nunyab

Muslims

2,650 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I have a question for all the muslims please. And I will try to cut to the chase. When asked "how long my husband thinks we will be together'? his answer is "we can not know the future, only god knows the future"....he says thi8s is what his religion teaches. To me this is too vague an answer (especially after going thru the visa process!) Well after I explained to him that altho noone can control things like the weather or nature etc...we can still control things like getting a divorce or staying together forever until one of us dies. He than says yes we will stay together until one of us dies but we can not know what will happen in the future, and than he used this example : If we are going somewhere in the car, and we put in gas etc but when we go to start the car it will not run, what can we do? :blink: #######! I am not talking to him now! So am I just really missunderstanding...or is he missunderstanding his religion or does muslim religion teach this reguarding marriage?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Salam,

Just thought a chat for Muslims would be helpful. I am constantly wondering if that may come up on the radar for the approval and if that may delay but alas it doesn't help to worry about such things as there is nothing I can change I am who I am Hamdolah. Looking for the support of others facing the same challenges or anyone interested in participating... all are welcome to chime in

Being Muslim in itself is not really the issue. But beneficiaries from Arab and/or Muslim countries -- especially male beneficiaries but sometimes females -- often have delays for extensive name, security and background checks. In the MENA forum, we call it "AP" for "Administrative Processing." Having a very common name or a history of travel to certain countries can complicate this procedure.

But on the other hand, some MENA beneficiaries have little or no delays. It's hard to predict if or how much your case will be affected. So in general -- be braced for an extra wait, but keep hoping for the best.

Also, we have some lists in the MENA forum called "Visas in Hand" -- you can see how many MENA cases have gone through successfully over the last few years, which consulate they processed through, and if they had AP and how long it took. This could make you feel a lot better !

Wishing you all the best with your visa journey !

Salamat

(F)

-MK

not only the intending immigrant but the spouse sometimes too. I often wondered if I was being targeted as well. While traveling from US to Canada to visit with my Egyptian husband while he was there waiting for I130 processing, I was pulled in many many times for the "random inspection" where they went thru my entire car while going thru every piece of paper in my purse inside and asking several questions.. many of the same over and over... hmmm wondered if my last name now being Omar prompted these sudden "random searches"? guess i will never know for sure.

09/2005 submitted I130, 08/09/2006 completed medical,case left NVC to Montreal Embassy July 7, 2006
06/07/2006 NVC CASE COMPLETE! (278 days from I130 submitted to NVC case complete)
August 2006 Interview at Montreal Embassy, need to submit I601 & I212 waiver.July 2007 submitted waivers to Montreal Embassy who forwarded to Vermont Service Center
October 2007 rec'd receipt and notification or waiver processing from VSC, April 2008 rec'd RFE for I601 July 2008 submitted RFE, and rec'd receipt, advised written decision within 60 days
October 24, 2008 sent written request for case status to VSC, May 2009 after written request for status update recd letter "being processed"
July2009 requested Senator inquiry again.. response "with officer, required extra processing" if no response check back 6 months!
Dec 09 requested senator inquiry again, Jan 8 2010 requested more than "general inquiry" senator Jan 11, 2010 Senator requested supervisor
Jan 12, VSC told senator's office we wld recd notice in mail 7 - 10 days Jan 20, 2010 I601 DENIED.... letter dated Jan 14, 2010
April 2010, granted 290b approval to send to Appeal for review

October 2011 Appeal denied due to fraud, now dumped by husband, now with Canadian Arabic woman from Tunisa for Canada residence.. processing Immigration with her now

thru Canada

July2013 He ws deported back to Egypt almost a year ago due to out of status for almost 2 years

movin on to a new life
Felicia

Timeline
I have a question for all the muslims please. And I will try to cut to the chase. When asked "how long my husband thinks we will be together'? his answer is "we can not know the future, only god knows the future"....he says thi8s is what his religion teaches. To me this is too vague an answer (especially after going thru the visa process!) Well after I explained to him that altho noone can control things like the weather or nature etc...we can still control things like getting a divorce or staying together forever until one of us dies. He than says yes we will stay together until one of us dies but we can not know what will happen in the future, and than he used this example : If we are going somewhere in the car, and we put in gas etc but when we go to start the car it will not run, what can we do? :blink: #######! I am not talking to him now! So am I just really missunderstanding...or is he missunderstanding his religion or does muslim religion teach this reguarding marriage?

