nunyab

Muslims

2,650 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
awwww Aymsgirl... i think i am hearing something in there... do you need help with anything??? remember i am the girl who didn't know about the sacrificing thing..hehe :blush:

It will be alright!!! I just feel bad that I wasn't a good planner this year and every holiday we have for just us has kind of been spent doing nothing.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline
awwww Aymsgirl... i think i am hearing something in there... do you need help with anything??? remember i am the girl who didn't know about the sacrificing thing..hehe :blush:

It will be alright!!! I just feel bad that I wasn't a good planner this year and every holiday we have for just us has kind of been spent doing nothing.

Tasha, I know exactly what you are feeling. no matter how hard I try its just not right. He don't wanna do anything for EID or anything else. i'm so p'o'ed at him i could spit.

07/21/11 filed AOS off tourist visa

07/28/11 USCIS cashed check

07/30/11 Recieved NOA1 and Biometrics letter

08/24/2011 Biometrics

08/25/2011 RFE sent to us for some info we've already sent in

08/30/2011 sent in the rest of info USCIS asked for

09/13/2011 went to congressman's office to sign papers for expedite of work permit, due to financial hardship

09/15/2011 Work permit expedite approved!! He can finally find a job!

09/24/2011 work permit arrives

09/26/2011 Apply for social security number!

09/30/2011 Letter is sent for interview

11/07/2011 INTERVIEW!!!

Its 2012 and still no approval! Still waiting

01/27/2012 Letter sent stating that file was sent on for more review :(

9iad5hjppr.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

My husband is a bit of a stick in the mud as well when it comes to Eid. The first eid we spent together was horrid, although that wasn't really our fault. In egypt, he put in glasses on the floor in front of him when he prayer. Can't do that here :wacko: Packs of wild children run up and down the salat lines and they trampled them. We were new in that community and didn't know who it was, so we spent Eid looking for a place to get new glasses for cheap and spent all our money on that. It was just a harbinger for the future. I'm working on starting traditions and dragging him along. I made chocolate chip banana bread for breakfast today, and I think I'll make that my traditional eid food. I'm also attempting to make a fancy lamb liver (bleck) dish for a special eid dish to suprise him when he comes home from work today. We'll probably go to mall of america in the next couple of days, although we may just stay home and play withour new kitty :D

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Timeline
My husband is a bit of a stick in the mud as well when it comes to Eid. The first eid we spent together was horrid, although that wasn't really our fault. In egypt, he put in glasses on the floor in front of him when he prayer. Can't do that here :wacko: Packs of wild children run up and down the salat lines and they trampled them. We were new in that community and didn't know who it was, so we spent Eid looking for a place to get new glasses for cheap and spent all our money on that. It was just a harbinger for the future. I'm working on starting traditions and dragging him along. I made chocolate chip banana bread for breakfast today, and I think I'll make that my traditional eid food. I'm also attempting to make a fancy lamb liver (bleck) dish for a special eid dish to suprise him when he comes home from work today. We'll probably go to mall of america in the next couple of days, although we may just stay home and play withour new kitty :D

I can't believe people would let their kids act like that. At our mosque we had some crazy people attempt to spray pepper spray and people were running around looking for their kids in the fellowship hall. I thought, you should know where your kids are. I had huddled them in the kids room and was trying to console them. They should be taught that you don't run around especially when people are praying.

I hope you are having fun with your baby kitty! I am about to choke ours. She is getting on my last nerve when I see her attempting to poop in my potted plants!! I'll send her your way for xmas ok? LOL

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Went to Eiid prayer today couldn't hear the (how do you say ?) hoock pah? I so wanted to hear it too but the kids were doing the normal kid thing but the wome!!!! they were talking like it was a big party! I was sooooo annoyed and irritated and woman after woman begged them to be quite and clapped hands but they would start back up again. I can't imagine, if you don't want to be there then don't go for show! anyway, hope eeryone found something in all of it that made you smile?

my baby got her first teeth this weekend, and her first cold. i'm at the point of tiredness where all i want is sleep, but my brain won't shut down and let me sleep. it sucks!

