nunyab

Muslims

2,650 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
I am not Muslim, but for some reason I am profiled at the airport, mostly France. Not sure what they are looking for, but one time I didn’t think I make it home. I was in France, trying to get my flight to America; I had a ton of problems there. First there was something wrong with my ticket, I never sure what the problem was, but I was standing in line to check in, and first this lady starts asking me questions, on why I was in Egypt, what did I do, where did I stay. I am not feeling happy at this point, than she tells me to wait for one minute, than the next thing I know I have two more people coming to me asking me even more questions. Finally after TWO HOURS, they state they have checked me in to the flight and I am now good to go. WRONG, I go to the next check point, GUESS WHAT, I am pulled aside again, but this time they make a few phone calls, and I am off to my gate. Finally I am in the line to borad the plane, than all of a sudden I am surrounded by at least 7 French police officers, under-cover ones, and they pull me from the line, in front of everyone, so I look like a criminal at this point, they take me to another room, and this is when I was strip searched, not my first time, but I was really shocked. They did all this, plane is waiting on the runway, I am finally able to get back to getting on the plane. As I was getting ready to get on the trolley to the plane, they pull me again, #######, I had just been strip searched, and then they search me again, patted me down, and finally I was able to get on the plane, and I was the last one, every eye on me. Oh yea good times, now what were they looking for, not sure, but for some reason they put me through the ringer. Not the first time I have had run inns’ with France. I learned a long time ago, NEVER DO ANYTHING WRONG, because for some reason they always look at me first. :devil:

What'll happen if you refuse to get stripsearched? And it was female officers right? That's just ridiculous.

as far as i know and have read, you cannot "refuse" to be stripsearched. its part of the rights you give up as you choose to fly somewhere. either you agree or you don't get on the plane and choose to find another way to get to your destination. you could always sue afterward like a true american.

I think you can refuse and then you just do not fly! I remember one time I took my science team to a competition up state and we were flying back out, the competition ran late so we were basically running to catch a flight that only had about 10 people anyways on it. My co-coach was stopped and searched. It was funny and we joked about it since I was wearing a head covering and she was wearing a low cut shirt, hmm.... :whistle: I told her the guy stopped because her jugs were hanging out (even though he knew we were trying to make the flight) I kept talking to the lady at the door gate as a stall tacts (it worked) and she got there right when the door was closing. They stopped and asked her a bunch of questions that had to do with nothing then said 'O we can not find a female to pat you down' it was just they wanted a closer look at her 'assets'! I have had mixed experiences in France. My first time though no one seemed to want to answer my question on how to find our connecting gate. Good think my son asked :wacko: and got some answers. But when I went through immigration to stay there over night it was the officer was very pleasant, but the lady and her mother right before us, he was so disrespectful to them. It is really hit and miss with some people. I remember one time I was connecting in Dallas (this was in Dec) and I asked the person right when you come out of the check point how to find the connecting gate, the lady first told me some crazy long way that was impossible to even get there, specially with two young boys. So I stared her down and said to her there is no other way, then she looked embarrassed and said yes just take the train here and get off at the second stop you will be right there. WTH she did not say this first I do not know, but when I gave her the look she sure had no problems in guiding me the fastest way. Perhaps it was the look of :devil: that I gave, lol :rofl: and scared her!

Samira and Jaouad

K3 and AOS

8-13-07: Sent package with I-129F to CSC overnight

9-25-07: NOA 1 recv

3-04-08: Approval Notice Sent

5-15-08:Interview Date

07-28-08:Visa Received (AP Hell 73 days)

08-02-08:US Entry (K-3)

08-05-08: Sent EAD package to CSC

12-07-08: Finally recvd EAD

04-20-09: AOS sent

07-23-09: AOS Interview-APPROVED!

Next file for Naturalization!

.png

and our family keeps growing and growing.....

x5Kpm8.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
I hope i dont offend anyone but here is a couple of videos about muslim flying they are done by a muslim man and are funny but get the point across just a little funny to laugh a little :whistle:

I keep checking to see if he has done anything on immigration but so far he has not

Those videos were great!!!! Hamdolah someone out there that is saying what we're feeling. I've gotta tell everyone about this guy thank you for sharing.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Salam everyone! My hubby is one that has a commen last name and well before we got approved we were in Secruity check for about 2-3 months :(

INSHALLAH we won't be in AP too long!!

Nita

596696z2ypf41694.gif

I - 130

3.26.08 - NOA2 - APPROVAL IN 493 DAYS!!

NVC

7.22.08 - CASE COMPLETED IN 90 DAYS - THANK GOD!!

Embassy

9.29.08-Interview - AP (2 weeks)

10.15.08 - AP over :) Embassy called hubby to go get his Visa - HAPPIEST DAY!!!

