PalestineMyHeart

Obama the Zionist

44 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
Why not?

Because it was the U.S. who broke the treaties it made to the Native American tribes - the stronger, more powerful side (U.S.) took advantage, not the other way around. To imply that the U.S. is somehow weaker than Iran or any other country in today's world would require an incredible imagination and suspension of disbelief.

Wanting to negotiate would make us look weaker.

Look? So that's why you think a 300lb lineman should accept a challenge to a fight with a 90lb kid because to decline would make him 'look' weak??? What an archaic understanding of power.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Why not?

Because it was the U.S. who broke the treaties it made to the Native American tribes - the stronger, more powerful side (U.S.) took advantage, not the other way around. To imply that the U.S. is somehow weaker than Iran or any other country in today's world would require an incredible imagination and suspension of disbelief.

Wanting to negotiate would make us look weaker.

Look? So that's why you think a 300lb lineman should accept a challenge to a fight with a 90lb kid because to decline would make him 'look' weak??? What an archaic understanding of power.

Size isn't everything. What if that 90lb kid is Bruce Lee? :lol:

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Why not?

not necessarily. the american public is very weak in regards to will - we can't support a long term war. happened in ww2, vietnam, iraq......

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline
Why not?

not necessarily. the american public is very weak in regards to will - we can't support a long term war. happened in ww2, vietnam, iraq......

The option to use military force is always there. Diplomacy doesn't negate that option, but looks to more peaceful means to achieve our goal, which ironically, is peaceful coexistence. Like I said, the days of the tough cowboy mentality will soon be over. Diplomacy can work as has worked in the past - you can't simply discount it as non-effective for all situations just as you can't discount war as non-effective either.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

A more peaceful means? Such as, let's sit down and talk, pass the peacepipe and sign a worthless treaty? For what?

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
You've missed out on about 500 years of progress.

and you've missed out on about 500 years of history.

rrrrright... the days of the neo-cons and their revisionist history are almost over...I'm counting the days.

surely you remember how well the native americans negotiated with the invaders and look at where they are today.

how about the incas? how about the eskimos?

negotiating from a position of weakness is always going to end in disaster.

You're also comparing treaties that were never meant to be respected. I don't think the victims had much legal/military recourse to correct the violations, right?

Besides all this crazy anti-Zionist talk... people... Obama lives across the street from a freaking Synagogue.

Wishing you ten-fold that which you wish upon all others.

Timeline

rrrrright... the days of the neo-cons and their revisionist history are almost over...I'm counting the days.

surely you remember how well the native americans negotiated with the invaders and look at where they are today.

You're also comparing treaties that were never meant to be respected. I don't think the victims had much legal/military recourse to correct the violations, right?

Besides all this crazy anti-Zionist talk... people... Obama lives across the street from a freaking Synagogue.

Neo-con foreign policy is about to end. :yes: The voters will put an end to this madness.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

oh so the treaties with the native americans were never meant to be respected? :whistle:

and yes, they did have military recourse - they went to war as you may recall, but they still lost.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline
I figured you probably missed this post...

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...t&p=1853744

No, I didn't. It had some very good points:

1.American Jews choose to back candidates largely on the basis of their stance on Israel.

2.To be strong on Israel, you have to be harsh to the Palestinians.

3.The Rev. John Hagee and his fellow Christian Zionists are good for the Jews.

4. Talking peace with your enemies demonstrates weakness.

5. George W. Bush is the best friend Israel has ever had.

I'd like to bring your attention to #4.

You say the article made some good points, but you are completely ignoring what the author actually said. You list the bullet points of what he called *myths,* deliberately editing out the body of each paragraph where he explained *why* they are myths. Naughty, naughty !

Specifically on #4, he says:

You don't need an advanced degree in international relations to recognize that pursuing peace only with people you like is pointless. Most Israelis know this; a recent poll in the Israeli newspaper Haaretz found that two-thirds of Israelis favor cease-fire negotiations between their government and Hamas, the Palestinian Islamist movement that controls the Gaza Strip, exactly because Hamas is such a bitter foe. But in Washington, we self-righteously refuse to engage -- even indirectly -- with Hamas, Iran or Syria.

Hamas won the most recent Palestinian national elections in a landslide. Do we seriously think that it can be erased from the political landscape simply by assassinations and sanctions? Precisely because Hamas and Iran represent the most worrisome strategic challenges to Israel, responsible friends of Israel who'd like to see it live in security for its next 60 years should be engaging with them to search for alternatives to war.

Now you may not agree with him, but don't try to misrepresent the piece as somehow supporting your premise. It doesn't.

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Timeline

oh so the treaties with the native americans were never meant to be respected? :whistle:

and yes, they did have military recourse - they went to war as you may recall, but they still lost.

Well, how many of those famous treaties were actually respected? I think that it may have been gullible of them to put trust in the US Government's intentions time after time... and yeah... they acted in arms to defend what was theirs... and the common belief among the prevalent American society was that "the savages" were at it again, right?

So... if these treaties had actual clauses that reparated (to the victimized parties' satisfaction, no doubt) upon treaty violation, how come the response was to act like the victimized parties were somehow wrong and savage to fight for their land rights?

Anyway... that is OTT.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
You say the article made some good points, but you are completely ignoring what the author actually said. You list the bullet points of what he called *myths,* deliberately editing out the body of each paragraph where he explained *why* they are myths. Naughty, naughty !

Yes, I am - thanks for noticing. :devil:

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Timeline

Well, how many of those famous treaties were actually respected? I think that it may have been gullible of them to put trust in the US Government's intentions time after time... and yeah... they acted in arms to defend what was theirs... and the common belief among the prevalent American society was that "the savages" were at it again, right?

So... if these treaties had actual clauses that reparated (to the victimized parties' satisfaction, no doubt) upon treaty violation, how come the response was to act like the victimized parties were somehow wrong and savage to fight for their land rights?

Anyway... that is OTT.

:blink:THEM?? THEY?? GULLIBLE?? :angry:

Blindsighted and forced is more accurate.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Timeline

Anyway... that is OTT.

:blink:THEM?? THEY?? GULLIBLE?? :angry:

Blindsighted and forced is more accurate.

No kidding... yet they were expected to be able to enforce the treaties they entered into in good faith... Jeez... Somehow I don't think that is what was all that publicly supported back in those days... go figure.

Timeline

Anyway, for the sake of my own sanity, :ot2:

kodasmall3.jpg