flavaofsummer

what does the IO mean by this?

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

they keep saying ur case is under regular processing months so u have to give us a call back if u dont get the IL within the normal processing months which is 7 months.so over all they r saying wait 7 months..why do they say this? in mid june it will be 7 months ..they dont explain why they r saying this but just repeat that ur case is in the normal 7 month period if u dont hear anything call us..did anyone hear about this or do u know whats the deal? they confuse me cus when i ask dont u go by the local office dates they say yes we do so which is it? it cant be two things at once its one or the other????? how is this?

Edited by flavaofsummer

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Every type of visa has a processing timeline. Evidently they haven´t gotten to your month yet. You have to wait until a certain time has passed before you can start asking and pressuring them about your visa. So you haven´t passed that time yet. You have to wait longer. If you don´t get a notice by mail by then, then you can call them back.

I-130 (almost 5 months)

12/04/2007 I-130 sent

05/01/2008 I-130 NOA2 (approval) from CSC!

I-129f

02/06/2008 I-129f sent

05/30/2008 I-129f NOA2 (approval)--too late!

NVC (changed from K-3 to CR-1) (31 days)

05/06/2008 case received and case # assigned

05/12/2008 DS-3032 and AOS bill generated

05/13/2008 DS-3032 sent (by e-mail)

05/13/2008 AOS bill invoiced (paid online)

05/14/2008 AOS bill PAID and cover sheet printed

05/16/2008 AOS package sent to NVC (FedEx from Peru)

05/19/2008 AOS package received by NVC (9:30 AM)

05/20/2008 DS-3032 Choice of Agent accepted (confirmation by e-mail)

05/20/2008 AOS entered into NVC system

05/21/2008 NVC recording says I have info missing (false RFE confirmed by NVC operator!)

05/24/2008 IV bill invoiced (paid online)--bad timing-Memorial Day weekend!

05/28/2008 IV bill PAID and cover sheet printed

05/28/2008 DS-230 sent to NVC (FedEx from Peru)--received DS3032 via snail mail!

05/30/2008 DS-230 received by NVC (9:40 AM)

06/02/2008 DS-230 entered into NVC system

06/06/2008 case complete at NVC!

06/12/2008 sent to embassy in Lima, Peru!

06/16/2008 papers arrived at Embassy

06/18/2008 received interview packet (in US)

07/02/2008 medical exam

07/11/2008 Interview in Lima, Peru!

08/20/2008 POE Atlanta, then fly to Seattle

09/05/2008 Received Welcome Letter

10/20/2008 1st wedding anniversary!

10/20/2009 2nd anniversary!

02/06/2010 Daughter born!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
Every type of visa has a processing timeline. Evidently they haven´t gotten to your month yet. You have to wait until a certain time has passed before you can start asking and pressuring them about your visa. So you haven´t passed that time yet. You have to wait longer. If you don´t get a notice by mail by then, then you can call them back.

Oh, flavaofsummer, each passing day must be like an eternity to you waiting to get your husband here, then have to be a US citizen first before you can even apply. Most of us here are already US citizens and had quite a wait to bring our mates here, I certainly don't envy your situation and know how it feels for each passing day to be an eternity. Even hired the best US immigration law firm I could find, but was told to wait.

We are not nearly in the hurry today for citizenship for my wife, we are finally together, but just getting on the case status site with current applications dated October 30, 2007 is one thing. But that note above stated that applications have more than doubled since July of 2007, your actual processing date may be extended from 13-15 months certainly isn't helpful. But how can anyone here explain that when the USCIS itself cannot give consistent numbers?

Guess all we can give is sympathy and can only ask, is coming here really worth it? Yes, I asked myself that question many times as well but like most of us here, am not filthy rich so also have to work to make a living.

Recall another time in my life when time seemed endless, after a long exhausting day in our military would get assigned all night guard duty. Wouldn't dare close your eyes for a second, no mercy, fall asleep and end up in the stockade. Would so some mental math, in 1702 days, this will be all over, not a good thought. Would turn up to the heavens, wonder if there is a God and pray to Him for strength to get through this, also had the support of my buddies, also in the same boat. But it's history now, time has a way of passing. Believe you have children and a family here to support you and while things seem miserable, try and find some beauty on this earth. Time will pass, it always does.

