nunyab

Wondering what other sites he/she is on??

295 posts in this topic

I also have coffee brewing, who wants a cup?

yes plz u got sugar and cream? but notice im throwing my salad because im enjoying my spaghetti way to much.....and i dont care if anyone thru anything at me first or not :whistle:

:angry: SO THERE :angry:

:hehe::rofl:

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
I also have coffee brewing, who wants a cup?

yes plz u got sugar and cream? but notice im throwing my salad because im enjoying my spaghetti way to much.....and i dont care if anyone thru anything at me first or not :whistle:

:angry: SO THERE :angry:

:hehe::rofl:

:rofl:

shhhh i'm on a mission

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Filed: Timeline
Just curious....has anyone ever cheated on you?

It would be all wonderful if people here never had that doubt and could blindly trust their husband/wife. But sometimes baggage follows us. Throw in there the stress of a long distance relationship and fighting immigration and you have a recipe for heart aches, ocassional doubts, and worries. This process is hard on people. Give them a break for heaven sakes.

I was curious as well about this website. My husband and I together played with it with all of our email addresses. Don't just assume that if we respond that we are the ones that should be concerned because we both came out with nothing. The point is that not everyone is the same. A little bit of flexibility and understanding is a wonderful thing to develop.

I happen to know of a past member here that was so sure of her relationship, and chastised many of the other members when they needed support. It seems that she ended up the victim. No one is immune.

I for one hope to give support to those that need it. I waited to freaking long to be with my husband and I can tell you that there were good days and bad days. So what if we falter a little every now and then, we are only human. Lighten up.

My problem is that I have very few places I can safely talk about how I am feeling about one thing or another regarding my cross cultural relationship. I have had to delete all my personal info and not use my computer at home because I for one KNOW he would be incensed that I ask for advice from my Mena friends.

As far as this khengool nitwit, I have been treated much better by my MENA husband than the American I was with for years and years and by other people. The issue I have with him is that he seems to feel as if he can do whatever he likes in the web and talk with WHOMEVER but me, I am supposed to squelch my feelings and NOT TALK. Today he had said something to me very unkind and then told me "Don't tell your friend what I said to you,.. Keep things in the house." Frankly if it was not for AMAL and her giving me pretty awesome advice regarding chatting and other stuff, I would have lost it. I am NOT discounting my husband. I am saying that there are clear cultural differences and expectations regarding male and female behavior.

I have SPECTOR SOFT PRO installed in my computer and can check the activity on my computer, websites etc and he's looked at some sites that I am not in love with but he is NOT chatting with others and it has calmed me down. I have had to delete alot of MY PROGRAMS and webpages because of HIS JEALOUSY and thats why I dont have a profile here anymore because I cannot seem to safely talk about issues with him anywhere and frankly I need help from the MENA people.

I am not here to boast about my "perfect relationship" because it sure as hell is not but its not that horrible but we are surving and I am doing the best I can to work, take care of myself and be happy. Am I pissed off at some of his antics?

Absolutely yes.

Am I doing the best I can? Yes

Have I been restricted in my speech and expression.. Sadly.... yes.. I want to avoid the fights and the constant intrustion into MY LIFE AND PRIVACY. There is alot about his background and his family that I just did not understand when I met him. I am slowly getting alot of it but not without alot of sadness. I love him but I cry sometimes and feel sad

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Thank you! Slings egg back at khengool! :devil:

Doesn't slinging an egg back at someone necessitate them slinging one in the first place? last I checked, I didn't.

You most certainly did in the first place. But as we've learned it's not uncommon for mena males and females not to take responsibility for anything they did.

It would be all wonderful if people here never had that doubt and could blindly trust their husband/wife. But sometimes baggage follows us. Throw in there the stress of a long distance relationship and fighting immigration and you have a recipe for heart aches, ocassional doubts, and worries. This process is hard on people. Give them a break for heaven sakes.

I was curious as well about this website. My husband and I together played with it with all of our email addresses. Don't just assume that if we respond that we are the ones that should be concerned because we both came out with nothing. The point is that not everyone is the same. A little bit of flexibility and understanding is a wonderful thing to develop.

I happen to know of a past member here that was so sure of her relationship, and chastised many of the other members when they needed support. It seems that she ended up the victim. No one is immune.

