nunyab

Muslims

2,650 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
I just registered for Sundays course. :)

Yaay. inshaAllah we can chat before or after the course.

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Timeline
I just registered too. The title of the class alone is really intriguing, hehehe :whistle:

LOL, I noticed they changed the title to on the path of sacred knowledge or something. Guess the hell in the title was a little scary.

Rahma, we are going to be in Iowa City.. anyone from there? However, my MIL and her husband live in Duluth.. Is that near where u are at? Maybe when we go visit her we can meet up!

You'd probably be driving up 35 to get to Duluth, so you'd go right through the Twin Cities, were we're at. We could do lunch :thumbs: We only eat zabiha, so that limits the options, but I do know of indian/pakistani restaurants that has halal meat, and there's good middle eastern and afghan zabiha options available. Oh heck, if you're coming through the Twin Cities, you have to stop at the mecca of american consumerism, the Mall of America. No halal food there, but there's an indian/indo-chinese restaurant around there that I've been interested in trying.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

I just registered too. The title of the class alone is really intriguing, hehehe :whistle:

LOL, I noticed they changed the title to on the path of sacred knowledge or something. Guess the hell in the title was a little scary.

Rahma, we are going to be in Iowa City.. anyone from there? However, my MIL and her husband live in Duluth.. Is that near where u are at? Maybe when we go visit her we can meet up!

You'd probably be driving up 35 to get to Duluth, so you'd go right through the Twin Cities, were we're at. We could do lunch :thumbs: We only eat zabiha, so that limits the options, but I do know of indian/pakistani restaurants that has halal meat, and there's good middle eastern and afghan zabiha options available. Oh heck, if you're coming through the Twin Cities, you have to stop at the mecca of american consumerism, the Mall of America. No halal food there, but there's an indian/indo-chinese restaurant around there that I've been interested in trying.

U kidding me??? its A LOT scary!! LOL

Oooohhh.... me loike food and malls (its a malaysian past time!).. what's zabiha though? i am game for anything, but i know hubby not into lamb and seafood he eats mostly chicken and veges..

Edited by faryan
.png

Filed: Country: Indonesia
Timeline
Ive heard re Malaysians liking to flock together when they study/live abroad.. It is an issue actually, but i wont go there, lol. On some level it is understandable, but also quite silly if they spent years abroad and not having good friends who are local or mix around. But hmmm if they are having all these yummy get togethers, i might want to find me a local chapter myself! hahaha...

I am Indonesian and I heard same thing about Indonesians. A friend of family lived in California for years and could not hold simple conversation in English :D

The yummy get together - my friends who live in DC always goes to the embassy on Eid - for all those free yummy authentic Indonesian food.

I-130

Jun 28 2004 : Received at NSC

Oct 25 2004 : Transferred to CSC

Oct 29 2004 : Received at CSC

Nov 8 2004 : Received response from CSC that my file is being requested & review will be done

Nov 10 2004 : Email & online status Approved

Nov 15 2004 : NOA 2 in mail

Dec 16 2004 : NVC assigns case number

Dec 20 2004 : NVC sent DS 3032 to beneficiary, copy of DS 3032 & I-864 fee bill to petitioner

Jan 3 2005 : Petitioner received copy of DS 3032 and I-864 fee bill. Post-marked Dec 23rd.

Jan 11 2005 : Beneficiary received DS 3032 in Indonesia

Jan 31 2005 : Sent DS 3032 to NVC

Feb 8, 2005 : NVC received DS 3032

Feb 21, 2005 : IV fee generated

Feb 25, 2005 : Sent I-864 fee bill

Feb 28, 2005 : I-864 fee bill delivered to St Louis

Mar 3, 2005 : IV fee bill received

Mar 7, 2005 : Sent IV fee bill

Mar 9, 2005 : IV fee bill delivered to St Louis

Mar 28, 2005 : I-864 fee credited against case.

April 6, 2005 : Received I-864 package

April 7, 2005 : Immigrant Visa fee credited against case.

April 11, 2005 : DS 230 is generated

Aug 12, 2005 : I-864 & DS 230 received by NVC

Sep 14, 2005 : RFE on I-864

Nov 3, 2005 : Checklist response received at NVC

Nov 25, 2005 : Case completion

Dec 9, 2005 : Police Cert requested from the Netherlands

Jan 12 2006 : Interview success - Approved !!

