nunyab

Muslims

2,650 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline
You are all right and I believe its about family. For him, it was about control. He got his way, but he had a hell of a day! We fought most of the day and I was pretty upset through it. After the day was over, he tried to do anything he could to make me happy again (So we got to tell the parents we're expecting! :dancing: ). Saturday we went to my families (whom he does like) and when we got home he let me know he was going to do more research on the holiday and that we would probably celebrate next year. It's rough sometimes that getting the smallest change out of him takes a huge fight or drama to get it done, but it's what works. I know he's uncomfortable still with some things, but he'll think twice about taking my holiday away again :) I hope.

Sorry for the delay, I don't get many chances to get on here any more.

I don't know how your family celebrates, but, ideally, Thanksgiving is a day set aside to celebrate God with family and friends. Muslims thank God several times a day, so Thanksgiving is certainly not out of step with that.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
You are all right and I believe its about family. For him, it was about control. He got his way, but he had a hell of a day! We fought most of the day and I was pretty upset through it. After the day was over, he tried to do anything he could to make me happy again (So we got to tell the parents we're expecting! :dancing: ). Saturday we went to my families (whom he does like) and when we got home he let me know he was going to do more research on the holiday and that we would probably celebrate next year. It's rough sometimes that getting the smallest change out of him takes a huge fight or drama to get it done, but it's what works. I know he's uncomfortable still with some things, but he'll think twice about taking my holiday away again :) I hope.

I wonder if it's an Arab thing cuz my hubbys the same way and I hate it!

Met: 2004-07-18

Islamic marriage: 2006-07-31

Marriage : 2008-12-27

Entry San Fran 2009-09-27

Hubby is HOME!!!!

Received SSN 2009-10-06

Received welcome letter 2009-10-10

GREEN CARD!!! 2009-10-13

Driver's License 2009-10-26

HUBBY FOUND A JOB!!! after about 4 months of being here :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Me too! I was never a yeller or fighter before, but now I have to be. It's an uncomfortable thing to get used to, but once I came to the realization that he isn't leaving just cause we fight, I let it fly! At least the longer he's here the less often we do it.

Got married : 6-3-06

I-130 delivered : 6-12-06 - Appt in Cairo

I-130 Approved : 4-18-08 - USCIS approval!!

Visa Interview Date : 6-22-08

Case sent to WADC: 8-6-08 - FBI check

Email From Embassy 1-09 - Still in AP (7 months)

19 DHL scans - 2-19-09

1-26-09 - Out of AP, now final review

2-26-09 - Visa in hand!

3-11-09 - POE JFK - Got stuck there due to immigration taking too long. They didn't change his visa from CR1 to IR1, have to go to immigration here to fix it.

3-12-09 - Arrived in Portland!!

5-29-2010 - Zane was born ** Absolute best day of my life!

6-7-2010 - Ahmed went back to Egypt

8-23-11 - Filed for divorce

1-12-12 - Divorce final

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Me too! I was never a yeller or fighter before, but now I have to be. It's an uncomfortable thing to get used to, but once I came to the realization that he isn't leaving just cause we fight, I let it fly! At least the longer he's here the less often we do it.

Tina, I hope you dont have to get used to yelling and fighting with your husband. He needs to chill out and relax. Life is too short to be fussing over Thanksgiving, a time for giving Thanks and celebrating. And Im sure he wont be happy once Christmas time comes and you want to be with your family to celebrate. One thing I hate, is men that control and manipulate women. Shame on them.

10407819_701840296558511_659086279075738

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

As I get used to yelling and fighting, he is calming down and not requiring it as much. It's a learning process. He's still learning, too, how this country works. He's getting there, one day at a time.

Yeah, shame on them. But we all compromise when we get married, one way or another. Women control and manipulate just as much as men do. I pick my battles, but I'm winning the war. :)

Got married : 6-3-06

I-130 delivered : 6-12-06 - Appt in Cairo

I-130 Approved : 4-18-08 - USCIS approval!!

Visa Interview Date : 6-22-08

Case sent to WADC: 8-6-08 - FBI check

Email From Embassy 1-09 - Still in AP (7 months)

19 DHL scans - 2-19-09

1-26-09 - Out of AP, now final review

2-26-09 - Visa in hand!

3-11-09 - POE JFK - Got stuck there due to immigration taking too long. They didn't change his visa from CR1 to IR1, have to go to immigration here to fix it.

3-12-09 - Arrived in Portland!!

5-29-2010 - Zane was born ** Absolute best day of my life!

6-7-2010 - Ahmed went back to Egypt

8-23-11 - Filed for divorce

1-12-12 - Divorce final

Timeline
As I get used to yelling and fighting, he is calming down and not requiring it as much. It's a learning process. He's still learning, too, how this country works. He's getting there, one day at a time.

Yeah, shame on them. But we all compromise when we get married, one way or another. Women control and manipulate just as much as men do. I pick my battles, but I'm winning the war. :)

:thumbs:

Hubby is HOME!!!!

Received SSN 2009-10-06

GREEN CARD!!! 2009-10-13

Timeline

:thumbs:

I just hate to hear women get "used" to yellings and fightings. I came from an abusive background, including watching the death of my mother... Not that my situation has to do with you, I hate to hear OR see women getting used to that #######...

10407819_701840296558511_659086279075738

Timeline

This thread needs more cowbell, er nasheed. Several versions of tala badru alayna

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qepB7vu9n8

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Today it's been one year since John has been Muslim :star:

ROC Timeline

8/1/12: ROC window opens
9/4/12: ROC packet sent
9/8/12: ROC packet delivered to VSC
9/12/12: Check cashed
9/14/12: NOA letter received (NOA dated 9/10/12)
9/20/12: Biometrics letter received (Bio appointment 10/15/12)
10/12/12: Early biometrics walk-in

4/27/13: RFE received

6/17/13: RFE response sent

7/1/13: ROC petition approved

7/5/13: GC received in the mail.

Timeline

Alhamdolilah!!!!!!

Hubby is HOME!!!!

Received SSN 2009-10-06

GREEN CARD!!! 2009-10-13

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Congrats...I'm sure he'll feel the full breadth of your faith when you all can be reunited. :star:

I can't wait till we are together already!!! :blush:

ROC Timeline

8/1/12: ROC window opens
9/4/12: ROC packet sent
9/8/12: ROC packet delivered to VSC
9/12/12: Check cashed
9/14/12: NOA letter received (NOA dated 9/10/12)
9/20/12: Biometrics letter received (Bio appointment 10/15/12)
10/12/12: Early biometrics walk-in

4/27/13: RFE received

6/17/13: RFE response sent

7/1/13: ROC petition approved

7/5/13: GC received in the mail.

Timeline

Mabrook to John :dance::dance::dance:

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Timeline

The Squeakster is fat, fuzzy and cuddly as always, thanks for asking :luv: She's really enjoying her new cat tree, but not enjoying her diet. I should have AbuS do my portion control, because she's losing more weight than me :lol:

100_2174.jpg

irhal.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.