SeanAndNatalia

Newbie - questions about Kiev Embassy Intervew/Info Packet

72 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Scott,

I have a question for you. My petition was received at the NVC last Thursday, June 12th. I assume it will go out to Kiev today or tomorrow. Were you able to schedule an interview date in Kiev yet? Just curious as to how far out they are scheduling interviews?

Thanks

John

No, we have not scheduled an interview yet. :(

Our petition was delivered to the Embassy late on the 9th. I have been calling the Embassy every day (I somehow got someone to cough up a direct line to the visa consulate), and they still haven't entered it into the system. He told me it can take 10 business days before the petition could be in the system and they send out the Information Packet. I was hoping today was the day, but it's a public holiday, and they are closed! So hopefully tomorrow or Wednesday she will be able to schedule her interview. We will see...

But I spoke to a very nice fella by the name of Gerald (Gerald and Vinera), and they recently set up their interview for July 9th, which means the interviews are currently being scheduled about 30 days out. I'll post again when we get our interview date.

- Scott

Ирина и Скотт (Iryna and Scott)

Feb 25, 2008 - Sent K-1 petition to VSC

Feb 25, 2008 - Received NOA1

May 30, 2008 - Received NOA2! Woo-hoo!

Jul 18, 2008 - Interviewed in Kiev. Everything went well!

Jul 24, 2008 - Visa received. Yippee!

Jul 31, 2008 - Visited my girl, and we spent my birthday in Odessa!

Aug 05, 2008 - We both arrive in America. Hooray!

Oct 31, 2008 - Married!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK thanks.

I hope my petition left the NVC last Friday - I checked DHL and it appears that (unless I am missing something) that they mailed shipments on Friday the 6th and shipments on the 13th. So, I wonder if they are only shipping once a week.

Yes, I would appreciate it if you could let me know when you get an interview date, trying to plan time around work as I will go to Kiev to be with Ulyana for the Interview. Appears based on FWAGUY's comment that it will probably be around 4 weeks or so from this week.

John

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
OK thanks.

I hope my petition left the NVC last Friday - I checked DHL and it appears that (unless I am missing something) that they mailed shipments on Friday the 6th and shipments on the 13th. So, I wonder if they are only shipping once a week.

Yes, I would appreciate it if you could let me know when you get an interview date, trying to plan time around work as I will go to Kiev to be with Ulyana for the Interview. Appears based on FWAGUY's comment that it will probably be around 4 weeks or so from this week.

John

While the lead time for the interview appears to be fairly predictable, the transit time from NVC to the Embassy IS NOT very predicatable....

YMMV

Filed: Timeline
Masha and '1 happy guy' - thank you very much for the information and also the validation of what I do know.

-I really appreciate it.

Regarding the 'Police Report'

-We just talked about this yesterdady, and I just told her to talk to a local police office, and ask them where she should apply for the 'Police Report'.

-I am assuming they can tell her - but Masha, if you know where to go in Kherson, it would really help us out.

-'fwaguy' - we seem to have a lot in common, both in Twin Cities area, and both with ladies from Kherson.

(granted, if the age you have listed on your profile is right - we are just slightly different in our ages...)

-Do you think 'Mrs. fwaguy' would be interested in talking with my Natalia once she gets here?

Thanks much,

Sean (and Natalia)

READ Kev 1

• 3. POLICE CERTIFICATES:

Applicants aged 16 years and older must submit a police certificate from the country of nationality and the country of residence at the time of visa application, if the applicant has resided there for six months or more. (For example, an 18 year old Russian citizen residing in Ukraine must present a police certificate both from Russia and Ukraine).

Police certificates are also required from all other countries where the immigrant visa applicant has resided for one year or more after the age of 16 including the republics of the former USSR. Fiancée visa applicants must present a police certificate from all countries where they resided for 6 months or more after the age of 16.

A police certificate must also be obtained from the police authorities of any place where the applicant has been arrested for any reason, regardless of how long he or she lived there. Police certificates must cover the entire period of the applicant's residence in any area. A certificate issued by the police authorities where the applicant now resides must be of recent date when presented to the consular officer. The term "police certificate" as used in this paragraph means a certification by appropriate police authorities stating what their records show concerning each applicant, including all arrests, the reasons for the arrests, and the disposition of each case of which there is a record. In Ukraine the certificate IP-1 must be obtained in the oblast centers from the Departments of Information Technology at the Ministry of Internal Affairs. The police certificate is valid for ONE YEAR.

