nunyab

Muslims

2,650 posts in this topic

We have a new kitty at our house. Her name is Phoebe and she is a blue point siamese. Although, she looks very full bred I seriously doubt it. Mom's neighbor found her in a box in Walmart's parking lot. I feel sorry for her living with my little one. She's scared to death of him.

Zain and Nour would eat up a kitty right now. I thank god that Angus is so big and can just get up and walk away from the twins in their "hi puppy attack mode". A little puppy or kitty might not survive their "let me use u as a pillow" mentality right now! :lol: Although, Angus does jump into their play room and put himself in those situations...so...hmmm...I think he likes it! :devil:

Annie, do you still have that other dog?

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Filed: Timeline
We have a new kitty at our house. Her name is Phoebe and she is a blue point siamese. Although, she looks very full bred I seriously doubt it. Mom's neighbor found her in a box in Walmart's parking lot. I feel sorry for her living with my little one. She's scared to death of him.

Zain and Nour would eat up a kitty right now. I thank god that Angus is so big and can just get up and walk away from the twins in their "hi puppy attack mode". A little puppy or kitty might not survive their "let me use u as a pillow" mentality right now! :lol: Although, Angus does jump into their play room and put himself in those situations...so...hmmm...I think he likes it! :devil:

Annie, do you still have that other dog?

No :( We had to give Tika up to my gf (her 14 yr old wanted a dog and she was perfect). Angus was using her like a toy and we were afraid he'd crush her. He would chase her around playing like she was his size and then try to stop her w/ his big ole' paws. A few times she walked away almost limping and we decided it wasn't safe for her. I had her only upstairs with me (which is big enough) but she cried wanting to play with him and be around the house with us everywhere. It wasn't fair so we asked around w/ friends and found her a good home. She's in our development so Angus does have "dates" at the park every now and then. :devil:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
bump

say excuse me when you do that

7/21/08 I 129f K-1 app given to Siam Legal Lawyers office

8/3/08 K-1 I 129f Sent (Atty Ofc made mistake delayed app, we learned later)

8/14/08 NOA-1

1/23/09 RFE Color Passport Picture

1/29/09 RFE Color Pics sent

2/3/09 RFE Pics USCIS acknowledged

4/28/09 NOA-2

5/01/09 NVC Received

5/01/09 Left NVC

5/15/09 Embassy Sent Packet 3 (we did not receive-they have correct addresses)

6/19/09 Packet 3 to Embassy

6/28/09 Appointment (packet 4) never mailed, had to ask to get email-they've got correct addresses

7/23/09 Interview Scheduled for 7:00am (A YEAR AFTER SUBMISSION)!!!!!!!!!!! APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7/28/09 Pick up visa

8/11/09 She came to the USA with me!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Anyone here in USCIS Background investigation right now?????? i was told I am, and was told give it some time like 90 days. Many people who have filed before me have received their noa 2's....

I'm a previously divorced, now married muslim....

Married my love: 06/10/2009

I-130 Sent to CSC: 06/22/2009

I-130 NOA 1: 06/29/2009

I-130 NOA 2: 12/9/2009

I-130 NOA 2 Hardcopy Recieved: 12/15/2009

I-129F Sent to CSC: 07/07/2009

I-129F NOA1: 07/08/2009

I-129F NOA2: 12/9/2009

I-129F NOA2 Hardcopy Recieved: 12/15/2009

NVC Recieved I-130: 12/15/2009

NVC Recieved I-129F : 12/15/2009

Case #'s Assigned: 12/15/2009

NVC Sent I-129F Petiton to Embassy: 12/16/2009

DS-3032 E-Mail and Hardcopy Sent: 12/19/2009

I-864 AOS Fee Bill Generated: 12/21/2009

I-864 AOS Fee Bill Paid: 12/21/2009

K3: Interview Date Re-assigned to March 11, 2010.

Interview Result: Approved for Visa!

Visa Recieved via Courier: March 17, 2010

I-751 ROC

I-751 Sent: 04/14/2012

I-751 NOA: 04/16/2012

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

BUMPITY!

07/21/11 filed AOS off tourist visa

07/28/11 USCIS cashed check

07/30/11 Recieved NOA1 and Biometrics letter

08/24/2011 Biometrics

08/25/2011 RFE sent to us for some info we've already sent in

08/30/2011 sent in the rest of info USCIS asked for

09/13/2011 went to congressman's office to sign papers for expedite of work permit, due to financial hardship

09/15/2011 Work permit expedite approved!! He can finally find a job!