Islam teaches that the future is unknown and no one can predict it; and in order to gain/achieve/accomplish something u want in life u must do whatever is necessary for that thing to happen or that certain goal u re trying to reach but the results are not in ur hands -meaning u might get it or might not get it! Thats basically for everything in life not marraige in particular. So I think what ur husband means is that u both have the intention of staying together and every single day of ur lives u will do whats necessary to maintain that; even in the hardest or most bizzare situations. Thats ofcourse what 'I' think I understood from what ur husband said but by no means its forsure lol

lyrics.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

first i would wonder why someone would ask that question, when u decide to marry do you not assume forever so how could there be a guess of how long...im not muslim but ahmed always speaks of forever until death and he always wishes his to come first. I think americans are so scheduled and factual they want a answer for everything but for them their religion dictates life> I maybe off on everything if so sorry need more coffeeeeeeeeeeeeee and at this moment i need tell himm something and cant get thru on the phone grrrrrr

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Al Jazeera English documentary Islam in America, part 1

Would probably be nice to show the Sos who aren't in the US yet. Granted, I think they paint a picture that is a bit too rosey, but it does show that all in all, the US isn't such a bad place to be a muslim.

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Timeline
Al Jazeera English documentary Islam in America, part 1

Would probably be nice to show the Sos who aren't in the US yet. Granted, I think they paint a picture that is a bit too rosey, but it does show that all in all, the US isn't such a bad place to be a muslim.

Yes i ve watched it actually and i agree with u!

lyrics.jpg

Timeline

Only Allah (swt) knows what the future holds, and everything is allowed only by His will. That's why we say "inshaAllah" ad nauseum. If God wills it, then tomorrow, we'll get together. If God wills it, inshaAllah we'll be together. If God wills it, I'll get you those numbers this afternoon. If God wills it, we'll have pizza for lunch, etc etc etc.

If our marriage survives, it's not by our wills, it is the will of Allah (swt). For some reason, the husband and I arbitrarily chose 80 years as the length of time we'd be together. He'd be 105, I'd be 100 if we actually make it to that point :star: So throughout the time we were apart, we would look at it and say, the time apart is so short compared to what we'll have together, 78 more years inshaAllah, etc etc etc.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
Only Allah (swt) knows what the future holds, and everything is allowed only by His will. That's why we say "inshaAllah" ad nauseum. If God wills it, then tomorrow, we'll get together. If God wills it, inshaAllah we'll be together. If God wills it, I'll get you those numbers this afternoon. If God wills it, we'll have pizza for lunch, etc etc etc.

If our marriage survives, it's not by our wills, it is the will of Allah (swt). For some reason, the husband and I arbitrarily chose 80 years as the length of time we'd be together. He'd be 105, I'd be 100 if we actually make it to that point :star: So throughout the time we were apart, we would look at it and say, the time apart is so short compared to what we'll have together, 78 more years inshaAllah, etc etc etc.

Mashallah... that is nice of him to assist the situation like that.. Mine he says... "until my last breath and I will ask Allah to be with you in Jenna" :luv:

Today he was being so sweet to me and I asked "how did i get so fortunate to have a husband like you... " he said "as long as you respect me as your husband i will always treat you as you should be treated" :huh: why does that worry me a tad??? :unsure:

Yeah don't even get me on the "random" checks.. i got 4 "ramdom" ones including one right before i boarded an airplane. Nice huh???

