nunyab

Muslims

2,650 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I will be praying for you and your father Annie. Please keep us posted on how he is doing. You are such a sweet strong person and you can help him get through this. God bless you sister!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Aymsgirl love the new avatar!!!!

Annie I am soooooo sorry if you ever need to text or talk you know where to find me.... I'll include your father in my dua's please keep us up to date if you wouldn't mind.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Duas for your Dad (F)(F)

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Hey Nawal, just read re your dad.. hope that all will be well.. my grandfather was diagnosed with cancer at 87 got a lot of growth removed from his gut area.. even doc said he is too old for the chemo and will be too drained.. but alhamdulillah, he recovered! doing well today 2 years after, except that his cataracts beyond help.. i guess his will is so strong.. :) my husband is here with us in town, and me and him just sent grandpa back to his home 5 hours from here.. duas for your family (F)

Happy new year you all...

Edited by faryan
.png

Timeline
This calls for some major linkage!

HalalTube - some of the speakers I enjoy listed here are Abdal Hakim Jackson, Abdul Hakim Murad, Faraz Rabbani, Hamza Yusuf, Khalil Moore, Ingrid Mattson, Muhammad al-Yaqoubi, Muhammad al Shareef, Siraj Wahaj, Suhaib Webb, Yasir Qadhi and Zaid Shakir

Suhaib Webb's Blog - has a lot of awesome lectures by Br. Suhaib. He's an american convert who's currently studying at al Azhar in Egypt.

Zaytuna's Multimedia - good talks by various Zaytuna staff, including Hamza Yusuf, Zaid Shakir and Yayha Rhodus

Radical Middle Way - an increadible variety of speakers, including Habib Ali, Tariq Ramadan and a ton of others

you know i went to the Zaytuna institude to sign up for a distance course they have but they still say "upcoming" courses are Fall???? :blink:

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline
Hey ladies (F)

I'm just asking that you keep my Dad in your prayers.

(F)

(F) Just saw this now! Your family is in my prayers, girl! *hugs* :crying:

how yeah doing sis???? interested in seattle meet up II?

i'm hanging in there... :wacko: i would love to come up again! when is the next meetup?

"It's far better to be alone than wish you were." - Ann Landers

world-map.jpg

Timeline
you know i went to the Zaytuna institude to sign up for a distance course they have but they still say "upcoming" courses are Fall???? :blink:

Yeah, their web design is a little behind, but the courses are excellent mashaAllah. I really like that they're MP3s that you download and can keep forever. I have a few classes on my ipod rotation. Getting Right with Allah with Imam Zaid is one of my favorite lecture series of all time.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Timeline

Yeah, their web design is a little behind, but the courses are excellent mashaAllah. I really like that they're MP3s that you download and can keep forever. I have a few classes on my ipod rotation. Getting Right with Allah with Imam Zaid is one of my favorite lecture series of all time.

that's one of the ones i wanted to take and the marriage and family one too. So can i just sign up for the course assuming they know it will be for Jan and not last fall??? :unsure: or should i wait for them to update the site???

Hey ladies (F)

I'm just asking that you keep my Dad in your prayers.

(F)

(F) Just saw this now! Your family is in my prayers, girl! *hugs* :crying:

how yeah doing sis???? interested in seattle meet up II?

i'm hanging in there... :wacko: i would love to come up again! when is the next meetup?

I think we're looking at April 25th

Timeline

When I go to the distance learning page, it says 2009 registration is open. Emailing them couldn't hurt.

Ooo, oo, I just realized that the marriage and family course is the same program Imam Zaid gave here last May. It is 100% awesome. I have half a notebook full of notes I took. I was waiting for it to come out on CD to give to people as newlywed gifts, but now I can just tell them to take the course instead :D

irhal.jpg

Timeline
When I go to the distance learning page, it says 2009 registration is open. Emailing them couldn't hurt.

Ooo, oo, I just realized that the marriage and family course is the same program Imam Zaid gave here last May. It is 100% awesome. I have half a notebook full of notes I took. I was waiting for it to come out on CD to give to people as newlywed gifts, but now I can just tell them to take the course instead :D

:thumbs: what an awesome gift!!!! ok i'll try again after work insha'allah

Timeline

If you're staying up for New Years tonight, set aside a little time for Allah (swt) and join in the Global Qiyam ul Layl (Night Prayer) Campaign for Peace and Justice in the entire World.

In the name of God

Bismillah

May the peace, blessings and mercy of God be upon you

Asalamualykum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh

Many of you have read the news. Many of you have seen the pictures. Many of you are protesting or writing letters. Many of you have blogged about it. Many of you have made dua.

What if we all did something together in unison on one night, Thursday January 1, 2009? What if we all stood in prayer in our homes, offices, schools, dorms or wherever we may be on Thursday night? What if we could get at least one thousand Muslims around the world making the same dua? Think of the probability of one dua being accepted out of a thousand.

Viral marketing spreads like wildfire. So I’m calling this viral dua! Spread this viral dua to everyone!

We will stand on this night to ask Allah (God) to…

• …end all the suffering of all the innocent people around the world.
  • …bring justice to all the oppressive rulers and regimes around the world.
  • …seek forgiveness for all our sins.
  • …to grant us when we die and all those believers who have died, heaven.
Let’s try to get at least 1 person in all the cities where Muslims live to sacrifice one night to ask Allah (swt) to end the suffering in Palestine, Iraq, Afghanistan and all around the world where there is suffering.

I’ll start off with myself. I intend to stand on the night of Thursday January 1, 2009 in prayer for justice around the world.

Join us and comment your location (see example below). Why? The more locations the more people will join, because they’ll realize they are not alone on this night. You can even advertise a link if you want to. You can even add your link/name and keep your location blank.

The Excellence of Prayer at Night

Qiyam al Layl: Merits & Significance

irhal.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.