Jan 19 2006 : Visa & brown envelope picked up

Ive heard re Malaysians liking to flock together when they study/live abroad.. It is an issue actually, but i wont go there, lol. On some level it is understandable, but also quite silly if they spent years abroad and not having good friends who are local or mix around. But hmmm if they are having all these yummy get togethers, i might want to find me a local chapter myself! hahaha...

I am Indonesian and I heard same thing about Indonesians. A friend of family lived in California for years and could not hold simple conversation in English :D

The yummy get together - my friends who live in DC always goes to the embassy on Eid - for all those free yummy authentic Indonesian food.

Hehehe, i think it might be the southeast asian way? they live together, they eat together and they partayy together. my cousin (who was my bridesmaid -or rather a malay version of one) is now working at our embassy in DC also seems to do a lot. her pics on facebook is allllll about eating and hanging out with malaysians. every week, at embassy and some people's house. looking at the pics only, u wont guess that its in the US at all coz everybody's malaysian in it!

Where are u at Tata?

.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I would have signed up for the course but i have my classes at the islamic center then!!!

07/21/11 filed AOS off tourist visa

07/28/11 USCIS cashed check

07/30/11 Recieved NOA1 and Biometrics letter

08/24/2011 Biometrics

08/25/2011 RFE sent to us for some info we've already sent in

08/30/2011 sent in the rest of info USCIS asked for

09/13/2011 went to congressman's office to sign papers for expedite of work permit, due to financial hardship

09/15/2011 Work permit expedite approved!! He can finally find a job!

09/24/2011 work permit arrives

09/26/2011 Apply for social security number!

09/30/2011 Letter is sent for interview

11/07/2011 INTERVIEW!!!

Its 2012 and still no approval! Still waiting

01/27/2012 Letter sent stating that file was sent on for more review :(

9iad5hjppr.png

I would have signed up for the course but i have my classes at the islamic center then!!!

What classes are u taking at the islamic center Terrie? do u feel comfy going there? do u go there with your husband?

.png

Timeline

Oooohhh.... me loike food and malls (its a malaysian past time!).. what's zabiha though? i am game for anything, but i know hubby not into lamb and seafood he eats mostly chicken and veges..

Zabiha is the arabic term for meat that's slaughtered islamically, ie with the bismillah, throat cut and all the blood drained out.

Here's the restaurant near the mall of america. There's lots of options on their menu, although I don't know how anyone wouldn't like lamb. I go to the middle eastern buffet specifically to eat a ton of lamb, lol.

irhal.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

What classes are u taking at the islamic center Terrie? do u feel comfy going there? do u go there with your husband?

I take classes for new muslims. I feel very comfortable going there. I get upset when i have to miss! My husband usually stays home unless we have errands to run in milwaukee. I feel better there than i did when i was goin to my lutheran church.

07/21/11 filed AOS off tourist visa

07/28/11 USCIS cashed check

07/30/11 Recieved NOA1 and Biometrics letter

08/24/2011 Biometrics

08/25/2011 RFE sent to us for some info we've already sent in

08/30/2011 sent in the rest of info USCIS asked for

09/13/2011 went to congressman's office to sign papers for expedite of work permit, due to financial hardship

09/15/2011 Work permit expedite approved!! He can finally find a job!

09/24/2011 work permit arrives

09/26/2011 Apply for social security number!

09/30/2011 Letter is sent for interview

11/07/2011 INTERVIEW!!!

Its 2012 and still no approval! Still waiting

01/27/2012 Letter sent stating that file was sent on for more review :(

9iad5hjppr.png

Filed: Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Hehehe, i think it might be the southeast asian way? they live together, they eat together and they partayy together. my cousin (who was my bridesmaid -or rather a malay version of one) is now working at our embassy in DC also seems to do a lot. her pics on facebook is allllll about eating and hanging out with malaysians. every week, at embassy and some people's house. looking at the pics only, u wont guess that its in the US at all coz everybody's malaysian in it!

Where are u at Tata?

