter of request from NVC which if I am not mistaken should be included in the checklist packet for DS230 (Got nothin' from NVC though).

What I did was I called the PD and requested if I can just bring my NOA2 since I didn't receive such letter from NVC so, they just made a copy of it, my passport, one passport photo and 400yen fee. Remember, she needs to acquire more than one Police clearance if she lived in different places for more than six months after her 16th birthday. Approximately five working days to get a Police Clearance, more than a week if it's in Tokyo.

Hope this info. helps.

Once the AOS Bill entered into NVC system you can go on and send your I-864 package. Once your wife's Choice of Agent letter entered into NVC system they will generate the Immigrant Visa Bill $400 payable online. After you paid the IV Bill, NVC will generate the DS230 so be ready with all documents from your wife or your wife can send it directly to NVC (via FEDEX), takes three days.

Documents to be sent to NVC are DS230 form PartI with signature and PartII w/o sign., Birth Certificate with English translation, Police Clearance, Copy of Passport biographic data and 2 passport photos. (Divorce degree with English translation if any).

Goodluck.

This is great info, Just what I was looking for. Thanks

Just so Im straight, I can go ahead and send in the I-864 package now along with my tax returns, paycheck stubs and letter from my job, right?

The thing Im getting hung up about is when can my wife go to the Police station? She tried once and they told her that she needs something from the Visa center before they will give her that information.

Thanks again

CR1 - California Service Center

02-28-2007 Sent in application

12-10-2007 Interview US Embassy/Tokyo

12-12-2007 Visa received

12-25-2007 US entry

Lifting Condition - Vermont Service Center

10-07-2009 Sent in application

11-20-2009 Biometrics Appointment

01-04-2010 Approved

01-24-2010 Visa received

N400 - Lewisville Texas

04-26-2011 Sent in application

05-02-2011 NOA

05-02-2011 Check cashed

06-09-2011 Received Biometrics Appointment Letter for 06/15

06-10-2011 Early walk-in Biometrics

06-14-2011 Inline sched. for interview

07-08-2011 Received Interview Letter

08-10-2011 Interview (Passed)

08-22-2011 Oath

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
I'd like to ask you guys about the needed documents that I have to send them along with DS-230, I am a Thai and my visa will be made at the Embassy in BKK Thailand so I don't need to send the translations ,right?..just want to make sure.

So i called the NVC and they told me that if the embassy your getting interviewed from is in the same language as you native language. you should not need a translation. but i have been hearing 2 different thing. so i would rather be safe than sorry. better to have them and not need it than to not have it and need it!

hope this is helpful.

thank you very much for your reply, it helps.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
Yes that's true. Police Department in Japan requires the applicant to submit a letter of request from NVC which if I am not mistaken should be included in the checklist packet for DS230 (Got nothin' from NVC though).

What I did was I called the PD and requested if I can just bring my NOA2 since I didn't receive such letter from NVC so, they just made a copy of it, my passport, one passport photo and 400yen fee. Remember, she needs to acquire more than one Police clearance if she lived in different places for more than six months after her 16th birthday. Approximately five working days to get a Police Clearance, more than a week if it's in Tokyo.

Hope this info. helps.

Once the AOS Bill entered into NVC system you can go on and send your I-864 package. Once your wife's Choice of Agent letter entered into NVC system they will generate the Immigrant Visa Bill $400 payable online. After you paid the IV Bill, NVC will generate the DS230 so be ready with all documents from your wife or your wife can send it directly to NVC (via FEDEX), takes three days.

Documents to be sent to NVC are DS230 form PartI with signature and PartII w/o sign., Birth Certificate with English translation, Police Clearance, Copy of Passport biographic data and 2 passport photos. (Divorce degree with English translation if any).

Goodluck.

This is great info, Just what I was looking for. Thanks

Just so Im straight, I can go ahead and send in the I-864 package now along with my tax returns, paycheck stubs and letter from my job, right?

The thing Im getting hung up about is when can my wife go to the Police station? She tried once and they told her that she needs something from the Visa center before they will give her that information.

Thanks again

Another quick question for the guys married to Japanese citizens. I cant remember since it was so long ago that I sent in my I-130 but isnt the Marriage certificate the same as the divorce decree or is it the Honseki(family register) that Im thinking about.

I seem to only remember sending in Two Japanese documents before. Luckily I got two copies of the translations the first time. So all of that is ready to go.

VSC

Sent I-130..................December 24 2007

Recieved NOA1...........Febuary 13th 2008

Received NOA2 approval email........May 1st 2008

NVC

May 6th 2008 : NVC received & case# generated

May 15th 2008 : NVC generated & mailed DS 3032 & AOS Fee Bill

May 28th 2008 : DS 3032 Sent (E-mailed / Auto Response)

June 4th 2008 : AOS shows PAID on website, THEN REJECTED twice

June 11th 2008 : AOS bill finally accepted. Shows PAID on website.

June 25th 2008 : Paid $400.00 IV Bill

June 26th 2008 : IV Bill shows PAID on website.

June 30th 2008 : Mailed DS-230 package to NVC.

July 11th 2008 : Called NVC. Automated message stated CASE COMPLETE!

August 8th 2008: Called NVC and spoke with operator. She stated Sept 29th at 9am is when the interview is scheduled for.

Sept 29th 2008: Wife had interview. Medical exam was about to expire before our flight so we had to get another one. Mailed it in to the embassy and got wife's visa a few days later in the mail.

Oct. 20th 2008: Wife, daughter and myself arrive back in America. POE took a whole 10 or 15 minutes.

Oct. 21st - forever: Happy to be with my wife and baby girl.

Good luck everyone!!! Stay strong and don't give up!

Jeff, Akiko and Mokka Harlow Krause!

2737631017_9d7de3d7bb_m.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.