dphyled

Where to turn to next?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Ok... i don't know what to do. I've been stuck at the same place in the process for a while now. Please, any help would be greatly appreciated.

The I-130 for my wife's CR-1 was approved at CSC back in mid-March, however they weren't going to forward it to NVC because they believed that my wife was in the country (at the time that we filled out the forms, she was here on a 90-day visa-waiver program visitor status so we could get married--so that's what we had said on the "is the beneficiary currently in the US" question along with listing the expiration date of her 90-days, but we had also designated that she was going to apply from Osaka). They said she should apply for AOS since she was here, or if we decided to apply from outside the country, then we should file an I-824... However, she has been in Japan waiting since last December, and I found out that the I-824 can take a really long time to go through (they are currently working on ones from October, i was told). So, we really don't want to go through that long wait, just so that they can finally forward our case to the NVC...

After receiving this notice back in March, i went through a long series of adventures on the USCIS phone line with all the different people telling me different things, none of which worked out. Finally, i signed up for an info pass appointment. The lady there confirmed that it is not my fault, USCIS messed up and the case should have been forwarded to NVC right when it was approved because we indicated that we wanted it to be processed in OSAKA, Japan.. So, she told me i should send a letter with a copy of our I-130 and the approval notice to CSC. I did this as soon as the info pass appointment was finished (on May 5)... Then later, I received an envelope with everything i sent, along with a generic letter from USCIS saying that they have their web-service available for checking case status, or that i can call USCIS with any questions (and gave me the same useless phone number again...). This was postmarked May 12, but then on May 15th, we received a "touch" according to the website... Now it's been about 2 weeks since then. No real response from USCIS, except that i can call the hotline again (but it's been nothing but headaches and misinformation/lies every time i call them)... no updates. We've already lost over 2 months with our case stuck at USCIS when it should've been forwarded to NVC. I don't want to waste any more time.. What can i do??? Any suggestions?

Thank you very much!

Kel

Filed: Timeline

Out of interest, have you called the NVC just to check if your case may have been forwarded?

Another touch on your case may mean they might have got their act together at last and forwarded you .... a touch after approval normally means your case is being closed at USCIS in preparation for forwarding to NVC

It's just a thought .... they may be able to help and advise you.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
Out of interest, have you called the NVC just to check if your case may have been forwarded?

Another touch on your case may mean they might have got their act together at last and forwarded you .... a touch after approval normally means your case is being closed at USCIS in preparation for forwarding to NVC

It's just a thought .... they may be able to help and advise you.

Thank you for the response! Yes, i have tried calling a few times, but it's still just "we have no record of your case" or whatever that message is... But yeah, right now, i am just hoping hoping hoping that that's what the last touch meant. Hopefully they actually read my letter and are busy passing my case along to NVC.

If that's not what it meant though... if my approved case is really still just dead in the water at USCIS, i dunno what to do. If I still haven't heard back or gotten any updates within the next two weeks or so, the only two choices that i can think of right now are (1) try writing to my congressman (as i've read of people doing before), or (2) quit my job and move to japan for a while... wait the six months, then try doing DCF. It's kind of an extreme fix, but i don't want to wait an extra half a year for an I-824 to process, just so that we can continue waiting the extra 2-3 (4?) months for NVC processing, then finally interview and everything..

Anyway, thanks again for the response! If anyone else has other ideas, aside from my two choices...

Thank you!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Wow...after waiting all that time for an approval and it comes down to that. All I can say is I'm sorry. I would call USCIS and try to find out if they have forwarded it to NVC. Then I would try the congressman option.

"Haters are confused admirers, they can’t be or figure you out so negativity comes out [their] mouth.”

-Chad Ochocinco "85" - WR Cincinnati Bengals

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.