nunyab

Muslims

2,650 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
So... I figured since Issa (pbuh) is one of our prophets celebrating 12/25 with the kids isn't bad.... thoughts???

one of the problems with that is first it is not his birth date second we should not celebrate one prophets birthdate and not the others.......what we do is we use it as a holiday for family and its always been about the fat santa in the red suite.....we also do a lot of work giving to the poor and different things ..............

one of the problems with that is first it is not his birth date second we should not celebrate one prophets birthdate and not the others.......what we do is we use it as a holiday for family and its always been about the fat santa in the red suite.....we also do a lot of work giving to the poor and different things ..............

what other prophet's birthday is celebrated by muslims besides mawlid an nabi?

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

c00c42aa-2fb9-4dfa-a6ca-61fb8426b4f4_zps

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

As most of you know I took my shahada almost 2 months ago. I'm having a difficult time again with everything that is going on in my life. I know I don't pray the 5x a day I should, that makes me feel totally bad. But with everything else that is happeneing with my son, and the unborn grandson, and dealing with that and not working, I feel lost. I don't know what to do to pull myself out of this funk. I don't know how to force myself to do my prayer 5x a day. HELP!!!!!!!!!

07/21/11 filed AOS off tourist visa

07/28/11 USCIS cashed check

07/30/11 Recieved NOA1 and Biometrics letter

08/24/2011 Biometrics

08/25/2011 RFE sent to us for some info we've already sent in

08/30/2011 sent in the rest of info USCIS asked for

09/13/2011 went to congressman's office to sign papers for expedite of work permit, due to financial hardship

09/15/2011 Work permit expedite approved!! He can finally find a job!

09/24/2011 work permit arrives

09/26/2011 Apply for social security number!

09/30/2011 Letter is sent for interview

11/07/2011 INTERVIEW!!!

Its 2012 and still no approval! Still waiting

01/27/2012 Letter sent stating that file was sent on for more review :(

9iad5hjppr.png

Timeline
As most of you know I took my shahada almost 2 months ago. I'm having a difficult time again with everything that is going on in my life. I know I don't pray the 5x a day I should, that makes me feel totally bad. But with everything else that is happeneing with my son, and the unborn grandson, and dealing with that and not working, I feel lost. I don't know what to do to pull myself out of this funk. I don't know how to force myself to do my prayer 5x a day. HELP!!!!!!!!!

im so sorry u re going thru such hard time sweetie! :( i know its difficult to pray the 5 prayers when u ve only been muslim for only 2 months! I want to tell u that trying hard enuff is also rewarded! really its always about trying!! thru everything always have a watch and try to plan it with in ur day with everything; that at this hour after for example feeding ur husband or doing an errand i will come n pray so n so. Lets say u miss n u forgot....no problems at all if u FORGOT not intentional....so just say astaghfirullah and then pray it; take it easy on urself. Remind urself that u need prayer for support and strength to go thru all of this! say lots of duaa in sojud - prostration- for ur son n grandson and always say duaa to Allah to support u; help u do ur prayers and most definitly keep u guided no matter what!

i hope my advice is helpful sister!!

HUG (F)

lyrics.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

im so sorry u re going thru such hard time sweetie! :( i know its difficult to pray the 5 prayers when u ve only been muslim for only 2 months! I want to tell u that trying hard enuff is also rewarded! really its always about trying!! thru everything always have a watch and try to plan it with in ur day with everything; that at this hour after for example feeding ur husband or doing an errand i will come n pray so n so. Lets say u miss n u forgot....no problems at all if u FORGOT not intentional....so just say astaghfirullah and then pray it; take it easy on urself. Remind urself that u need prayer for support and strength to go thru all of this! say lots of duaa in sojud - prostration- for ur son n grandson and always say duaa to Allah to support u; help u do ur prayers and most definitly keep u guided no matter what!

i hope my advice is helpful sister!!

HUG (F)

Thanks sister!

07/21/11 filed AOS off tourist visa

07/28/11 USCIS cashed check

07/30/11 Recieved NOA1 and Biometrics letter

08/24/2011 Biometrics

08/25/2011 RFE sent to us for some info we've already sent in

08/30/2011 sent in the rest of info USCIS asked for

09/13/2011 went to congressman's office to sign papers for expedite of work permit, due to financial hardship

09/15/2011 Work permit expedite approved!! He can finally find a job!

09/24/2011 work permit arrives

09/26/2011 Apply for social security number!

09/30/2011 Letter is sent for interview

11/07/2011 INTERVIEW!!!

Its 2012 and still no approval! Still waiting

01/27/2012 Letter sent stating that file was sent on for more review :(

9iad5hjppr.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

praying 5 x a day is alot less than what originally we were supposed to do. I find the 5 prayers as a "me time" a great time to unwind and remind myself why i am on this earth. We do our dua's for ourselves Allah doesn't need our prayers it is ment for our good. So with what is happening in your life (and indeed trying is also rewarded) perhaps taking a few min. a few times a day would be helpful? Just some insight. Never forget we are human, we are not perfect and all we can do is try our best. Please sister never beat yourself up about it Alhamdolilah we are in a country that allows us this freedom. (sorry tangient)

A suggestion is to try your morning prayers every day for a week after you wake, then the following week try your morning then evening prayers before bed for the second week. then add your afternnon prayer the third week then before you know it in a month's time you're at all 5.

take care we've all been there are there or will be there you're not alone :yes:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
A suggestion is to try your morning prayers every day for a week after you wake, then the following week try your morning then evening prayers before bed for the second week. then add your afternnon prayer the third week then before you know it in a month's time you're at all 5.