10.20.08 - Visa Issued

11.25.08 - POE (JFK then SFO)

11.26.08 - Visa Journey is Over!! TOOK 737 DAYS....Habibi is Home!! :) :)

USA

11.25.08 - POE

12.10.08 - Applied for SS Card

12.15.08 - Welcome Letter Received

12.17.08 - SS Card Received

12.26.08 - Green Card Received :)

Begin Naturalization process 2011 ~ Inshallah

mybanner493ead35e2041shfr8.th.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
I hope i dont offend anyone but here is a couple of videos about muslim flying they are done by a muslim man and are funny but get the point across just a little funny to laugh a little :whistle:

I keep checking to see if he has done anything on immigration but so far he has not

Those videos were great!!!! Hamdolah someone out there that is saying what we're feeling. I've gotta tell everyone about this guy thank you for sharing.

i hope u took the opportunity to look at all of his work.........the only thing i have not seen him do a skit on is immigration

i did write to him and ask him if he would consider it but i bet he gets so many request each day he hardly looks at somethings lol

Timeline

i did write to him and ask him if he would consider it but i bet he gets so many request each day he hardly looks at somethings loli hope u took the opportunity to look at all of his work.........the only thing i have not seen him do a skit on is immigration

I watched about 5 of his videos I am going to share them with my friends here.... I really wish he would do something on immergration he just may not have the first had experience to talk about it. The airport security thing were they watched his video on airport security had me laughing out load! He is right though it is a good time to show what "true Islam" is about. Subhanallah it always refreshes my spirit to see these things. Shokran

Filed: Country: Libya
Timeline

It's really a ####### shoot with immigration... my husband was a muslim man, coming from a country that, until last year was on the USA's list of terrorist countries, with a name that's the Arabic equivilant of "John Smith" and was only in AR/AP/name checks for 30 days before getting his visa after his interview..... then he got his GC in no time once he was here without having to go in for an interview. I suspect we'll have to go for an interview when he applies to remove the conditions though.

Muslimwoman-1-1.jpg

99GEAq-6owA

We need a Ramadan!! (part one)

VP's Blog

Timeline

Here's something.... Has anyone that wears a scarf been asked "where you're from" and when you tell them a state in the U.S. they just don't understand? I had a man at the gas station ask me where I was from I told him Seattle washington... he said "no...WHERE ARE YOU FROM?" raising his voice so in case my fluent english wasn't good enough for me to understand him... I again replied (but louder of corse) SEATTLE WASHINGTON... finally exhasperatied he said "but you wear a scarf on your head" i said "yes i am muslim" he couldn't understand at all. Now I wish I could say this has been my only experice with disbelief that an american blue eyed girl is muslim but it's not. Has anyone else encountered this or is it purly a northwest thing?? :bonk:

Timeline
Here's something.... Has anyone that wears a scarf been asked "where you're from" and when you tell them a state in the U.S. they just don't understand? I had a man at the gas station ask me where I was from I told him Seattle washington... he said "no...WHERE ARE YOU FROM?" raising his voice so in case my fluent english wasn't good enough for me to understand him... I again replied (but louder of corse) SEATTLE WASHINGTON... finally exhasperatied he said "but you wear a scarf on your head" i said "yes i am muslim" he couldn't understand at all. Now I wish I could say this has been my only experice with disbelief that an american blue eyed girl is muslim but it's not. Has anyone else encountered this or is it purly a northwest thing?? :bonk:

:whistle: well im latin that confuses them more sometimes lol most the time i go in FULL hijab as in the long dress over my other clothing and head scarf or i wear my clothing that is muslim clothing such as pakistani or india wear......i get asked mmm where are u from

i really blow their mind i say Im from Guatemala.......its not a lie its were i was born.........lol u should see their faces lol

Timeline

:whistle: well im latin that confuses them more sometimes lol most the time i go in FULL hijab as in the long dress over my other clothing and head scarf or i wear my clothing that is muslim clothing such as pakistani or india wear......i get asked mmm where are u from

i really blow their mind i say Im from Guatemala.......its not a lie its were i was born.........lol u should see their faces lol

You have me laughing out loud!!!! That's hysterical. I can only imagine there faces trying to wrap there brains around that one.

Timeline

It's sad when they think Islam is a race!!! its a religion ppl!!! anyone can accept it or reject it like any other religion on earth!!