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

irhal.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

moral of this story, don't ask questions that just set you up for failure. I think it's one of those questions where he's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. Like "do I look fat in this outfit?" . He can lie and make you feel good, but you'll never know how he truly feels or he could tell the truth and perhaps hurt your feelings, you know?

that being said, instead of saying "we can not know the future, only god knows the future" I think he should have just said "God willing". Take the guess work out of it and makes you think he wants it, you know? Language differences cause soooo many problems sometimes. :wacko:

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

moral of this story, don't ask questions that just set you up for failure. I think it's one of those questions where he's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. Like "do I look fat in this outfit?" . He can lie and make you feel good, but you'll never know how he truly feels or he could tell the truth and perhaps hurt your feelings, you know?

that being said, instead of saying "we can not know the future, only god knows the future" I think he should have just said "God willing". Take the guess work out of it and makes you think he wants it, you know? Language differences cause soooo many problems sometimes. :wacko:

Im not muslim but my husband is from north african heritage and with questions like this - he will say he will love me forever and ever etc but he does have the annoying habit of any time i ask him if he is going to do something he isnt 100% into or committed to but knows he has to he just says "G-d willing". Like if I say honey are you excited to go have a babysitter this saturday and eat sushi he will be like yes I cant wait I am going to order the toro etc" but if I say honey can you drive on Friday to pick both kids up from school he will say "G-d willing" its the consistent answer. It pisses me off!

My husband also doesnt sugar coat things. If I ask him if I look fat in something and I do, he will tell me. If I ask him if I gained weight, he will tell me. He is brutally honest. So I guess when he tells me he will love me forever he is being brutally honest as well!

Edited by chaishai

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Im not muslim but my husband is from north african heritage and with questions like this - he will say he will love me forever and ever etc but he does have the annoying habit of any time i ask him if he is going to do something he isnt 100% into or committed to but knows he has to he just says "G-d willing". Like if I say honey are you excited to go have a babysitter this saturday and eat sushi he will be like yes I cant wait I am going to order the toro etc" but if I say honey can you drive on Friday to pick both kids up from school he will say "G-d willing" its the consistent answer. It pisses me off!

My husband also doesnt sugar coat things. If I ask him if I look fat in something and I do, he will tell me. If I ask him if I gained weight, he will tell me. He is brutally honest. So I guess when he tells me he will love me forever he is being brutally honest as well!

lol! I learned not to ask these questions because my husband is just as brutally honest, although lately when I get frustrated with my weight he just tells me to take it easy because I just had surgery and don't put so much pressure on myself since he loves me no matter what, blah blah blah. He does the same inshallah thing though too when he doesn't want to do something! lol

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

My husband is also brutally honest, but I've come to like it, or at least accept it most of the time. He will tell me straight up that I need to lose weight (which I do). He has even poked me in the stomach -- playfully, in public -- and told me I would enjoy life more if I lost "that." But it's something about the way he says it; I don't feel threatened by that kind of honesty.

As for the God willing part, he told me his dad used to drive him crazy with that too, the way parents here often say, "We'll see."

"Dad, can I have a bicycle?" "Inshallah." He got soooo tired of hearing Inshallah when he was a kid. :lol:

I'm the USC.

11/05/2007........Conditional permanent residency effective date.

01/10/2008........Two-year green card in hand.

08/08/2009........Our son was born <3

08/08/2009........Filed for removal of conditions.

12/16/2009........ROC was approved.

11/05/2010........Eligible for Naturalization.

03/01/2011........Separated.

11/05/2012........Eligible for Naturalization.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I think in the year that Kamal has been here, I've heard him say insha allah 3x!

07/21/11 filed AOS off tourist visa

07/28/11 USCIS cashed check

07/30/11 Recieved NOA1 and Biometrics letter

08/24/2011 Biometrics

08/25/2011 RFE sent to us for some info we've already sent in

08/30/2011 sent in the rest of info USCIS asked for

09/13/2011 went to congressman's office to sign papers for expedite of work permit, due to financial hardship

09/15/2011 Work permit expedite approved!! He can finally find a job!

09/24/2011 work permit arrives

09/26/2011 Apply for social security number!

09/30/2011 Letter is sent for interview

11/07/2011 INTERVIEW!!!

Its 2012 and still no approval! Still waiting

01/27/2012 Letter sent stating that file was sent on for more review :(

9iad5hjppr.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.