Oh, flavaofsummer, each passing day must be like an eternity to you waiting to get your husband here, then have to be a US citizen first before you can even apply. Most of us here are already US citizens and had quite a wait to bring our mates here, I certainly don't envy your situation and know how it feels for each passing day to be an eternity. Even hired the best US immigration law firm I could find, but was told to wait.

We are not nearly in the hurry today for citizenship for my wife, we are finally together, but just getting on the case status site with current applications dated October 30, 2007 is one thing. But that note above stated that applications have more than doubled since July of 2007, your actual processing date may be extended from 13-15 months certainly isn't helpful. But how can anyone here explain that when the USCIS itself cannot give consistent numbers?

Guess all we can give is sympathy and can only ask, is coming here really worth it? Yes, I asked myself that question many times as well but like most of us here, am not filthy rich so also have to work to make a living.

Recall another time in my life when time seemed endless, after a long exhausting day in our military would get assigned all night guard duty. Wouldn't dare close your eyes for a second, no mercy, fall asleep and end up in the stockade. Would so some mental math, in 1702 days, this will be all over, not a good thought. Would turn up to the heavens, wonder if there is a God and pray to Him for strength to get through this, also had the support of my buddies, also in the same boat. But it's history now, time has a way of passing. Believe you have children and a family here to support you and while things seem miserable, try and find some beauty on this earth. Time will pass, it always does.

i knew u would reply..thanks its not just the husband thing,,things here r crazy my dad has signs of being bi-polar + i think he has OCD too so its very very difficult living with someone who makes loud noises and wakes my kids up knowing we all r walking on our tippy toes and muting the TV with all this he sees he still throws things rips his bills up turns on all the lights screams talks loud on the top oh his lungs and stays in the kitchen banging pots and pans seriously with mad loud noise even though he sees a baby sleeping he still goes and does this...i ask myself why would anyone do this when they SEE a kid asleep why? i dont know! if the baby wakes up i have to stay awake with a crying baby while these folks sleep all comfy.. i just want to be in my own home with my kids where they can be in their room and i dont have to worry about anyone waking them up or giving them candy and ice cream during breakfast lunch or dinner..okies well this has a HUGE PART to do with why im waiting for the IL a HUGEEEEEE PART! no he doesnt take medication cus he thinks theres nothing wrong with him he says we r the ones who have issues.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Bi-polar, obsessive compulsive behavior, paranoia, schizophrenia, etc., are now labeled as forms of chemical imbalance in the brain, similar characteristic behavior can also be caused by a person having a brain tumor. Unlike chemical imbalances in like our drinking water, where measurements can be made and counter chemicals can be precisely added to make corrections, their are no such tests for the chemical imbalances of the brain. Purely experimental and in trying to find the corrective action, that person afflicted with this imbalance can be made far worse. So much for the advances in medication they brag about.

And if you are living with a person like this, yes, you are so correct, nothing wrong with that person, you are the one that is crazy. Difficult to predict the outcome as every person is different, may go unchanged for years like that, or commit some act against society where society takes over. One thing my wife and I have in common, and don't have to explain this to each other, and most people don't even understand how it is to live with a person like this, is that both of our ex's had this condition. In her case, her ex severely beat her that led to a divorce, in my case, I was in a serious automotive accident, and my ex divorced me the day after thinking I could no longer support her rich life style. While those days were dim, our lives are so much better now.

God if this is a test, I flunked, give me an F and let's go on to the next test. We are both religious in the sense that we married our ex's for better and worse, so ended up putting up with this kind of life for years. But it took severe circumstances in our lives to break up these defunct marriages.

Another nasty characteristic of this affliction is that the person that has it, takes it out on the people he/she is supposingly the closest to, other people, more distant may feel that person is the most wonderful person in the world, but at home, life can be intolerable. Wife and I also experienced that we were not only the victims of this affliction, but our children as well. The last thing you want to do from our experiences is to confront a person with this condition, best to handle it, by, I am taking our kids to the park or for a walk and to leave them.

