nunyab

Muslims

2,650 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline
ahmed gave our dog a bath tonight, ha he kept saying this is my first time to everrrrrrr do this. He did fine UNTIL out and she shook all over him (dont think he appreciated). He handles the dog ok most time but he couldnt manage the cats so they are gone.

See now that is something I can't wrap my human mind around...why cats are ok and dogs are not. Not for nothin' but half the time I see my cat she's licking certain areas that well you know..blech! So THAT is ok and halal but a chihuahua who is owned by my friend who's husband is so ocd that the dog has to have a bath after each time the poor thing pees or poops is not? :wacko::wacko::wacko:

His cat walked in the liter box and then on the kitchen countertops, he thought that was fine..... my chihuahua NEVER walked on the countertops... Chihuahua nice, cat nasty...

Filed: Timeline
ahmed gave our dog a bath tonight, ha he kept saying this is my first time to everrrrrrr do this. He did fine UNTIL out and she shook all over him (dont think he appreciated). He handles the dog ok most time but he couldnt manage the cats so they are gone.

See now that is something I can't wrap my human mind around...why cats are ok and dogs are not. Not for nothin' but half the time I see my cat she's licking certain areas that well you know..blech! So THAT is ok and halal but a chihuahua who is owned by my friend who's husband is so ocd that the dog has to have a bath after each time the poor thing pees or poops is not? :wacko::wacko::wacko:

His cat walked in the liter box and then on the kitchen countertops, he thought that was fine..... my chihuahua NEVER walked on the countertops... Chihuahua nice, cat nasty...

:rofl: They make fun of me at work because of saying something similar about cats vs. dogs but all I can think of is "poopy paws" and I go nuts. :P With our dogs they NEVER walk on countertops/furniture and our chihuahua mix needs to have a bath everytime she wakes up (well I think my husband just likes giving her one she's so little and the babies laugh at her all spazed out and soapy :devil: ). Angus loves outdoor baths too...he's a big baby plus my husband has some new gadget from PetSmart an autowasher thingy that sends out soap first then switch a button and does a "rinse" cycle and its the neatest invention to him...poor dogs are always getting washed. :D

Filed: Timeline

I do have a question about dogs though and wonder if anyone knows...

I remember my aunts in Jordan telling me (and it was quite a long time ago so I could be wrong) that it was the dogs nose that was an issue not saliva. I don't know why but thats what sticks in my head...odd I know. Go figure. Saliva, fur, tongues, etc...I figured I'd through in the nose. :D

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline

I remember my aunts in Jordan telling me (and it was quite a long time ago so I could be wrong) that it was the dogs nose that was an issue not saliva. I don't know why but thats what sticks in my head...odd I know. Go figure. Saliva, fur, tongues, etc...I figured I'd through in the nose. :D

Yep it's the wet nose... anything wet... nose, tongue, whatever... wetness from a dog is considered negasa. My ex actually quit the only job he could find after a year of hunting for work (after we were divorced and he had immigrated to Canada) because the owner had a dog and it would brush it's nose against his pant leg rendering him IMPURE and making it impossible for him to pray while he was working. (guess a few extra pairs of pants in the trunk didn't cross his mind... ) I used to crack up at how he turned into an acrobat every time a dog came walking down the sidewalk towards him diving and dodging to avoid THE NOSE of DOOM...

However a cat sleeping on HIS PILLOW (a long haired cat who spent 70% of the time OUTSIDE dusting the driveway with his tail...) was NO BIGGIE... EWWWWWWWWWWWWW we used to find tiny slugs on the cats belly that would get tangled up in his fur... but NO PROBLEM.... compared to a chihuahua's nose...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Yep it's the wet nose... anything wet... nose, tongue, whatever... wetness from a dog is considered negasa. My ex actually quit the only job he could find after a year of hunting for work (after we were divorced and he had immigrated to Canada) because the owner had a dog and it would brush it's nose against his pant leg rendering him IMPURE and making it impossible for him to pray while he was working. (guess a few extra pairs of pants in the trunk didn't cross his mind... ) I used to crack up at how he turned into an acrobat every time a dog came walking down the sidewalk towards him diving and dodging to avoid THE NOSE of DOOM...

