nunyab

Muslims

2,650 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
My husband is such a poop. I showed him this and he says no i don't like the material. He thinks i need to get everything from Morocco but we won't be going for a while. And to have someone ship something to us, it would be cheaper to just order it off line. I don't understand him. It makes me so angry.

Ah men, pooey :lol: I'm always whining about my weight, so my husband says I can order new abayas when I lose x pounds, as motivation. Of course, it's not 2 and a half years later, and guess who hasn't ordered any new abayas yet :no:

Another idea if you can't order online is to go to your local goodwill and look for those long denim dresses that used to be in years ago. I have a few of those that I wear either closed or open over a skirt and a shirt. It's like this, but much cheaper.

Rahma - I love the Burberry Abaya - tres chic and the pink embroidered one is very eye-catching. I think that would be so sharp with a pretty lime green or aqua thread, too. :thumbs:

Girl, you speak my language :thumbs: I'm known as the girl in the hot (insert color here) hijab. I've got hot pink, hunter orange and lime green. Still looking for a good electric blue however :lol:

Honey, I wear color - lots of it. :lol: Actually, it was funny, when I was in Birmingham, AL to visit my sis at Thanksgiving, I was out at a mall with my mom. A Muslima walked in front our car and she was wearing a floral printed tunic and a hot plum hijab. I said, "Mom, check out her hijab." My mom said, "Fabulous color - I was just thinking the same thing." :rofl:

Ooo hot plum! South East Asians have a lot of brightly colored scarves and tunics in their wardrobes, egyptians to a lesser extent. We americans are just a whole big mix of everything.

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Timeline

Free Live Sunnipath Event on Sunday. Sh. Sohail is probably my favorite sunnipath teacher. I'm registered. If anyone else registers, let me know and we cant get together on yahoo afterwards to chat.

Email_TheSun.jpg

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Free Live Sunnipath Event on Sunday. Sh. Sohail is probably my favorite sunnipath teacher. I'm registered. If anyone else registers, let me know and we cant get together on yahoo afterwards to chat.

Email_TheSun.jpg

Darn its at the time im at the masjid, i'd have to miss it!

07/21/11 filed AOS off tourist visa

07/28/11 USCIS cashed check

07/30/11 Recieved NOA1 and Biometrics letter

08/24/2011 Biometrics

08/25/2011 RFE sent to us for some info we've already sent in

08/30/2011 sent in the rest of info USCIS asked for

09/13/2011 went to congressman's office to sign papers for expedite of work permit, due to financial hardship

09/15/2011 Work permit expedite approved!! He can finally find a job!

09/24/2011 work permit arrives

09/26/2011 Apply for social security number!

09/30/2011 Letter is sent for interview

11/07/2011 INTERVIEW!!!

Its 2012 and still no approval! Still waiting

01/27/2012 Letter sent stating that file was sent on for more review :(

9iad5hjppr.png

Timeline

Just an FYI, 4 pm GMT is 10 am american central time :star:

irhal.jpg

Timeline

One of my favorite bloggers UmmBilal has some good links about the battle at Karbela from the sunni perspective.

irhal.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

\

ya i know i got to the center at 9 til 1.

07/21/11 filed AOS off tourist visa

07/28/11 USCIS cashed check

07/30/11 Recieved NOA1 and Biometrics letter

08/24/2011 Biometrics

08/25/2011 RFE sent to us for some info we've already sent in

08/30/2011 sent in the rest of info USCIS asked for

09/13/2011 went to congressman's office to sign papers for expedite of work permit, due to financial hardship

09/15/2011 Work permit expedite approved!! He can finally find a job!

09/24/2011 work permit arrives

09/26/2011 Apply for social security number!

09/30/2011 Letter is sent for interview

11/07/2011 INTERVIEW!!!

Its 2012 and still no approval! Still waiting

01/27/2012 Letter sent stating that file was sent on for more review :(

9iad5hjppr.png

Timeline

\

ya i know i got to the center at 9 til 1.

Ah, darn. I sometimes forget the time differences. Once, they had a time change in GMT, but not here in the US, so I missed by class :crying:

Edited by rahma

irhal.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
Rahma - I love the Burberry Abaya - tres chic and the pink embroidered one is very eye-catching. I think that would be so sharp with a pretty lime green or aqua thread, too. :thumbs:

Girl, you speak my language :thumbs: I'm known as the girl in the hot (insert color here) hijab. I've got hot pink, hunter orange and lime green. Still looking for a good electric blue however :lol:

you know i love to make a statement and sooo totally love the ones you picked. I am having some tailored made for me in India as we speak insha'allah I'll have some new ones soon I am so excited

Filed: Timeline

you know i love to make a statement and sooo totally love the ones you picked. I am having some tailored made for me in India as we speak insha'allah I'll have some new ones soon I am so excited

I love it girls!!!! :thumbs: Making a statement (which I totally respect ) and you're clear for jogging at night :lol: (Promise I'm only kidding!)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I love it girls!!!! :thumbs: Making a statement (which I totally respect ) and you're clear for jogging at night :lol: (Promise I'm only kidding!)

ohhhh yeah love messing with the public when i run with my oversized Army Gray shirt on over my Army Black running pants in matching gray hijab hehehehe you should see the confused looks i actually get a peace sign or two

Timeline

Jackie, if you sign up, let me know.

And now for ya'lls entertainment, my first attempt at muslim lolcats!

128758099371235771.jpg

128758103028649742.jpg

FYI, when a person prays alone, they can set an object out in front of them known as a sutra. Anyone passing in front of the praying person should pass in front of the sutra.

irhal.jpg

Timeline

The Rules of Backbiting

Imam Nawawi says "It is obligatory for every sane adult to guard his tongue against talking, except when it contains a clear benefit. If talking and remaining silent are of equal benefit, it is sunnah to abstain, for permissible talking might lead to something undesirable or forbidden, as in fact is very often the case, and nothing matches safety."

On the authority of Abu Hurayrah :

"Whoever believes in Allah and the Last Day should say [something] good, or he should keep silent." [bukhari, Muslim, Ahmad, Tirmidhi, Ibn Majah]

Nawawi says, "This hadith is quite explicit that it is imperative to not talk unless the speech is good, which is that wherein there is some benefit. If a person is in doubt as to whether there will be any benefit, then he should remain silent."

irhal.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.