I was really upset when my husband told me he cant come pick me up when i get the visa!!!! its my first time flying to the states and being a MUSLIM!!! lol Im ok now i kind of got my self psychologically prepared. So its really good reading all of your experiences. I know where they re coming from and they do have to be careful n everything but DO NOT BE RUDE!!!!! thats one thing im so worried i wont tolerate! u wanna check ..check! u wanna ask... ask!! but if u re rude... sarcastic or any of that ....arghhhhh!!!! but again i wont b able to say anything and i will stay calm n friendly insha Allah. I wish i wd have other hijabies on the same flight so i wdnt feel alone :( There are going to be the good n the bad everywhere!! so lets just hope we d always pump into the good ones :D

I agree with sara (estadia( on when she said that while they re searching the ones with their "alerts signs" lol they re letting the bad ones go thru security!!!

lyrics.jpg

Timeline

Some lady at a gas station asked me if I was Jewish, um, I don't remember Jewish women wearing headscarves lately...that was weird. :blink: Then when I'm in the airport in Casa and I give them my passport to go through the security thing the guy thinks it's fake and that I'm not really American and he won't stop speaking Arabic with me even though I insist I'm American. Okay then one day in the mall in California I wanted to buy a watch for my husband but didn't know if it would fit him so I wanted to fit it on a guy so I had my mom ask a guy passing by if he could try on the watch for us and he said in Spanish that he didn't speak English so my mom told me to ask him (I'm fluent in Spanish, part Mexican) and when I asked him he like stared at me for a minute having a brain fart probably. :wow: He didn't ask me how in the hell did I speak Spanish but I knew he wanted to. :rofl: People have asked me where I'm from too and when I say San Francisco they're like oh your parents are immigrants and I'm like no my parents are Mexican and German! They're dumbfounded. They're like but you're not Arab at all? And I'm just like no...(it's not worth explaining that I do have a tiny bit of Arab in me, my grandma is half Arab, either Lebanese or Syrian from her dad's side) People would also always look at me funny when I'd be talking on my cell phone to Mohamed in French...no one has ever screamed at me before thinking I didn't speak English alhamdulillah, I probably would've gone off on them (short temper) :devil:

April :star:

02/08/2008 - sent I-130

02/11/2008 - I-130 received by USCIS

02/20/2008 - NOA sent

02/26/2008 - Touched!

06/18/2008 - I-130 Approved

07/02/2008 - DS 3032/AOS Bill sent to me

07/18/2008 - Sent payment of AOS Bill

.png

5360730_bodyshot_300x400.gif5482024_bodyshot_300x400.gif

Timeline

It's sad when they think Islam is a race!!! its a religion ppl!!! anyone can accept it or reject it like any other religion on earth!!

I was really upset when my husband told me he cant come pick me up when i get the visa!!!! its my first time flying to the states and being a MUSLIM!!! lol Im ok now i kind of got my self psychologically prepared. So its really good reading all of your experiences. I know where they re coming from and they do have to be careful n everything but DO NOT BE RUDE!!!!! thats one thing im so worried i wont tolerate! u wanna check ..check! u wanna ask... ask!! but if u re rude... sarcastic or any of that ....arghhhhh!!!! but again i wont b able to say anything and i will stay calm n friendly insha Allah. I wish i wd have other hijabies on the same flight so i wdnt feel alone :( There are going to be the good n the bad everywhere!! so lets just hope we d always pump into the good ones :D

I agree with sara (estadia( on when she said that while they re searching the ones with their "alerts signs" lol they re letting the bad ones go thru security!!!

when my sis came back from cairo last time she said more than half the plane was muslim so u should not have too much trouble .........

Some lady at a gas station asked me if I was Jewish, um, I don't remember Jewish women wearing headscarves lately...that was weird. :blink: Then when I'm in the airport in Casa and I give them my passport to go through the security thing the guy thinks it's fake and that I'm not really American and he won't stop speaking Arabic with me even though I insist I'm American. Okay then one day in the mall in California I wanted to buy a watch for my husband but didn't know if it would fit him so I wanted to fit it on a guy so I had my mom ask a guy passing by if he could try on the watch for us and he said in Spanish that he didn't speak English so my mom told me to ask him (I'm fluent in Spanish, part Mexican) and when I asked him he like stared at me for a minute having a brain fart probably. :wow: He didn't ask me how in the hell did I speak Spanish but I knew he wanted to. :rofl: People have asked me where I'm from too and when I say San Francisco they're like oh your parents are immigrants and I'm like no my parents are Mexican and German! They're dumbfounded. They're like but you're not Arab at all? And I'm just like no...(it's not worth explaining that I do have a tiny bit of Arab in me, my grandma is half Arab, either Lebanese or Syrian from her dad's side) People would also always look at me funny when I'd be talking on my cell phone to Mohamed in French...no one has ever screamed at me before thinking I didn't speak English alhamdulillah, I probably would've gone off on them (short temper) :devil:

April :star:

lots of jewish women wear headscarves. many christian women do too, from all kinds of different places.

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

c00c42aa-2fb9-4dfa-a6ca-61fb8426b4f4_zps

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.