However a cat sleeping on HIS PILLOW (a long haired cat who spent 70% of the time OUTSIDE dusting the driveway with his tail...) was NO BIGGIE... EWWWWWWWWWWWWW we used to find tiny slugs on the cats belly that would get tangled up in his fur... but NO PROBLEM.... compared to a chihuahua's nose...

Usama said it was the nose as well but when I told him that the nose didn't touch me he didn't believe me. I swear it didn't. I mean it's not like a big slobbering dog who gets his whole being up in your business it was a tiny little thing that only jumped on my lap and I held his leash so he wouldn't go flyin' out the car window as we were driving.

anyway I've decided just to wash the clothes separately from everything else and be done with it. He doesn't even know what I wore that day so I think it'll work. And I guess the fact that I never selected a madhab gets me off the hook since it's a debatable issue between the big four. :P

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

For those of you who had expressed interest in a study guide - I need a little help to know where you're at. Do you need/want basic information such as a) what is Islam, what are the major beliefs etc or something for in depth B) how to study Islam, studying the qu'ran and it's meaning, incorporating sunnah and hadith?

May 11 '09 - Case Approved 10 yr card in the mail

June - 10 yr card recieved

Feb. 19, 2010 - N-400 Application sent to Phoenix Lockbox

April 3, 2010 - Biometrics

May 17,2010 - Citizenship Test - Minneapolis, MN

July 16, 2010- Retest (writing portion)

October 13, 2010 - Oath Ceremony

Journey Complete!

s-age.png

s-age.png

Timeline

For those of you who had expressed interest in a study guide - I need a little help to know where you're at. Do you need/want basic information such as a) what is Islam, what are the major beliefs etc or something for in depth B) how to study Islam, studying the qu'ran and it's meaning, incorporating sunnah and hadith?

[/quote

I would say option B for me!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

All righty, I've almost got AbuS 100% committed to buying me some new abayas. So, I'm plotting and planning what to get. Here's the ones I like. My apologies for the size, but if you click on them, you can get them fullsized and see all the details better.

They're from Eastessence and quite cheap in the world of online abaya purchasing. I'm a bit worried about the quality, as they're so cheap, but an acquaintence recently ordered and was quite pleased with her purchases.

AJ74_Big.jpg

AJ72_Big.jpg

AJ64_Big.jpg

IMG_1087_Big.jpg

IMG_0977_Big.jpg

16_Big.jpg

AJ62_Big.jpg

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Timeline

I vote for 1 and 3 - Number 3 looks the most like your style :)

Journey Complete!

s-age.png

s-age.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Assalaamu Alayki, I really like 2, 3, 5 and 7. I think 5 is my favorite.

Blessed are the heart that can bend, they can never be broken - Albert Camus

Any comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished in any way without express written permission from 100% Al Ahly Fan.

Timeline

The thing with looking for those online is will it look the same on me, knowing I don't pile a pound of makeup on my face? I really think those woman would make a potato bag look appealing but that's just me. :whistle:

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Timeline

Alright so a question for those more wise than me on these matters;

Husband and I had a little debate the other night. I was watching this PBS show; http://www.pbs.org/weta/crossroads/about/show_mosque.html -

I really admire Asra Nomani as the woman she is having had the courage to stand up to and do/say things that maybe go against the norm. Also I entered Islam as a single mother, not having been married to my son's father and so a lot of things she went through I could understand. Anyway - part of this has to do with women's prayer spaces. Another woman I greatly admire is Dr. Ingrid Mattson president of ISNA. I personally know her very well and one of her big issues is having prayer spaces for women in mosques and not just tossing them in some dark closet in the back of the mosque. The episode really touches on the conflict of an "American mosque". Because for a lot of our community in the US the mosque is not the same space as it is in the ME. It's a community center, a school, and a safe place for Muslims to go for community and not just a place where men go to pray. This is lost on a lot of immigrants because they are not used to that.

So the real question came up with the issue of prayer, and the segregation of men and women. In this mosque women had to use the back door and where secluded - only later was it allowable for them to pray on the balcony of the mosque overhanging the main hall. My husband got so fired up that women would challenge the segregation, and why do they have to challenge that and that's what the Qu'ran says.....well I wasn't sure about that. So I dug out my Qu'ran and jee I couldn't find that it said that anywhere....so where is this coming from? To me, heck I don't want anyone looking at my backend while I'm praying but I am curious where this is coming from. Any englightenment?

Journey Complete!

s-age.png

s-age.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.