I for one hope to give support to those that need it. I waited to freaking long to be with my husband and I can tell you that there were good days and bad days. So what if we falter a little every now and then, we are only human. Lighten up.

My problem is that I have very few places I can safely talk about how I am feeling about one thing or another regarding my cross cultural relationship. I have had to delete all my personal info and not use my computer at home because I for one KNOW he would be incensed that I ask for advice from my Mena friends.

As far as this khengool nitwit, I have been treated much better by my MENA husband than the American I was with for years and years and by other people. The issue I have with him is that he seems to feel as if he can do whatever he likes in the web and talk with WHOMEVER but me, I am supposed to squelch my feelings and NOT TALK. Today he had said something to me very unkind and then told me "Don't tell your friend what I said to you,.. Keep things in the house." Frankly if it was not for AMAL and her giving me pretty awesome advice regarding chatting and other stuff, I would have lost it. I am NOT discounting my husband. I am saying that there are clear cultural differences and expectations regarding male and female behavior.

I have SPECTOR SOFT PRO installed in my computer and can check the activity on my computer, websites etc and he's looked at some sites that I am not in love with but he is NOT chatting with others and it has calmed me down. I have had to delete alot of MY PROGRAMS and webpages because of HIS JEALOUSY and thats why I dont have a profile here anymore because I cannot seem to safely talk about issues with him anywhere and frankly I need help from the MENA people.

I am not here to boast about my "perfect relationship" because it sure as hell is not but its not that horrible but we are surving and I am doing the best I can to work, take care of myself and be happy. Am I pissed off at some of his antics?

Absolutely yes.

Have I been restricted in my speech and expression.. Sadly.... yes.. I want to avoid the fights and the constant intrustion into MY LIFE AND PRIVACY. There is alot about his background and his family that I just did not understand when I met him. I am slowly getting alot of it but not without alot of sadness. I love him but I cry sometimes and feel sad

Is this the current relationship or the past one with the Palestinian?

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Thank you! Slings egg back at khengool! :devil:

Doesn't slinging an egg back at someone necessitate them slinging one in the first place? last I checked, I didn't.

You most certainly did in the first place. But as we've learned it's not uncommon for mena males and females not to take responsibility for anything they did.

Absolutely yes.

Is this the current relationship or the past one with the Palestinian?

No. Its my current. I actually had him trying to control my access to my home computer, control what I posted and in the meanwhile doing whatever he wanted. Its been disheartening and its making me depressed. The guy that I was with from pali was too busy cheating on me and hitting me to spend anytime on line. This guy is not bad to me, but he doesnt seem to want me online at all, on message boards and wants to read everything I write and do and not do and emails and its really just making me overwhelmed and sad

Timeline

Well honey just give it right back to him that you're not going to live like that! Stand up for yourself and say, "This is my house, I am an American, things are different here, I get to do and say what I want pretty much and I'm not going to have my freedoms impeded on, I'm going to share my life with you and that doesn't mean you get control what I do or what I say because I can't live like that."

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Regarding the statement of not telling your friends about the intimate details of your relationship, fights, etc. Thats not an uncommon outlook on marriage in MENA. It's the first piece of advice that was given to me by many, including the priest who married us. What happens at home ,stays at home.

VJ Hours - I am available M-F from 10am - 5pm PST. I will occasionaly put in some OT for a fairly good poo slinging thread or a donut.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I wish I had some wise words for on this. My husband initially tried to tell me the same thing. I asked him to explain to me what Islam had to say on it, not his culture. After much research it turns out that I am not suppose to chat with men, with the exception of relatives. BUT he is not suppose to be chatting online with women. So once he read that (from a Islam website that he respects) he realized that he is not allowed either, and stopped. Of course there have been exceptions. I talk to mutual friends that are male and he talks to mutual friends that are female.

So basically what I am saying is that my husband was able to see past the culture and to the religion, and based on this he made the right choice. I don't know if you would have the same luck with your husband because he sounds exceptionally jealous.

Why is he so jealous anyway? Has someone cheated on him before? I have to admit it, but if the answer to that is no then I would seriously wonder what his intentions are online.