I guess this means if she lives in Kherson which is in Odessa Oblast(region) she must get her police report from Odessa

Masha and '1 happy guy' - thank you very much for the information and also the validation of what I do know.

-I really appreciate it.

-We just talked about this yesterdady, and I just told her to talk to a local police office, and ask them where she should apply for the 'Police Report'.

-I am assuming they can tell her - but Masha, if you know where to go in Kherson, it would really help us out.

-'fwaguy' - we seem to have a lot in common, both in Twin Cities area, and both with ladies from Kherson.

(granted, if the age you have listed on your profile is right - we are just slightly different in our ages...)

-Do you think 'Mrs. fwaguy' would be interested in talking with my Natalia once she gets here?

Thanks much,

Sean (and Natalia)

Here is the link (it's in Ukrainian only.) In the bottom of the page you'll find "ADDRESSES OF THE INFORMATION SERVICES... ("АДРЕСИ ИНФОРМЦИОННЫХ СЛУЖБ...."). Click on it and the list of regional offices will pop up. They have one in Kherson.

If it won't work - the phone number in Kherson is (0552)22 31 36.

http://dit.centrmia.gov.ua/pos.htm

Good luck :) !

masha

Masha, my fiancee is from a city in the Odessa reion called Belgorod -Dnestrovskiy

Do you have any idea where she must go to get her Police Report? I dont see it here http://dit.centrmia.gov.ua/deps/regions.htm

I

So, I plan to call them on Wednesday, to make sure they have entered it into their system! Once they confirm, I will have Iryna call them immediately to setup the earliest possible interview, as we also downloaded the info packet and have all our paperwork ready to go.

Cant I cal lthem myself to setup the interview?

Its easier if I charge my CC for the call $12, otherwise she has to go to the bank and pay it and get a PIN

Timeline
I

So, I plan to call them on Wednesday, to make sure they have entered it into their system! Once they confirm, I will have Iryna call them immediately to setup the earliest possible interview, as we also downloaded the info packet and have all our paperwork ready to go.

Cant I cal lthem myself to setup the interview?

Its easier if I charge my CC for the call $12, otherwise she has to go to the bank and pay it and get a PIN

It is 2 separate processes. When you phone the Call Center, follow the prompts to obtain a PIN code with a Credit Card. You will get an Operator who will take your CC info, and then they will tell you the PIN code. Give this PIN code to your girl, and she will use it when she calls to schedule her interview.

Oct 31, 2008 - Married!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

-I really appreciate it.

Thanks much,

Sean (and Natalia)

Here is the link (it's in Ukrainian only.) In the bottom of the page you'll find "ADDRESSES OF THE INFORMATION SERVICES... ("АДРЕСИ ИНФОРМЦИОННЫХ СЛУЖБ...."). Click on it and the list of regional offices will pop up. They have one in Kherson.

masha

Masha, my fiancee is from a city in the Odessa reion called Belgorod -Dnestrovskiy

Do you have any idea where she must go to get her Police Report? I dont see it here http://dit.centrmia.gov.ua/deps/regions.htm

Sean,

I guess you're right. Just let her call Odessa and make sure that is where Natalia will need to apply for a police certificate. I'm afraid she'll have to travel to Odessa because they require a national passport.

masha

AOS

04-16-2008: AOS package Sent to Chicago via Express Mail

05-13-2008: Biometrics

05-22-2008: AOS trasfered to CSC

06-13/17-2008: EAD Approved (2 CRIS email)

06-18/19-2008: AOS touch

06-20-2008: EAD Approval Notice Sent (email)

06-23-2008: EAD in mail

06-23-2008: Another EAD touch (9AM), EAD IN MAIL (1PM)

07-14-2008: I-485 Card Production Ordered

07-21-2008: Green Card in mail

Timeline

-I really appreciate it.

