Ban Hammer

The Say Anything Thread - take 4

5,000 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
Booty what do you plan to study?

I'm going to study Accouting. I'm a little scared though. I've been out of school for a very long time. It might take my brain some getting use to. :lol:

You'll do fine. I wanted to be an Accountant too once upon a time! Did well in the coursework but then decided on Comp Sci instead....

I've always been into math but I know accounting isn't just math. I hope I like it.

Booty what do you plan to study?

I'm going to study Accouting. I'm a little scared though. I've been out of school for a very long time. It might take my brain some getting use to. :lol:

be sure to study the spelling of it :P

Oh shut up Charles! :lol:

Just couldn't stay my @ss away!

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

in high School I took a couple of accounting classes and really liked it and was considering going into Accounting.. but then I foudn out how much school you need like 6 or 7 years and the fact that I totally bombed Math 12 which was a requirement... were the deciding factors that I didn't want to go into the accounting field...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

in high School I took a couple of accounting classes and really liked it and was considering going into Accounting.. but then I foudn out how much school you need like 6 or 7 years and the fact that I totally bombed Math 12 which was a requirement... were the deciding factors that I didn't want to go into the accounting field...

Really? I'm going for an associates degree which is only 2 years. Of course, since I'll be going part time it'll probably take me 6 years. :lol: I got my last associates degree in 4 years so hopefully I can do the same or better with this one.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Really? I'm going for an associates degree which is only 2 years. Of course, since I'll be going part time it'll probably take me 6 years. :lol: I got my last associates degree in 4 years so hopefully I can do the same or better with this one.

that is what I heard... to become an accountant took 6 or 7 years.. maybe it is different in Canada though

mvSuprise-hug.gif

You need a lot of education to be a CPA. Most accounting professionals do not, however, bother with the CPA. A 2 yr associate degree suffices for most entry level accounting work.

The CPA's make killer money though.

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

cpa is the way to go in the field of accounting..opens up allot of doors

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

if I could afford going back to college for a marketing degree, since my brazilian college degree is worthless.

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

You need a lot of education to be a CPA. Most accounting professionals do not, however, bother with the CPA. A 2 yr associate degree suffices for most entry level accounting work.

The CPA's make killer money though.

Yeah, I'm just going to start out with the associates degree and see how I like it. Then I'll see about being a CPA. I'm really thinking more along the lines of banking though. So I don't really need to be a CPA for that. I'll really decide more what I want to do once I get into the courses. I may decide I'm completely stupid and can't do accounting. :lol:

Timeline

not recognized.

not recognized.

i would consider if I could go to college here on base, but i don't know if thats possible

* K1 Timeline *

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *

* LOC Timeline *

Complete Timeline

not recognized.

Maybe not as a bachelors degree but how about the coursework?

My wife had a BA from India which wasn't recognized here either, not as a degree. But a lot of her coursework was transferable as credits. She did that, took additional US credits and got her BA degree. Now she is working on her masters with that BA degree (which is Indian credits + US credits).

Just a thought. It's probably not "worthless". Have you had it evaluated by ECE?

eta: I should add my wife finished her BA in Canada, which while being a foreign country works very similarly. And I have friends who have done that in the US with Indian credits so I know it is done. But you have to shop your foreign courses around, not all colleges will transfer equally...

Edited by VJ Troll

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Timeline

no i havent done that.

* K1 Timeline *

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *

* LOC Timeline *

Complete Timeline