polskiya

ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS? AMNESTY? SORRY, WAIT IN LINE

150 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I was just about to post that Glen Beck article. I rarely agree with this guy...he's quite far right in many ways, but at least he can back up what he says unlike Rush Limbaugh. Anyways, I think he is completely right on the mark and I think there are Americans...especially with the recession going on...who are willing to work these jobs. But corporations in this country will do anything to get around unionized labor (or in many cases get around giving benefits) and it is much easier to exploit a vulnerable group of people.

I find it quite sad that there is so much nativism going on right now. When my family came over from Ireland in the 1800's they undoubtedly encountered the same attitude....and now the children of those immigrants are turning around and doing the same thing to the latino immigrants.

wtf-picard.jpg

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
I was just about to post that Glen Beck article. I rarely agree with this guy...he's quite far right in many ways, but at least he can back up what he says unlike Rush Limbaugh. Anyways, I think he is completely right on the mark and I think there are Americans...especially with the recession going on...who are willing to work these jobs. But corporations in this country will do anything to get around unionized labor (or in many cases get around giving benefits) and it is much easier to exploit a vulnerable group of people.

I find it quite sad that there is so much nativism going on right now. When my family came over from Ireland in the 1800's they undoubtedly encountered the same attitude....and now the children of those immigrants are turning around and doing the same thing to the latino immigrants.

an article posted before in vj about worker visas and the fiasco that goes on with them:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=128753

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
You keep bringing up irrelevant questions that are off the mark Charles.

And I will answer my opinion here as well-

Its not about punitively invading as if we were the saviors. Its modification of our business practices so that those that act above the electoral system do not continue to perpetuate their power base so as to act impune to the democratic sentiment of their constituencies.

You are the only one claiming its a 'blame game.' That is fuzzy, escapist logic.

It should be more about focusing on changing the way we encourage local economic structures to dominate local markets. Creating inequalities abroad that create secondary immigration problems for some people in the USA.

you're the one making the blame game: "NAFTA, maquiladoras with US shareholders, wealthy oligarchs" instead of placing it on the shoulders of where it belongs.

No, that's called assuming responsibility for actions carried out under our flag's symbol for benefit of our companies.

You, otoh, are doing it just to be naughty. :P

Wishing you ten-fold that which you wish upon all others.

Timeline

Its not about punitively invading as if we were the saviors. Its modification of our business practices so that those that act above the electoral system do not continue to perpetuate their power base so as to act impune to the democratic sentiment of their constituencies.

You are the only one claiming its a 'blame game.' That is fuzzy, escapist logic.

It should be more about focusing on changing the way we encourage local economic structures to dominate local markets. Creating inequalities abroad that create secondary immigration problems for some people in the USA.

you're the one making the blame game: "NAFTA, maquiladoras with US shareholders, wealthy oligarchs" instead of placing it on the shoulders of where it belongs.

No, that's called assuming responsibility for actions carried out under our flag's symbol for benefit of our companies.

not really. i see the main problem in this country as being corporations and pandering politicians. we start with the politicians, voting in those who understand that illegal immigration is a problem and that one major solution to it is draconian fines for companies that knowingly hire them. a fence is just part of it, yes, but our first place to start is at the ballot box.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Timeline

not really. i see the main problem in this country as being corporations and pandering politicians. we start with the politicians, voting in those who understand that illegal immigration is a problem and that one major solution to it is draconian fines for companies that knowingly hire them. a fence is just part of it, yes, but our first place to start is at the ballot box.

I agree.

Where we disagree is in the scope of the problem. One part is taking care of business here on the symptomatic side... but you'll never rid yourself of the problem until you root out the cause.

Timeline

I agree.

Where we disagree is in the scope of the problem. One part is taking care of business here on the symptomatic side... but you'll never rid yourself of the problem until you root out the cause.

yet i disagree with getting involved with mexico's politics. that has in the past, with other countries, usually led to disaster. i'm certain that president fox will see this coming and set plans into motion to change things once the remittances to mexico dry up.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Timeline

I agree.

yet i disagree with getting involved with mexico's politics. that has in the past, with other countries, usually led to disaster. i'm certain that president fox will see this coming and set plans into motion to change things once the remittances to mexico dry up.

Sure... you mention remittance of funds from illegals here to family back home. And I am talking about going deeper than that: remittance of money from there to corporate coffers here.

End result is similar: more ways will be sought by individuals and organizations interested in seeking funds they can't secure at home. Officially, Mexico's govmnt is more interested in the human factor behind the flow of immigration, not the financial aspect benefiting individuals. However, these government cronies are precisely part of the problem that benefit from our business practices, and hence maintain a system that is lopsided against the poor...

... that in consequence, go where they have to to survive.

Its quite sequential.

