nunyab

Muslims

2,650 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
If you're staying up for New Years tonight, set aside a little time for Allah (swt) and join in the Global Qiyam ul Layl (Night Prayer) Campaign for Peace and Justice in the entire World.

In the name of God

Bismillah

May the peace, blessings and mercy of God be upon you

Asalamualykum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh

Many of you have read the news. Many of you have seen the pictures. Many of you are protesting or writing letters. Many of you have blogged about it. Many of you have made dua.

What if we all did something together in unison on one night, Thursday January 1, 2009? What if we all stood in prayer in our homes, offices, schools, dorms or wherever we may be on Thursday night? What if we could get at least one thousand Muslims around the world making the same dua? Think of the probability of one dua being accepted out of a thousand.

Viral marketing spreads like wildfire. So I’m calling this viral dua! Spread this viral dua to everyone!

We will stand on this night to ask Allah (God) to…

• …end all the suffering of all the innocent people around the world.
  • …bring justice to all the oppressive rulers and regimes around the world.
  • …seek forgiveness for all our sins.
  • …to grant us when we die and all those believers who have died, heaven.
Let’s try to get at least 1 person in all the cities where Muslims live to sacrifice one night to ask Allah (swt) to end the suffering in Palestine, Iraq, Afghanistan and all around the world where there is suffering.

I’ll start off with myself. I intend to stand on the night of Thursday January 1, 2009 in prayer for justice around the world.

Join us and comment your location (see example below). Why? The more locations the more people will join, because they’ll realize they are not alone on this night. You can even advertise a link if you want to. You can even add your link/name and keep your location blank.

The Excellence of Prayer at Night

Qiyam al Layl: Merits & Significance

good idea but what time are we talking here :unsure: I usually stay up until 10 hehe

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
good idea but what time are we talking here :unsure: I usually stay up until 10 hehe

Sorry this is late, but just FYI for any future night prayer prayers: Night Prayer can be at any time. You can pray it after isha, before you go to sleep, or you can sleep and get up in the night to pray. This is an order from Allah (swt) to the Prophet (saws) to pray the night prayer. It was obligatory for him, but only optional for us.

And during a part of the night, pray Tahajjud beyond what is incumbent on you; maybe your Lord will raise you to a position of great glory. 17:79

For the specifics of the prayer after one sleeps, this is a helpful read.

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Long story short but I was in the Army reserves for 11 yrs and been all over the world. After my experinces I ended up converting while my husband and I were in the "friends" stage.... when i sent my G325a app in it was a pic of me with my hijab but if they just run my social they'll see my TS clearance and I think that might help??

In truth im not really sure being Muslim has anything to do with cases that get extra review and problems like ours have i really want to believe that our country is better than that........in reality there could be just as many non Muslim cases that get the extra views and security checks but we dont know about them because they are not on vj......but im sure ur TS clearance wont hurt any :)

I really hope being a Muslim has nothing to with it as my husband is Muslim. :( Ahhh...the wait. Support to all of you. Any others here with spouses in Jordan?

Timeline

Today is the 8th of Muharram, which means it's almost the 9th and 10th. This means different things for sunnis and shias.

For the sunnis:

Fiqh of Islamic Months: Muharram

• It's good to fast the first 10 days
  • It's good to make the night prayer
  • It's especially good to fast the 9th and 10th, as the 10th is Ashura, aka passover, in the muslim calendar
Historical Significance of Ashura

For shias:

It is a commemoration of the battle of Karbela, a great fitna that caused the death of the Prophet's (saws) grandson Hussein.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Timeline
Today is the 8th of Muharram, which means it's almost the 9th and 10th. This means different things for sunnis and shias.

For the sunnis:

Fiqh of Islamic Months: Muharram

• It's good to fast the first 10 days
  • It's good to make the night prayer
  • It's especially good to fast the 9th and 10th, as the 10th is Ashura, aka passover, in the muslim calendar
Historical Significance of Ashura

For shias:

It is a commemoration of the battle of Karbela, a great fitna that caused the death of the Prophet's (saws) grandson Hussein.

I just read about that battle.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I wanted to share this with you. Its the first part of six. so you can start with it and then the rest. Its a nice testimonial about a young man who converted to Islam.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWe-IjHwpgw

Truth of Palestine

take time to watch , give yourself time to understand. Then make your conclusions.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=676280059

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...endid=242259905

Timeline
I wanted to share this with you. Its the first part of six. so you can start with it and then the rest. Its a nice testimonial about a young man who converted to Islam.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWe-IjHwpgw

thank you :thumbs:

Timeline

Fluffy post time. It's been awhile since I've been abaya shopping. I'll probably just wait until the husband goes back to egypt later this year and have a tailor make knock offs of gulf abayas. I love love love black abayas, and the mini renaisance in gulf abayas has me swooning.

I do want to order this one though:

Designer_Burburry.jpg

These are a bit too expensive, so I'll have the husband look for something like them in Egypt or get ones custom made:

lima.jpg

rainbow.jpg

shimaagwhite.jpg

I also really really love the Silk Route abayaat, but apparently they're made for sisters without any curves. If you're above a US size 10, apparently, you're out of luck.

irhal.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline
Fluffy post time. It's been awhile since I've been abaya shopping. I'll probably just wait until the husband goes back to egypt later this year and have a tailor make knock offs of gulf abayas. I love love love black abayas, and the mini renaisance in gulf abayas has me swooning.