09/24/2011 work permit arrives

09/26/2011 Apply for social security number!

09/30/2011 Letter is sent for interview

11/07/2011 INTERVIEW!!!

Its 2012 and still no approval! Still waiting

01/27/2012 Letter sent stating that file was sent on for more review :(

9iad5hjppr.png

Timeline

Ok, here is a disscussion I don't know if it warrants a seperate thread or not. But as a convert, how and what do u do about celebrating holidays and birthdays and such?

08/24/2011 Biometrics

09/13/2011 went to congressman's office to sign papers for expedite of work permit, due to financial hardship

11/07/2011 INTERVIEW!!!

9iad5hjppr.png

Timeline

33 things...

….I am thankful for.

“Remember Me and I will remember you.” (2:152)

What do you say Alhamdulilah for? Big or small, trivial or profound, let’s hear it! If you’re reading this, I want you to think of 33 things you’re thankful for. If you’ve got a blog, write it and link back. If not, post it in the comments here. Let’s fill the muslim blogosphere with thanks, praise and dhikr of Allah (swt)!

(my list is at the link above)

Not just another inane internet meme!

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Timeline
Ok, here is a disscussion I don't know if it warrants a seperate thread or not. But as a convert, how and what do u do about celebrating holidays and birthdays and such?

We don't celebrate holidays that have a strong significance in another faith tradition. We do celebrate 4th of July (going to fireworks + picnic) and thanksgiving (with my family). For bdays and anniversaries, it's what's "typical" american - exchange gifts, eat cake, have a nice dinner, maybe go out and do something.

We also celebrate the 2 eids. I decorate, and we both (try) to take the day off from work. Go to eid prayers, have a nice breakfast at home afterwards and then do something special together.

irhal.jpg

Timeline

We don't celebrate holidays that have a strong significance in another faith tradition. We do celebrate 4th of July (going to fireworks + picnic) and thanksgiving (with my family). For bdays and anniversaries, it's what's "typical" american - exchange gifts, eat cake, have a nice dinner, maybe go out and do something.

We also celebrate the 2 eids. I decorate, and we both (try) to take the day off from work. Go to eid prayers, have a nice breakfast at home afterwards and then do something special together.

<----Although born Muslim, this is exactly what we do.

Blessed are the heart that can bend, they can never be broken - Albert Camus

Any comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished in any way without express written permission from 100% Al Ahly Fan.

Timeline

what about those who celebrated christmas as a christian? what do you do now, anything, or anything different?

08/24/2011 Biometrics

11/07/2011 INTERVIEW!!!

9iad5hjppr.png

Timeline
Hi Squeaky!! Long time and no see (F)

hello_wave.gif

Terrie re: christmas - no, we don't. If a holiday has a strong religious background (easter, christmas, valentines, halloween), and even if that meaning has been lost in the modern american landscape, it's not something I feel comfortable partaking in.

I heard good advice on this a few years back for converts. If you have family that wants you to share this holiday with them, make a compromise. Come the day after christmas for a special family meal and exchange gifts then. Also make other holidays BIG. Thanksgiving really is the big holiday for my extended family anyways, so it's good to make the most out of it then.

irhal.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

Salaam- I do the exact same for the holidays! I do get together with my Christian family for Christmas and there is still an exchanging of gifts. I just couldn't get my family to stop doing that for the kids and I. I try to downplay it and see it more as just a "year end" giving of gifts. What I find hard is making NEW traditions for my Islamic holidays as we do not have any family that is Muslim.

As for 33 things I am grateful for:

Allah-1st and foremost in my life; my wonderful SO and my children, LOVE--these things I am MOST grateful for; I could do without everything else.

...but to keep the list going, I am also grateful for:

laughter, sight, sense of taste, hearing, touch, family, a job, house, health insurance, compassion, health, seasons, abstract thinking, philosophy, good jokes, music that is inspirational, creativity, my cat, colors, memories, dreams of the future, payday Fridays, coffee with special cream, , hugs/kisses, apple pie, any pie, books, Coca-Cola (no Bebsi here!), lamb biryani with yogurt sauce ... and the list goes on and on...

alhamdullilah for the wonderful things in my life.

Thanks-I needed that today. :content:

Baj.

ah. the longing....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.