I assume your financial conditions are forcing you to stay there, no other relatives or friends that can take you in? Know what you are going through, sure we are behind you in the citizenship line and would be happy to trade our spaces if we could and if we were ahead. Really seems to be a hardship condition, ha, wish I never heard about chemical imbalance and immigration, both can be nightmares.

Perhaps if you can find an ear in your senator or congressman, express your hardships, something can be done, or maybe contacting social services, but you may have your hands tied with that I-864 thing, if you have one. Not to give false alarms, but a possibility does exists your dad may hurt your baby, you just don't know. My ex scared the heck out of me when she got verbally violent with my kids, just took them by the hand and said we are going for a walk, after a couple of hours, she would clam down. Yeah I could of flattened her with one punch, was tempted, but wouldn't dare. She started hitting me with pots and pans, just let her go ahead and beat the ####### out of me, called the police, they saw how uncontrollable she was, and took her to the mental ward for treatment. But if I hit back, would have ended up in jail with no one to watch over my kids. This happened quite a few times. Now she is wondering why my kids don't even want to go and see her, but she is completely out of my life.

thats so messed up no wonder u understand my problem!!!!!!no i dont trust him with my baby or my 3 year old son and he doesnt go try to beat them down but has done harmful stuff like.. he gave my son a glass to go put in the kitch..a kid could call break the glass and hurt himself..he let him play with money in change and clearly pointed out his mouth and said ohh dont put this in ur mouth like this..so obviously the kid knows now how to do this since he showed him ..when my son wakes up hes like do u want ice cream i get so pissed off..he gives him candy at times which is not candy time he should eat food..in winter he used to ask my son to come in to the sink and watch him shave while letting him get wet head to toe with the water..he got a 103temp once i eneded up in the emergency..

only a retard would let a kid play with water while its freezing out and we r wearing socks and hats at home. and ur right about the part where everyone thinks hes the most wonderful and SMART minded person and he even gossips about us to people not to mention im scared hes gona go talk to my husband behind my back and it gives people something to think about like"ohh her dad said this why would any dad sell his daughter out with her stuff hes gota be in pain and a sad man who is ripping his heart to me" did i mention he admitted and has said im the biggest evil basratd anyones ever met..he cries to make his story seem real he can do anything and he has said to others that i will ruin my daughters marriage if i feel like it..so im in trouble and only GOD is watching over me..if ur own parent is out to get u ur in trouble in front of the world whos gona think ur the bad guy..anyways i wait every day and i hope i get the status granted so i can call my guy here and i can live in peace..did i mention my mom hates him my sis hates him..we all hate his guts..he at times goes around saying die die die to us cus the kitchen oven wasnt cleaned.. when people come over he talks like hes the smartest person,,,,all im gona say is have u watched the movie WHAT ABOUT BOB? if not u should.

anyway the point is he likes to messaround and cause trouble then laughs.... uffff!!! this might be so funny to some people but is heartbreaking for us cus hes messing with our life..how do u explain this to immigration? u cant!

they keep saying ur case is under regular processing months so u have to give us a call back if u dont get the IL within the normal processing months which is 7 months.so over all they r saying wait 7 months..why do they say this? in mid june it will be 7 months ..they dont explain why they r saying this but just repeat that ur case is in the normal 7 month period if u dont hear anything call us..did anyone hear about this or do u know whats the deal? they confuse me cus when i ask dont u go by the local office dates they say yes we do so which is it? it cant be two things at once its one or the other????? how is this?

flava,

I think the verbiage is just standard that USCIS customer service keep saying ... if it helps you better, you might want to keep checking every 2-3 weeks via phone on the 1800 #.... just my 2cents

flava,

I think the verbiage is just standard that USCIS customer service keep saying ... if it helps you better, you might want to keep checking every 2-3 weeks via phone on the 1800 #.... just my 2cents

yes ur right thats what i have been doing and i called them and they said u should talk to us the IO on the phone we have more info about ur case cuz no one can see my case#number except them. but thanks for ur advice i totally agree with u

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.