South Bend, Indiana. We are around 2 hrs from Chicago. I haven't met any Indonesian where we live - I actually met a couple students while shopping at factory outlet. I have to make phone call to family friend who works for consulate in SF - if she got inside info on Open House in consulate in Chicago next Eid... :)

I-130

Jun 28 2004 : Received at NSC

Oct 25 2004 : Transferred to CSC

Oct 29 2004 : Received at CSC

Nov 8 2004 : Received response from CSC that my file is being requested & review will be done

Nov 10 2004 : Email & online status Approved

Nov 15 2004 : NOA 2 in mail

Dec 16 2004 : NVC assigns case number

Dec 20 2004 : NVC sent DS 3032 to beneficiary, copy of DS 3032 & I-864 fee bill to petitioner

Jan 3 2005 : Petitioner received copy of DS 3032 and I-864 fee bill. Post-marked Dec 23rd.

Jan 11 2005 : Beneficiary received DS 3032 in Indonesia

Jan 31 2005 : Sent DS 3032 to NVC

Feb 8, 2005 : NVC received DS 3032

Feb 21, 2005 : IV fee generated

Feb 25, 2005 : Sent I-864 fee bill

Feb 28, 2005 : I-864 fee bill delivered to St Louis

Mar 3, 2005 : IV fee bill received

Mar 7, 2005 : Sent IV fee bill

Mar 9, 2005 : IV fee bill delivered to St Louis

Mar 28, 2005 : I-864 fee credited against case.

April 6, 2005 : Received I-864 package

April 7, 2005 : Immigrant Visa fee credited against case.

April 11, 2005 : DS 230 is generated

Aug 12, 2005 : I-864 & DS 230 received by NVC

Sep 14, 2005 : RFE on I-864

Nov 3, 2005 : Checklist response received at NVC

Nov 25, 2005 : Case completion

Dec 9, 2005 : Police Cert requested from the Netherlands

Jan 12 2006 : Interview success - Approved !!

Jan 19 2006 : Visa & brown envelope picked up

Zabiha is the arabic term for meat that's slaughtered islamically, ie with the bismillah, throat cut and all the blood drained out.

Here's <a href="http://"http://www.thekabobs.com/Menu.aspx"" target="_blank">the restaurant</a> near the mall of america. There's lots of options on their menu, although I don't know how anyone wouldn't like lamb. I go to the middle eastern buffet specifically to eat a ton of lamb, lol.

Oh yeah? its call Zabiha? never know that. we just call them halal meat here, hehehehe... coz that to us simply means slaughtered islamically like you said. we eat zabiha too then, altho when traveling and there's no halal eatery around i just go to any restaurant and order seafood or vegetarian stuff. usually. hubby found out re halal meat market in the area, altho it was flooded out last year and they moved. so when i get there and do marketing will venture to find it :)

i know, i too LOVEEEEEE lamb!! hehehe.. and yes, am also guilty of piling on the lamb at buffets lalalala.... who knows, maybe i can yet convert hubby to liking it.. he must have not had the lamb he tried cooked nicely...

.png

I take classes for new muslims. I feel very comfortable going there. I get upset when i have to miss! My husband usually stays home unless we have errands to run in milwaukee. I feel better there than i did when i was goin to my lutheran church.

Im glad for you! :)

Where are u at Tata?

South Bend, Indiana. We are around 2 hrs from Chicago. I haven't met any Indonesian where we live - I actually met a couple students while shopping at factory outlet. I have to make phone call to family friend who works for consulate in SF - if she got inside info on Open House in consulate in Chicago next Eid... :)

Ahhh... very good idea! maybe me and hubby should visit my cousin in DC during that time for some ketupat and rendang... yummmm...

.png

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline

I would like to let you all know that last night on Jeopardy - one of my very favorite shows, a category was - "The Five Pillars of Islam." I am quite proud to say that due to my knowledge not only prior to coming to the MENA board, but also after hanging out here with you all that I answered every single question correctly. You all would have been so proud. :innocent::D

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
I would like to let you all know that last night on Jeopardy - one of my very favorite shows, a category was - "The Five Pillars of Islam." I am quite proud to say that due to my knowledge not only prior to coming to the MENA board, but also after hanging out here with you all that I answered every single question correctly. You all would have been so proud. :innocent::D

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs: Right on Staashi!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.