nunyab

Muslims

2,650 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
Patriot Act,

I love how no one read that, and they got it passed in the middle of the night, very very interesting :devil: I would not be surprised if they are breathing down my throat as of now, not paranoid, just expect the worst. Just a little tip to my fellow Americans, don’t use humor, or any kind of off colored jokes, these people don’t appreciate humor.:devil:

7827The-Patriot-Act-Posters.jpg

ACF400.jpg

patriot_acts.jpg

Ganja_Girl... did i miss something?? :blush:

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline

lol, I can imagine them spending hours going through my mail, and other stuff. I think it is funny as hell, but when did we become the police state we are now, how did this happen, and it happened fast. I am not a fan of Bush and I am pretty open about it. Lol Used to be I always feared being locked up aboard, now I fear being lock up in my own country. We have more people in prison in America than any other country in the world, pretty frightening.

A woman is like a tea bag- you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water.

Eleanor Roosevelt

thquitsmoking3.jpg

Timeline
lol, I can imagine them spending hours going through my mail, and other stuff. I think it is funny as hell, but when did we become the police state we are now, how did this happen, and it happened fast. I am not a fan of Bush and I am pretty open about it. Lol Used to be I always feared being locked up aboard, now I fear being lock up in my own country. We have more people in prison in America than any other country in the world, pretty frightening.

I agree Ganja_Girl... in fact so much so I dare say anything else for fear big bro is roaming here and hay you have to admit it.. the thread headline is "muslims" lol if they are reading this I wish they would focus some of that creative talent on processing our apps!!! instead of sitting around reading our posts.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

in the year 2003 there was a joke going around pakistan

A boy sits at the mosque day after day praying to go to the USA finally one fri a man walks up to him and said u really wanna go to the USA the boy answer yes so the man told him i know how u can get there it will cost u NOTHING.....so he told the boy dont shave for one month then for one week sit here after that and scream i am alkida i am alkida and u will make it to the USA and they will even come and pick u up and give u a free ride ..............and yup i misspelled it on purpose lol

Timeline

lol smart girl

in the year 2003 there was a joke going around pakistan

A boy sits at the mosque day after day praying to go to the USA finally one fri a man walks up to him and said u really wanna go to the USA the boy answer yes so the man told him i know how u can get there it will cost u NOTHING.....so he told the boy dont shave for one month then for one week sit here after that and scream i am alkida i am alkida and u will make it to the USA and they will even come and pick u up and give u a free ride ..............and yup i misspelled it on purpose lol

Timeline

I agree Ganja_Girl... in fact so much so I dare say anything else for fear big bro is roaming here and hay you have to admit it.. the thread headline is "muslims" lol if they are reading this I wish they would focus some of that creative talent on processing our apps!!! instead of sitting around reading our posts.

lol WHAT u want them to do something for us that will enrich our life's :whistle:

Timeline

does anyone live around the salem portland area in oregon that knows of a market that has nice hijabs? i live so far away from anything like portland and there just does not seem to be anyplace i can purchase more........i have made a few but i like the ones that come from saudi, india and egypt..........i looked on the net and only thing i could find was a nice lady from india that sells material and clothing from india from her home...............we did go there to purchase some things that we could not find any place else but she didnt really have any hijab

Timeline
does anyone live around the salem portland area in oregon that knows of a market that has nice hijabs? i live so far away from anything like portland and there just does not seem to be anyplace i can purchase more........i have made a few but i like the ones that come from saudi, india and egypt..........i looked on the net and only thing i could find was a nice lady from india that sells material and clothing from india from her home...............we did go there to purchase some things that we could not find any place else but she didnt really have any hijab

Noooo sorry I live in seattle but I do know a few places on line you can look at ... heck even ebay has some last time i checked.. but you the prices you'll be paying are more than if you were there yourself..obviously

http://www.alhannah.com/hijab.html

I'll have to look but I do have more.. hope this helps start you in what you're looking for

Timeline

Noooo sorry I live in seattle but I do know a few places on line you can look at ... heck even ebay has some last time i checked.. but you the prices you'll be paying are more than if you were there yourself..obviously