The "interference" need not be punitive nor political in the sense you are thinking of as in the past. We have done so in the past primarily to benefit in an unequal fashion. Hence disastrous results! Push a population long enough and see what happens.

Edited by maviwaro

Timeline

I agree.

Sure... you mention remittance of funds from illegals here to family back home. And I am talking about going deeper than that: remittance of money from there to corporate coffers here.

End result is similar: more ways will be sought by individuals and organizations interested in seeking funds they can't secure at home. Officially, Mexico's govmnt is more interested in the human factor behind the flow of immigration, not the financial aspect benefiting individuals. However, these government cronies are precisely part of the problem that benefit from our business practices, and hence maintain a system that is lopsided against the poor...

Its quite sequential.

The "interference" need not be punitive nor political in the sense you are thinking of as in the past. We have done so in the past primarily to benefit in an unequal fashion. Hence disastrous results! Push a population long enough and see what happens.

don't bet on that about mexico not being interested in the remittances. it's like their 3rd largest flow of cash.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Timeline

I agree.

Its quite sequential.

don't bet on that about mexico not being interested in the remittances. it's like their 3rd largest flow of cash.

Sure at the individual level. My logic creates a much larger cash flow from within their own economy. And can coincidentally create larger business opportunities for our own companies in the long term as long as CEOs can live with making a smaller percentage of profit than they'd greedily take. But hey... its all an investment right? ;)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

:secret: Vincente Fox is no longer the president of Mexico. He was succeeded by President Felipe Calderón a year and a half ago.

Scott - So. California, Lai - Hong Kong

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fagm.gif3dflagsdotcom_chchk_2fagm.gif

Our timeline:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showuser=1032

Our Photos

http://www.amazon.ofoto.com/I.jsp?c=7mj8fg...=0&y=x7fhak

http://www.amazon.ofoto.com/BrowsePhotos.j...z8zadq&Ux=1

Optimist: "The glass is half full."

Pessimist: "The glass is half empty."

Scott: "I didn't order this!!!"

"Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God." - Ruth 1:16

"Losing faith in Humanity, one person at a time."

"Do not put your trust in princes, in mortal men, who cannot save." - Ps 146:3

cool.gif

IMG_6283c.jpg

Vicky >^..^< She came, she loved, and was loved. 1989-07/07/2007

Timeline

:secret: Vincente Fox is no longer the president of Mexico. He was succeeded by President Felipe Calderón a year and a half ago.

That is correct... how time flies.

And Mr. Calderón is a prime example of the social class that benefits from an unfair ballgame. Savy politicos are fortunately able to go with the national flow if the nation is able to see beyond the apathy ruling classes tend to breed in Latin America.

Wow... the US being able to actually lead and strengthen the Hemisphere... how novel!

m_0ea96fe9e2ff9cb963b9ca437ea728d7.jpg

Makes you wonder how are the legal Mexicans are spending the rebate checks? Are they help to boost our economy hell no they are sending the rebate checks back home to there illegal families waiting to come over lol.

Citizenship

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

CIS Office : San Francisco CA

Date Filed : 2008-06-11

NOA Date : 2008-06-18

Bio. Appt. : 2008-07-08

Citizenship Interview

USCIS San Francisco Field Office

Wednesday, September 10,2008

Time 2:35PM

Timeline
m_0ea96fe9e2ff9cb963b9ca437ea728d7.jpg

Makes you wonder how are the legal Mexicans are spending the rebate checks? Are they help to boost our economy hell no they are sending the rebate checks back home to there illegal families waiting to come over lol.

Is that any different in how other legal aliens are using their rebate checks to pay down debt?

But hey, a rebate is a rebate on tax revenue so its their money, Mexican or not. Deal with it.

Timeline

yeah yeah, one of them guys :P the names change but the politics remain the same.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Filed: Other Country: Wales
Timeline
There was a big thing here in LA, with all the illegal gang members who have been commiting crimes, that include murder. Its outragoeus. I think that in some parts of the country people don't have to think about illegal immigrants and the impact that they are having on the community. But in Los Angeles, the impact in phenomenal! Both positive and negative. But when the negative starts to invlove murders...its just disgusting! This is a HUGE battle in So. California and I can tell you people are getting pissed! There's so many "race" wars in the schools and then those lead to killings of innocent people. There was a teen who had a scholarship to go play ball for some college. He was murdered by an illegal teen gang member all for the color of his skin. It was soooo sad. And his mother was away serving in Iraq when it happened. I cannot tell you how many times something like this is in the news....multiple daily here in LA. I for LEGAL immigration and do not believe in amnesty for a criminal. Legally immigrate or YES, you are commiting a crime.

MARLITA,THANK YOU FOR NICE EMAIL....POLSKIYA