followmydreams

Waiting for Biometric notice

3 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I filed my case end of Apr, 2008, received NOA on 05/15. My service center is at Vermont. I am getting worried since it's been about 10 days and I still have not received Biometric notice.

I hope it does not get lost in the mail... :crying:

Is there any filers during Apr/ May who hasn't yet received the Biometric letter? Please share your timeline/experience. Most members here seem to get their appointments already just a few days after their NOAs.

I plan to call USCIS next week to find out but not sure if it is too early for my case??

Thank you all for helping out.

Just do it!

Timeline

N-400

04/27/2008: Mailing N-400 application

04/29/2008: Packet received and PD

05/07/2008: Check cashed

05/08/2008: Notice Date

05/15/2008: NOA (to be notified within 180 days for the interview)

09/02/2008: INFOPASS, IO helped set up a FP scheduled

09/17/2008: FP appointment

09/25/2008: NOA Notice for Interview appointment on 10/22/2008

10/22/2008: Interview date at 11.00 am

10/22/2008: Oath Ceremony 3.00 pm (total: 177 days)

.png

05/19/2007: Mailing I-751 application

05/31/2007: NOA

06/22/2007: Bio. Appt.

01/07/2008: Approved

01/12/2008: Received 10 Yrs. Green card

• 4 weeks later...

I had info pass last week to find out about my FP notice and appointment.

IO said there was no need to have one for my case as my previous FP from I751 was still valid. I had my FP on June 21 last year. I double checked with her serveral time as I never heard of this before. IO confirmed my FP was valid for 15 months.

I still really have a doubt..as everyone seems to get their FP done for N400 despite their previous valid FP.

Any suggestions to share..I am afraid if there is something else that I missed.

Thank you all for any answers

Followmydreams

Just do it!

Timeline

N-400

04/27/2008: Mailing N-400 application

04/29/2008: Packet received and PD

05/07/2008: Check cashed

05/08/2008: Notice Date

05/15/2008: NOA (to be notified within 180 days for the interview)

09/02/2008: INFOPASS, IO helped set up a FP scheduled

09/17/2008: FP appointment

09/25/2008: NOA Notice for Interview appointment on 10/22/2008

10/22/2008: Interview date at 11.00 am

10/22/2008: Oath Ceremony 3.00 pm (total: 177 days)

.png

05/19/2007: Mailing I-751 application

05/31/2007: NOA

06/22/2007: Bio. Appt.

01/07/2008: Approved

01/12/2008: Received 10 Yrs. Green card

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
I had info pass last week to find out about my FP notice and appointment.

IO said there was no need to have one for my case as my previous FP from I751 was still valid. I had my FP on June 21 last year. I double checked with her serveral time as I never heard of this before. IO confirmed my FP was valid for 15 months.

I still really have a doubt..as everyone seems to get their FP done for N400 despite their previous valid FP.

Any suggestions to share..I am afraid if there is something else that I missed.

Thank you all for any answers

Followmydreams

Wife liked the idea that we could send in our own passport photos for the N-400, got all dressed up and since photography is my hobby took a lot of shots so she could pick out her favorite. Using Corel 12, sized her pick to 2 by 2 inches, step and repeated to fit six photos on a 4 by 6, e-mailed that to Walgreens and when passing it by, picked it up for 19 cents and cut them precisely to charge. She hates her photos the USCIS took of her. But she didn't like that ruling about not wearing her favorite earrings.

With fingerprints, so far clocked 1,350 miles of driving, I did question the officer as to why, just said, he just works here and doesn't make the rules, ha, what happened to the first two sets? We were the only ones at the Milwaukee field office, so took all of five minutes, most of it was filling out that redundant form, but that 450 mile drive was tiresome and expensive with four buck a gallon gas. Plus she had to use up a very valuable vacation day to get off of work. She said she could drive down by herself, never wants to be a burden, said no way, with all the road construction and detours going on, you would get lost, ha, almost got lost myself.

With the posts on dual A files, USCIS must be keeping track of everything we already sent in, everything for the N-400 was already sent in, then they tell us to bring in all the originals. Did that before, but they never looked at them, even offered it, said not necessary, we trust you.

Would be nice if they told you, we don't need your third set of fingerprints, but that has not been our experience, so what kind of drive do you have?

A friend of my wife can't do it in a day, has to take a train to Chicago and spend the night in a very expensive hotel, no such thing as even a reasonable hotel in downtown Chicago, but she also was required to go there for her third set of fingerprints, plus losing two days pay. She is very close to St. Louis, but they send her to Chicago.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.