Thanks much,

Sean (and Natalia)

masha

Sean,

I guess you're right. Just let her call Odessa and make sure that is where Natalia will need to apply for a police certificate. I'm afraid she'll have to travel to Odessa because they require a national passport.

masha

hi Masha - That was user 'Muddy' (not me) asking about his fiancee in the 'Odessa Region called Belgorod - Dnestrovskiy'

-Natalia was able to order her police report in Kherson with no problem - she lives in Kherson.

(at least that is my understanding of what she told me - we do have communication problems quite often....)

thanks much,

Sean

K1

May 05, 2008 - Petition Sent to CSC

May 06, 2008 - Petition Received by CSC

May 09, 2008 - I received NOA1 in mail

Sep 17, 2008 - NOA2 approval via Email (4 months, 11 days)

Sep 24, 2008 - Petition arrived at NVC

Sep 29, 2008 - Letter from NVC stating they received Petition (3 more identical letters received on Sept 30, Oct 2 and Oct 3???)

Oct 06, 2008 - Petition finally forwarded from NVC to Embassy (2 stupid weeks at NVC!!!)

Oct 22, 2008 - Interview scheduled for November 7, 2008 (only 2 1/2 weeks out for interview !! - Sweet..)

Nov 07, 2008 - Interview - Approved!!! - no questions asked at all about relationship

Nov 14, 2008 - Visa Received

Nov 20, 2008 - I fly to Ukraine

Nov 23, 2008 - We both arrive in America via Minneapolos/St. Paul International Airport

- No Problem through customs/immigration

-we both got through quicker than when I was by myself, because we were the only ones

for this special line

Timeline
I guess this means if she lives in Kherson which is in Odessa Oblast(region) she must get her police report from Odessa

Kherson is NOT in Odessa Oblast.... A police report can be retrieved IN Kherson.... Have her go to the main police station near Ushakova Street.

YMMV

Timeline
Scott,

I have a question for you. My petition was received at the NVC last Thursday, June 12th. I assume it will go out to Kiev today or tomorrow. Were you able to schedule an interview date in Kiev yet? Just curious as to how far out they are scheduling interviews?

Thanks

John

Our petition was delivered to the Embassy late on the 9th. I have been calling the Embassy every day (I somehow got someone to cough up a direct line to the visa consulate), and they still haven't entered it into the system. He told me it can take 10 business days before the petition could be in the system and they send out the Information Packet. I was hoping today was the day, but it's a public holiday, and they are closed! So hopefully tomorrow or Wednesday she will be able to schedule her interview. We will see...

But I spoke to a very nice fella by the name of Gerald (Gerald and Vinera), and they recently set up their interview for July 9th, which means the interviews are currently being scheduled about 30 days out. I'll post again when we get our interview date.

- Scott

At 4 o'clock this morning (EDT), I was able to finally schedule her interview. She has it the morning of Friday, July 18th, so they are a full month out. It sucks that we have to wait yet another month, but at least now I know the dates, and I can begin preparing for my final trip to go get her. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel...

- Scott

Oct 31, 2008 - Married!

Timeline

-I really appreciate it.

Thanks much,

Sean (and Natalia)

masha

Sean,

masha

hi Masha - That was user 'Muddy' (not me) asking about his fiancee in the 'Odessa Region called Belgorod - Dnestrovskiy'

-Natalia was able to order her police report in Kherson with no problem - she lives in Kherson.

(at least that is my understanding of what she told me - we do have communication problems quite often....)

thanks much,

Sean

Oh sorry then :)

I'm glad that Natlia was able to get her police certificate. Good luck with the rest!

masha

AOS

Timeline
At 4 o'clock this morning (EDT), I was able to finally schedule her interview. She has it the morning of Friday, July 18th, so they are a full month out. It sucks that we have to wait yet another month, but at least now I know the dates, and I can begin preparing for my final trip to go get her. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel...

- Scott

Many people would "kill" for only a 4 week lead time for an interview.... :)

YMMV

Timeline
Scott,

Thanks

John

- Scott

- Scott

Scott,

Good that you've been able to schedule the interview! That's a bit of a long wait but summer is always a busiest season - with people trying to get tourist and student visas... Good luck for the intervew!

Masha

AOS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.