Designer_Burburry.jpg

lima.jpg

Rahma - I love the Burberry Abaya - tres chic and the pink embroidered one is very eye-catching. I think that would be so sharp with a pretty lime green or aqua thread, too. :thumbs:

Timeline
Rahma - I love the Burberry Abaya - tres chic and the pink embroidered one is very eye-catching. I think that would be so sharp with a pretty lime green or aqua thread, too. :thumbs:

Girl, you speak my language :thumbs: I'm known as the girl in the hot (insert color here) hijab. I've got hot pink, hunter orange and lime green. Still looking for a good electric blue however :lol:

irhal.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Designer_Burburry.jpg

lima.jpg

I love athat one too. I don't have any place to find abaya's at around here.

07/21/11 filed AOS off tourist visa

07/28/11 USCIS cashed check

07/30/11 Recieved NOA1 and Biometrics letter

08/24/2011 Biometrics

08/25/2011 RFE sent to us for some info we've already sent in

08/30/2011 sent in the rest of info USCIS asked for

09/13/2011 went to congressman's office to sign papers for expedite of work permit, due to financial hardship

09/15/2011 Work permit expedite approved!! He can finally find a job!

09/24/2011 work permit arrives

09/26/2011 Apply for social security number!

09/30/2011 Letter is sent for interview

11/07/2011 INTERVIEW!!!

Its 2012 and still no approval! Still waiting

01/27/2012 Letter sent stating that file was sent on for more review :(

9iad5hjppr.png

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline

Girl, you speak my language :thumbs: I'm known as the girl in the hot (insert color here) hijab. I've got hot pink, hunter orange and lime green. Still looking for a good electric blue however :lol:

Honey, I wear color - lots of it. :lol: Actually, it was funny, when I was in Birmingham, AL to visit my sis at Thanksgiving, I was out at a mall with my mom. A Muslima walked in front our car and she was wearing a floral printed tunic and a hot plum hijab. I said, "Mom, check out her hijab." My mom said, "Fabulous color - I was just thinking the same thing." :rofl:

Timeline

I was really lucky to have the return center for jelbab.com in Minneapolis. When I first moved here, I called em up and asked if I could pick through the returns. They ship from Jordan, but for US customers, they send the returns to Minnesota (or at least they did, haven't ordered from them for awhile). I got 2 abayas and a jelbab for $30 each. My very first abaya that I still wear often is from there. It's black with a mock coat and white embroidery running down the openings of the coat. Let's see what they have now that i like, hmmm:

Khaleji_Abaya_F22081370_27.jpgKaftan_F5807918_27.jpgAbayas_F23081654_428.jpgAbayas_F2207524_102.jpg

There Granted, I don't think it's necessary to wear an abaya or a jelbab, so long as your clothes are lose and modest. But, I do like the convenience of throwing it on over my lounging around the house clothes and heading out the door quickly.

There are a ton of good places to buy online. An aquaintence of mine maintains a directory - http://modestclothes.com/

I've only purchased clothing from jelbab.com, Islamicboutique, and Shukr. Shukr is by far my favorite, and I wear something from them almost every day.

irhal.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I was really lucky to have the return center for jelbab.com in Minneapolis. When I first moved here, I called em up and asked if I could pick through the returns. They ship from Jordan, but for US customers, they send the returns to Minnesota (or at least they did, haven't ordered from them for awhile). I got 2 abayas and a jelbab for $30 each. My very first abaya that I still wear often is from there. It's black with a mock coat and white embroidery running down the openings of the coat. Let's see what they have now that i like, hmmm:

Khaleji_Abaya_F22081370_27.jpgKaftan_F5807918_27.jpgAbayas_F23081654_428.jpgAbayas_F2207524_102.jpg

There Granted, I don't think it's necessary to wear an abaya or a jelbab, so long as your clothes are lose and modest. But, I do like the convenience of throwing it on over my lounging around the house clothes and heading out the door quickly.

There are a ton of good places to buy online. An aquaintence of mine maintains a directory - http://modestclothes.com/

I've only purchased clothing from jelbab.com, Islamicboutique, and Shukr. Shukr is by far my favorite, and I wear something from them almost every day.

My husband is such a poop. I showed him this and he says no i don't like the material. He thinks i need to get everything from Morocco but we won't be going for a while. And to have someone ship something to us, it would be cheaper to just order it off line. I don't understand him. It makes me so angry.

07/21/11 filed AOS off tourist visa

07/28/11 USCIS cashed check

07/30/11 Recieved NOA1 and Biometrics letter

08/24/2011 Biometrics

08/25/2011 RFE sent to us for some info we've already sent in

08/30/2011 sent in the rest of info USCIS asked for

09/13/2011 went to congressman's office to sign papers for expedite of work permit, due to financial hardship

09/15/2011 Work permit expedite approved!! He can finally find a job!

09/24/2011 work permit arrives

09/26/2011 Apply for social security number!

09/30/2011 Letter is sent for interview

11/07/2011 INTERVIEW!!!

Its 2012 and still no approval! Still waiting

01/27/2012 Letter sent stating that file was sent on for more review :(

9iad5hjppr.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.