Whatever happens I hope you and him can work it out enough to make you both happy.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: Country: Iran
Timeline
Well honey just give it right back to him that you're not going to live like that! Stand up for yourself and say, "This is my house, I am an American, things are different here, I get to do and say what I want pretty much and I'm not going to have my freedoms impeded on, I'm going to share my life with you and that doesn't mean you get control what I do or what I say because I can't live like that."

I see, me observing that some people were looking for trouble when there wasn't any was egg slinging.

Why am I not surprised by your comment about MENA people and your attitude?

I'll let you think about that one yourself.

I was born, raised, educated, and continue to live in the U.S. My household was more American and Christian influenced than Iranian and Muslim influenced because my parents moved here as teenagers. If anything, my behavior is more indicative of my American upbringing than my Iranian heritage. Imagine that. I'm just as American as you are, sister, but without the arrogance.

Timeline
I see, me observing that some people were looking for trouble when there wasn't any was egg slinging.

I was born, raised, educated, and continue to live in the U.S. My household was more American and Christian influenced than Iranian and Muslim influenced because my parents moved here as teenagers. If anything, my behavior is more indicative of my American upbringing than my Iranian heritage. Imagine that. I'm just as American as you are, sister, but without the arrogance.

Oh I think I :wub: u!

Not! :diablo:

You said we could flame all we wanted and now you're taking it back! :protest: (this is the teasing nice side of me)

(This is the not so nice bone to pick)

U don't know me to judge me or anyone else oh here for that matter. You don't know our stories to be able to get a quick perception of us. Generalizing in the first place that it's lame MENA "women" drivel thread as an introduction to us, and then turnning it to look like we don't trust out SO's so they won't trust us makes a negative impression on me "in general."

(Then the other side of the coin is)

You don't have to respond or say anything to me or anyone you don't like on this board. The ignore feature works well. :thumbs:

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
:crying: i guess we won't see much more of wahrania now :angry:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline
:crying: i guess we won't see much more of wahrania now :angry:

:cry: She's lost to the cradle of (L) . Her Husband is there and her baby is on the way. I'm gonna miss here so much if she goes completely!!! :( Wahraina (Hanging in There) would you please do the slow withdrawl when breaking all our hearts leaving us. (F)

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

About the controling thing... I agree if he is indeed guided at all in Islamic practices it is wise to do what was stated before. It is a normal thing to keep family business to the family and not others. My husband would not like me talking to other men as I wouldn't like him talking to women (outside of the necessary of corse) I believe it's a respect thing as wel.. But I can't help anymore than to offer a shoulder anytime you want and feel free to PM me. Sometimes the best therapy is just knowing you have someone out there... and it sounds like you have plenty of us so don't feel you're alone in it all.

First , you are very arrogant yourself. Second, stop insulting the people of this country and our personalities. I have met tons of Iranians here and they suffer from many of the same things Americans that are native to this country suffer from. Materialism, greed, cultural differences between parents and kids etc.

Sunni Islam and its practicioners practice a very very different islam from Shia ( Iranians) Your religion allows muta, marriage for one hour or one day or one week. The culture can be very different from some of our mena husbands( Iranian culture) I will tell you right now, You being being Iranian doesn't mean a damn thing to me as far as credibility or me listening to you or you telling me "how mena culture is or isnt" You are not even from the same ethnicity or religion or lifestyle as my husband . How you could come on here proclaiming any kind of expertise in MENA or arabs is beyond me because Farsi has no relationship with arabic and sunni islam has ABSOLUTELY no similarity with Shia in lifestyle, marriage or practice. If someone in Iran wants to marry, they can marry for 2 weeks and its completely ok.

Sunnis are alot more restricted in their lifestyle. If I was married to someone who could marry a hooker 3 blocks away, not tell me about it and then divorce her and then get another and then marry again and again all LEGALLY IN shia islam, I sure wouldnt worry about infidelity.

( this is ABSOLUTELY NOT A DIG TO THE SISTERS MARRIED TO IRANIANS HERE>.. Its to make a point to this nitwit. You dont see any of the women married to Iranians trying to tell me about the lifestyle or culture of my husband because they know there are huge differences..... Iranian men can muta and legally and easily. Sunni men are bound by a heck of alot of laws that makes swapping out chicks pretty easy and legally.

I just find you to be on here to show everyone YOUR ARROGANCE,,, not to provide support and care for the rest of us..

And frankly I need it from my friends here..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.