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

c00c42aa-2fb9-4dfa-a6ca-61fb8426b4f4_zps

Timeline

Well, for Eid we ended up having a friend watch the kids and went to the mall and walked around. Afterwards we sat at Starbucks and had a nice hot chocolate and carmel frappuccino and relaxed. We felt like we were the oldest ones there but hey it was still nice.

Hubby said no kids running around at our mosque yesterday morning. They were kept in the fellowship hall unless they were performing salat and takbeer. He said it was nice and peaceful. I wished that it was the same for you Rajaa. It's rude to go and worship and have to trip over unmindful children and their parents not making them behave.

My babino has sprouted 3 teeth since Thanksgiving. I understand the no sleep and now he has a nose running like faucet. His little mouth looks so red and tender. My hats are off to you newbies going through this for the first time. Somebody gave me the suggestion once to give them a stick of celery to chew on and it does help. That is of course if they are teething with their first teeth. Malek would choke on it now because he could bite it. Take care and get some rest!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

i know and understand allowing children to be children, i have them even the Prophet (pbuh) allowed and wished kids to be apart of prayer and wanted them to be themselves but what i had the problem is the women who should've known better who kept talking and laughing like it was a big party and i couldn't even hear noone could hear until it was time for Salat.

Anyway, glad you and your hubby had some time time alone AymsGirl...

Cheematah i know the feeling sorry i remember those days all to well......

Take care all

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

There's a difference between letting kids be kids and letting them run wild. My husband is flabugasted at how the kids are allowed to behave here. That kind of stuff would never fly at a mosque in egypt. My sheikh told us about sitting with his sheikh in Syria, and how kids as young as 4 would be sitting there, attentive, for a whole 3 hour lecture, while he was getting fidgety. If the children are taught the expectations, then they should be capable of behaving in public inshaAllah.

Wild children are an oft-blogged subject, and a common complaint, along with women not shutting up during the khutbah. I can't count the number of times I haven't been able to hear. Alhamdulilah now I have 2 good masjids where the adults knows the proper adab (manners, etiquette), which makes the whole experience that much better. The kids at one are still eh, but at least they didn't set anything on fire this year :bonk:

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Timeline
There's a difference between letting kids be kids and letting them run wild. My husband is flabugasted at how the kids are allowed to behave here. That kind of stuff would never fly at a mosque in egypt. My sheikh told us about sitting with his sheikh in Syria, and how kids as young as 4 would be sitting there, attentive, for a whole 3 hour lecture, while he was getting fidgety. If the children are taught the expectations, then they should be capable of behaving in public inshaAllah.

Wild children are an oft-blogged subject, and a common complaint, along with women not shutting up during the khutbah. I can't count the number of times I haven't been able to hear. Alhamdulilah now I have 2 good masjids where the adults knows the proper adab (manners, etiquette), which makes the whole experience that much better. The kids at one are still eh, but at least they didn't set anything on fire this year :bonk:

I agree with you Rahma. When children are storming through the masjid that is not respectful. I have real issues with this. If a small child is with his mother and is crawling around her while she prays I feel this is different. Children that are older than a toddler should know how to sit and be respectful. Maybe this is old school in me but I know how my husband would deal with our son if he acted like a wild child in the mosque. My older two children have sat through church services 2.5 hours or more before and were expected to sit and behave. We brought things with us to entertain them while sitting but they still knew from early on...you are in a House of Worship and this is how you behave. If they are taught they will behave. Also, during Ramadan we had the same issue with some of the women being to chatty. Some of the older ones would hush them...then you would see them roll their eyes. LOL! Good to hear you have found a masjid you are comfortable with. I don't think it should be all stiff or anything but manners and etiquette should be respected. I am just a stickler on this.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.