I'll have to look but I do have more.. hope this helps start you in what you're looking for

thank you i do have that site and a few others that i look at for different things but it just is not the same is going and looking and touching and seeing the color against ur skin lol yeah i know it may not be something i can do lol but i sure wish i could :)

Timeline

thank you i do have that site and a few others that i look at for different things but it just is not the same is going and looking and touching and seeing the color against ur skin lol yeah i know it may not be something i can do lol but i sure wish i could :)

I understand... I would like stores like they have over there where there are hundreds and thousands to choose from... i always get so overwhelmed... and a little giddy hehe

Timeline

i really miss a lot of things from over seas..........sound of the call for prayer.....we have it on our computer but its just not the same thing :whistle: ...going to the market shopping where u can find everything and if they dont have ur size u they will make it for u or tell u where to go that can........and u get to haggle the price lol i love that part..........fresh fruit and other foods that u can really afford to buy lol oh gosh the list goes on lol

Edited by estadia

Timeline
i really miss a lot of things from over seas..........sound of the call for prayer.....we have it on our computer but its just not the same thing :whistle: ...going to the market shopping where u can find everything and if they dont have ur size u they will make it for u or tell u where to go that can........and u get to haggle the price lol i love that part..........fresh fruit and other foods that u can really afford to buy lol oh gosh the list goes on lol

I know.. i agree the call to prayer is one of my favorites.. My husband lives in the middle of three and they all go off at a min.. differences soooo cool. I miss my husband sooooo and his family Oy! the family thing is what I miss most!!

Timeline
April, Sigh. I wish you'd just get it that Jews and Christians do cover, Christians not so much in the US but Jews yes.

Hey we've already moved on to another topic so let's not make a mountain out of a molehill. (No hagas una tormenta en un vaso de agua)

:ot2: HisLittleMisriya, thanks for the advice. My American friends tell me to not worry about it but also to not argue with my husband's family because I won't win :rofl: So I'm not touching that one with them!! Also I found out that my mother-in-law is deathly afraid of donkeys at night (?) she says that they're shayatin (?) have you heard of that? I haven't researched that one lately cuz I've been a little busy. And it's not like I happen upon hmir every day! :no: Gosh what else is there, so much. Lots of Moroccan culture mixed in with Islam over here to create a "Moroccan Islam" is how I see it.

It's veeeeeery interesting though to see how converts practice Islam, for the most part, at least the ones I know, they're like cultureless, they don't have any cultural baggage that they bring into the religion with little superstitious practices, but keeping certain American cultural habits and traditions isn't un-Islamic either, I mean, aint nothing wrong with SuperBowl Sunday or baby showers or house-warming parties or countless other American traditions because they're not religious. (Right?) Oh yeah last night my husband told me that whenever I hear a hamar going eeeaawwweeeeaaaawww at night to say authoobilahiminashaytanirrajim. Do you guys do that too? Not like I would've known that back in the States, not many asses around. (Well...) :rofl:

April :star:

Ok so this is what i've found out.. if a donkey bays or a dog barks at night you are to say that because they've heard something at night that you haven't. We typically not find the "best" of people roaming around at night, not to say they are satan but well who knows? but per my book

"Fortress of the Muslim Invocations from the Qur'an and Sunnah" it says "When you hear a dog barking or a donkey braying in the night, then seek refuge in Allah from them, for surely they have seen what you see not." (abu Dawud graded it authentic in Sahih Abu Dawud)

As far as the Gin in the sink?? I remember asking my husband about this when we got off the phone and he seemed like he didn't want to tell me... he's on the site i'll ask him to see if he'll contribute to the "moroccan" tales.

Ok so I asked my hubby he said that we shouldn't poor hot scolding hot water down the drain because of the Gin.... ummmm news to me. But when I asked him for a Hadith on it he said he didn't know... I asked him to please ask... I'll check out on my end but I think it's more a cutural thing than Islamic...

Now as far as Islam goes that is the beauty of Islam the cultural diversity and accpetance that I enjoy sooo much. We just have to be careful what we label "Islamic" and what is "Cultural"

Kind of like changing your name when you convert... that's not Islamic as far as I found ??? But I did hamdolah and love my name..."hope"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.