nunyab

Muslims

2,650 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Economic anxiety? Give charity and remain steadfast

On October 25, 2008, Imam Zaid was invited to speak at Muslim Alliance of North America (MANA) event in Santa Clara, California. Imam Zaid gave advice on how to conduct yourself during an economic crisis. He also reminded us about the importance of charity especially in difficult times. Advice was also dispensed in regards to remain steadfast in our worship and have complete trust in Allah.

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline
I like the shirt that said I broke my wudu!!!

I love the shirt that said - "Don't delay, call Allah today!" :lol:

LOL, that's cute.

Pandora and Hesam

K-3 Visa

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Montreal, Canada

Marriage : 2008-08-29 in Canada

I-130 Sent : 2008-10-14

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-10-20

I-130F NOA2 : 2009-05-04

I-129F Sent : 2008-11-25

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-11-28

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-05-04

NVC Received : 2009-05-12

Packet 3 Received : 2009-05-19

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-06-10

Interview: 2009-09-10 APPROVED

See my interview experience here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...=217544&hl=

Visa Received : 2009-09-16

US Entry : 2009-09-27

EAD received: 2009-12-21

AOS interview: 2010-02-05 (medical exam missing from documents)

Recieved RFE for missing medical exam that they lost. Submitted new exam March 10, 2010.

Notified that he is in background checks after submitting three service requests: July, 2010

Timeline
Economic anxiety? Give charity and remain steadfast

On October 25, 2008, Imam Zaid was invited to speak at Muslim Alliance of North America (MANA) event in Santa Clara, California. Imam Zaid gave advice on how to conduct yourself during an economic crisis. He also reminded us about the importance of charity especially in difficult times. Advice was also dispensed in regards to remain steadfast in our worship and have complete trust in Allah.

Good advice. It's hard to keep your faith during hard times, but that's really when you should use that time to bring yourself closer to your faith.

Pandora and Hesam

K-3 Visa

See my interview experience here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...=217544&hl=

Recieved RFE for missing medical exam that they lost. Submitted new exam March 10, 2010.

Notified that he is in background checks after submitting three service requests: July, 2010

Timeline

I recaptioned a recent lolcat from icanhascheezburger

128792944562989506.jpg

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline
you know what ladies...after going back a couple and reading you talk about the head dress. I see that alot of you have converted and wear them.

I myself dont want to covert or wear this. I find it strange that my husband doesnt require me to either.

I dont know... I feel to each his own thing and although I will embrace it, learn about it and respect others' ways about it I dont feel it is my thing.

I just have always taken bits and pieces of what I have learned and made it my own. Nothing for me is black and white.

I still cant believe that my husband is Muslim and I am not and well, I guess I dont feel like a Muslim wife, I mean sure I have learned and willing changed aspects of my life that needed it but I dont pray and dress the part.

Typically, a person who has done adequate research on Islam would not use the word "headdress"...but, allahu alim.

As for your husband, it seems you have some unfortunate (and inaccurate) conceptions about Muslim men. No husband can force his wife to convert or to cover. In Islam it is forbidden to force religion on a person. They have to be doing it for God, not for their husband or anyone else.

As far as not feeling like a Muslim wife - that's because you're not a Muslim wife. The women who choose to embrace Islam almost always do so because they want to, because they are totally convinced that Islam is the way...they don't do it because their husbands forced them to.

The reality is that a Muslim man who marries a non-Muslim (with no interest in converting) is usually (not always, of course) more of an ethnic Muslim than a practicing one. Usually men who are very committed to Islam want a wife who is too.

Also, it should not be assumed that all of the American Muslim women married to Muslim men converted after getting married. I, and many of my American friends, converted long before we even met our husbands.

Edited by Amina_KSA

Me: USC DH: Egyptian Citizen

Together we have a beautiful son, born on Christmas day 2007

Filing DCF (IR-1) from Riyadh, Saudi Arabia:

July 30, 2008 - Filed I-130 at Riyadh Embassy

August 3, 2008 - I-130 Approved

The embassy let us delay the interview so that my husband would have time to finish his work contract.

November 3, 2008 - Final Interview, APPROVED!!!

The embassy let us wait until late January to submit the passport for the visa so that DH could finish his work contract.

February 9, 2009 - VISA IN PASSPORT!!! (DH's birthdate wrong on visa, embassy keeps it for correction - gah!!!)

February 15, 2009 - CORRECTED VISA IN PASSPORT!!! WOOOHOOOOO!!!

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline

128792944562989506.jpg

That's awesome! :star:

I luvz it!!! :thumbs: I love the lolcats. You could also recaption it as - Hijabi Princezz Kitteh :whistle:

Timeline

128792944562989506.jpg

:lol:

128792944562989506.jpg

That's awesome! :star:

I luvz it!!! :thumbs: I love the lolcats. You could also recaption it as - Hijabi Princezz Kitteh :whistle:

Hijabi Princezz Kitteh is cute too. :-)

Pandora and Hesam

K-3 Visa

Timeline

Please make abundant dua for the mother of my husband’s best friend Yousry.

She is only living with the assistance of a machine, and it looks like her time is near. It is killing my husband that he cannot be there.

irhal.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Please make abundant dua for the mother of my husband’s best friend Yousry.

She is only living with the assistance of a machine, and it looks like her time is near. It is killing my husband that he cannot be there.

I will, I'm sorry he cant' be there with his friend.

Edited by Aymsgirl

Salam sisters...

I just arrived here on Thursday, was a longgggg travel, about 26 hours in total, but we are very happy to be reunited again and to resume our lives after the visa process.. no more visa worries for 2 years, Alhamdulillah...

2 days after I arrived, I got news that my grandfather has passed away... :crying: His cancer recurred and he was really in pain. We are really sad, but also relieved that he is now with God and not in pain anymore. Hope that you guys can also say a lil dua for him. (F)

Farha

.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Salam sisters...

I just arrived here on Thursday, was a longgggg travel, about 26 hours in total, but we are very happy to be reunited again and to resume our lives after the visa process.. no more visa worries for 2 years, Alhamdulillah...

2 days after I arrived, I got news that my grandfather has passed away... :crying: His cancer recurred and he was really in pain. We are really sad, but also relieved that he is now with God and not in pain anymore. Hope that you guys can also say a lil dua for him. (F)

Farha

I'm sorry about your loss. I also want to congratulate you on your arrive and reunion with your spouse. Welcome!

Timeline

inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi rajioon. To God we belong and to Him is our return.

O God, surely Farha's grandfather is under Your protection, and in the rope of Your security, so save him from the trial of the grave and from the punishment of the Fire. You fulfill promises and grant rights, so forgive him and have mercy on him. Surely You are Most Forgiving, Most Merciful.

irhal.jpg

Hi Tasha & Rahma,

Thanks for the welcome wish and dua, really appreciate it. :)

My cousin told me that my grandpa was smiling and light. We always believe that this is good (among my family at least), and hope that God will accept his ibadah and good deeds and place him among God's loved ones. I'm just really glad too that my grandpa met Ryan a couple of times and felt comfy with him even if they dont speak each others' language.. :) I'm stubborn and have a mind of my own, but family's blessings and understanding is very important to me. And syukran that I have both now. Altho, my mom is not so pleased that im so far away ;)

.png

you know what ladies...after going back a couple and reading you talk about the head dress. I see that alot of you have converted and wear them.

Are there any Christian women VJers who cover their hair?

I've been thinking about it myself.....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.