nunyab

Wondering what other sites he/she is on??

295 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Iran
Timeline

I understand the whole "you don't choose who you fall in love with" idea, but please tell me why you would even think of getting married to someone if you thought from the beginning that they were a scam artist or cheating or a perv. didn't you do your research BEFORE you selected this person as your soulmate?

once you've committed to be engaged/married, your trust in your spouse should be unwavering. If you don't believe that, then you probably didn't do your due diligence. deciding to live with and love someone for the rest of your life should not be taken lightly. it's not a fun little game.

a lot of the stuff that i see on here that people say about their spouses is appalling and could be prevented if people took a little more care in their spousal selection.

Here's a hint, kids: Yahoo chat rooms filled with MENA men and women are no different than AOL chat rooms filled with Yankees. 9 times out of 10 the person on the other end is misrepresenting himself. How arrogant to think that people from other parts of the world wouldn't be "smart" enough to do the same!

Flame all you want. I would venture to guess that those who yell the loudest are the ones who this post applies to the most.

I realize that categorizing people is wrong, so let me revise my last post.

"Repeatedly digging up reasons NOT to trust your mate is grounds for him not to trust you."

Is that better?

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Just curious....has anyone ever cheated on you?

It would be all wonderful if people here never had that doubt and could blindly trust their husband/wife. But sometimes baggage follows us. Throw in there the stress of a long distance relationship and fighting immigration and you have a recipe for heart aches, ocassional doubts, and worries. This process is hard on people. Give them a break for heaven sakes.

I was curious as well about this website. My husband and I together played with it with all of our email addresses. Don't just assume that if we respond that we are the ones that should be concerned because we both came out with nothing. The point is that not everyone is the same. A little bit of flexibility and understanding is a wonderful thing to develop.

I happen to know of a past member here that was so sure of her relationship, and chastised many of the other members when they needed support. It seems that she ended up the victim. No one is immune.

I for one hope to give support to those that need it. I waited to freaking long to be with my husband and I can tell you that there were good days and bad days. So what if we falter a little every now and then, we are only human. Lighten up.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
I understand the whole "you don't choose who you fall in love with" idea, but please tell me why you would even think of getting married to someone if you thought from the beginning that they were a scam artist or cheating or a perv. didn't you do your research BEFORE you selected this person as your soulmate?

once you've committed to be engaged/married, your trust in your spouse should be unwavering. If you don't believe that, then you probably didn't do your due diligence. deciding to live with and love someone for the rest of your life should not be taken lightly. it's not a fun little game.

a lot of the stuff that i see on here that people say about their spouses is appalling and could be prevented if people took a little more care in their spousal selection.

Here's a hint, kids: Yahoo chat rooms filled with MENA men and women are no different than AOL chat rooms filled with Yankees. 9 times out of 10 the person on the other end is misrepresenting himself. How arrogant to think that people from other parts of the world wouldn't be "smart" enough to do the same!

Flame all you want. I would venture to guess that those who yell the loudest are the ones who this post applies to the most.

"Repeatedly digging up reasons NOT to trust your mate is grounds for him not to trust you."

Is that better?

I think I understand what you're getting at, though it's coming across a bit harsh.

Earlier, I said:

If couples meet through these sorts of networking sites is it really that surprising that one's SO frequented other networking sites and chatted with other people? I guess maybe I don't understand how "bad" the info obtained through this really is.

If you understand the way that you met and have come to trust your SO in spite of that, then what further information could be cause for alarm? Certainly actively seeking out incriminating info is not a good sign.

However, everything in here was rather vague so I really don't know what was discovered. Don't you think everyone lets curiosity get the best of them now and then?

P.S. What are AOL chat rooms full of Yankees? :unsure:

Filed: Country: Iran
Timeline

It would be all wonderful if people here never had that doubt and could blindly trust their husband/wife. But sometimes baggage follows us.

i appreciate what you're saying in your post, but the bolded statement is exactly what I'm getting at. Unless your spouse has given you a reason to check up on him/her with sites like rapleaf, digging up dirt without probable cause is a telltale sign of an issue with the researcher, NOT the researched!

Timeline

It would be all wonderful if people here never had that doubt and could blindly trust their husband/wife. But sometimes baggage follows us.

i appreciate what you're saying in your post, but the bolded statement is exactly what I'm getting at. Unless your spouse has given you a reason to check up on him/her with sites like rapleaf, digging up dirt without probable cause is a telltale sign of an issue with the researcher, NOT the researched!

As I understand what you are saying. Sometimes people have bad experiences. Does that mean that they are banned forever from having a chance at a good one? I think this is left between the couple, not for us to judge. My husband and I have both been cheated on in previous relationships, so luckily if either of us falters a little with the trust issue we understand each other. And now we are stronger than we have ever been. The key that we all need to remember is communication communication, communication. It has to come from both sides to be effective. And I can tell you from first hand experience if you can handle this process you have a good strong relationship.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Is that better?

nope i dont think that is any better way of putting it at all.........the world is what it is........since we have chosen to find our life partner thru the net.....there is always the chance that there is something more than we know going on.........after all everything out there is public information........sure could have been found another way by joining all those sites on our own and looking thru every single profile..........i did not expect to find anything other than i already know about perviz and thanks of God i didnt but if i had found something then it would have given us a chance to get it sorted out before his arrival........would i be upset if he investigated me the same way? nope not at all.....in fact he would be a fool if he just took my word for it.........there are far better people than i am that have been tricked.....lied to and used to get a green card.....it is our responsibility to ensure as best we can that the choice we have made with our hearts is also the choice they have made with thiers.......with the net being used for this purpose of finding ur life partner it invites people into ur life that would not normally make it thru ur natural defense system that most people have.......if u urself feel that it should not be used then by all means dont use it but dont set in judgment of those that make the choice to use what is available to us to try to ensure our mental and physical safety.....

Timeline
:pop:

Pass that popcorn Charles. When Wharania gets in here its gonna be interesting.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

when she does i'll get out the umbrella to keep the blood splatters off the :pop:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

when she does i'll get out the umbrella to keep the blood splatters off the :pop:

:huh: that bad?

there's worse ones to get crossways with around here.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.