Very good suggestion :thumbs:

One thing I constantly advise new converts of is that the Prophet (saws) and his companions (ra) were the best of all muslims, but they didn't get that way overnight. Allah (swt) gave us the religion over a 23 year period. We can't be expected to get everything overnight. Take it step by step and eventually it will all come.

I will say though that out of everything, focus on salat first. It's the whole foundation of the religion. If you don't have that, anything else you build is built on sand.

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Timeline

Don't forget to get your eid sacrifice arranged early! If there isn't a service available locally and you don't feel like doing it yourself, I've used Islamic Relief for years and never had any issues.

For those interested in the fiqh of sacrifice, this is from the shafi'i madhab, but it mentions the positions of other schools as well. This is just an excerpt:

Q. What is the ruling of the sacrifice?

A. The slaughter of 'Eid al-Adha (in Arabic: udhiya; in Urdu: qurbani) is a confirmed sunna (sunna mu'akkada) and only becomes obligatory if one vows to perform it by saying, for example, �I hereby owe Allah to perform a sacrifice, or I hereby owe Allah to sacrifice this animal, or if one says something like, This animal is my sacrifice. Not performing the sacrifice is disliked (makruh), because some scholars (such as the Hanafis) say that it is obligatory. (al-Yaqut al-Nafis fi Madhhab Ibn Idris, 204; Tuhfat al-Muhtaj, 9.346)

Q. Can I commission a trustworthy Muslim to slaughter on my behalf in another country?

A. It is valid to give someone money and commission him to buy an animal and slaughter it in a country other than where one is living (I'anatul-Talibin, 2.335). This is discussed in more detail in a separate answer posted on this list.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Timeline
Don't forget to get your eid sacrifice arranged early! If there isn't a service available locally and you don't feel like doing it yourself, I've used Islamic Relief for years and never had any issues.

For those interested in the fiqh of sacrifice, this is from the shafi'i madhab, but it mentions the positions of other schools as well. This is just an excerpt:

Q. What is the ruling of the sacrifice?

A. The slaughter of 'Eid al-Adha (in Arabic: udhiya; in Urdu: qurbani) is a confirmed sunna (sunna mu'akkada) and only becomes obligatory if one vows to perform it by saying, for example, �I hereby owe Allah to perform a sacrifice, or I hereby owe Allah to sacrifice this animal, or if one says something like, This animal is my sacrifice. Not performing the sacrifice is disliked (makruh), because some scholars (such as the Hanafis) say that it is obligatory. (al-Yaqut al-Nafis fi Madhhab Ibn Idris, 204; Tuhfat al-Muhtaj, 9.346)

Q. Can I commission a trustworthy Muslim to slaughter on my behalf in another country?

A. It is valid to give someone money and commission him to buy an animal and slaughter it in a country other than where one is living (I'anatul-Talibin, 2.335). This is discussed in more detail in a separate answer posted on this list.

Jazaki Allah khayr :D thank u sister

lyrics.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I hate to sound stupid but i didn't know about this last year for some reason... my husband today called and told me that next year he'll get a sheep for me and kill it. Kinda freaked me out a little but hay if that makes him happy whom I to say??? But then i came here and found out it's actually Islamic ooops my bad wonder how i missed that??? :huh:

Timeline

Via SeekersDigest:

Hajj, Eid and the impending holiday season by Abdul Hakim Murad

As millions of Muslims from all over the world make their way toward Mecca for the great pilgrimage (hajj), we have the opportunity to reflect of the meanings and power of this ancient and beautiful ritual. In this sermon, the sheikh reminds us of some of these, in particular its fundamental link to the renewal and reaffirmation of Divine Unity (tawhid). By physically striving to reach God’s House, we engage in a deep purification, reorienting ourselves and our societies toward Him and stripping them of the spiritual and physical encrustations of materialism and idolatry in all its forms. Many well-attested sayings of the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) attest to the immense mercy and forgiveness granted through this process. The means by which they are effected through the outward and inward journey and practices of the pilgrim are mysterious but profoundly powerful. Thanks to the coincidence of calendars this year, we are also approaching another, sadly diminished festival, Christmas - a strange, materialistic way to celebrate a messenger who was among the very highest in his asceticism. The sheikh closes by asking God to preserve the spirit of tawhid and charity, and not to allow it to become similarly diluted by indulgence and materialism. May God also accept the pilgrimage of all our brothers and sisters who have gone on hajj this year, and make it a means to true rebirth and renewal.

irhal.jpg

I hate to sound stupid but i didn't know about this last year for some reason... my husband today called and told me that next year he'll get a sheep for me and kill it. Kinda freaked me out a little but hay if that makes him happy whom I to say??? But then i came here and found out it's actually Islamic ooops my bad wonder how i missed that??? :huh:

are you serious? or were you joking?

i'm so confused.

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

c00c42aa-2fb9-4dfa-a6ca-61fb8426b4f4_zps

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

are you serious? or were you joking?

i'm so confused.

:bonk:

"It's far better to be alone than wish you were." - Ann Landers

world-map.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.