nunyab

Muslims

2,650 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

You're very welcome. Please remember me in your duas :)

I don't remember if I've mentione this previously, but this weekend is the fundraiser for Imam Siraj Wahaj. Imam Siraj has basically dedicated a significant portion of his life to traveling around the country, raising money for various masjids and organizations without asking for anything in return.

He was diagnosed with prostrate cancer last month and has over $100,000 in medical bills.

http://www.helpimamsiraj.com/

http://muslimmatters.org/2009/04/21/nasiha...m-siraj-wahhaj/

3388341053_ec0efc6e2e_b.jpg

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

How many days do you really have to wait after you have had a drink before you can start praying again? Succumbed to a kickass bottle of champagne with strawberries set on a table with a dozen roses last weekendl :star:

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
How many days do you really have to wait after you have had a drink before you can start praying again? Succumbed to a kickass bottle of champagne with strawberries set on a table with a dozen roses last weekendl :star:

Salamo Alaykum ~ 40 days

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I normally wouldn't post because of my lack of knowledge, but my husband told me that u can pray the next day as long as you are not under the influnce. 40 days seem like an awful lot!

07/21/11 filed AOS off tourist visa

07/28/11 USCIS cashed check

07/30/11 Recieved NOA1 and Biometrics letter

08/24/2011 Biometrics

08/25/2011 RFE sent to us for some info we've already sent in

08/30/2011 sent in the rest of info USCIS asked for

09/13/2011 went to congressman's office to sign papers for expedite of work permit, due to financial hardship

09/15/2011 Work permit expedite approved!! He can finally find a job!

09/24/2011 work permit arrives

09/26/2011 Apply for social security number!

09/30/2011 Letter is sent for interview

11/07/2011 INTERVIEW!!!

Its 2012 and still no approval! Still waiting

01/27/2012 Letter sent stating that file was sent on for more review :(

9iad5hjppr.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
I normally wouldn't post because of my lack of knowledge, but my husband told me that u can pray the next day as long as you are not under the influnce. 40 days seem like an awful lot!

Turia, please post more often....mashallah you're as important and vital as we all are. That was a very good question however I don't drink so I don't know the answer either :unsure:

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

An alcoholic cannot pray for 40 days, and if he repents, Allah will accept his prayers, [Tirmidhi, vol.2 pg.8]. But, the Quran says that after intoxication, one may pray again once they know what they are saying [Q 4:43]

You are not an alcoholic, doodle.

Edited by Barza Woman

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
An alcoholic cannot pray for 40 days, and if he repents, Allah will accept his prayers, [Tirmidhi, vol.2 pg.8]. But, the Quran says that after intoxication, one may pray again once they know what they are saying [Q 4:43]

You are not an alcoholic, doodle.

:unsure: I never thought I was an alcoholic. It was one bottle of champagne in I can't even remember how long.... thanks though!

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

It's my understanding that the hadith says simply "one who drinks wine," with nothing said about being an alcoholic or not.

Here's how I've seen it explained. Either:

A. One sincerely repents and their prayer is accepted, even before 40 days or

B. One sincerely repents and their prayer is accepted after 40 days.

But in either case, the obligation to pray is not removed. One still has to pray, even if they may not gain the rewards from it.

It's like make up fasting in Ramadan. If one intentionally breaks the fast, they still have to make up the fast and make repentance. They're not getting reward for that fast, but rather simply avoiding the punishment.

In the end, something everyone should make part of their habit is to make istighfar after every prayer. It is also related that he used to ask forgiveness at least 70 times each day. The Prophet (saws) used to say astaghfirullah 3 times after every prayer, and I know he sinned less then any one of us ever has :innocent: If the best of creation asks forgiveness after every salat, don't we have even more reason to?

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I have a question. I'm not Muslim. I don't know any converts personally so I figured that I would throw it out here. For all of you who converted, was it hard for you to adopt a whole new way of thinking about religion, especially after being raised Christians? How did you just stop believing everything that had been instilled on you? Was it hard to change your way of thinking and especially your views on Jesus?

BTW, I'm not bringing this up to stir the pot. I just genuinely would like to know how others feel.

Edited by Berber Mama

0nboVVg.jpg0nbom6.png

moAOm6.png

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline
It's my understanding that the hadith says simply "one who drinks wine," with nothing said about being an alcoholic or not.

It also doesn't specify a single haram incident, but references several, indicating habitual use.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.