SpiritAlight

Don't you love it when...

874 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
Where is that list again? Where we had all the next weddings listed?

Needs to be updated now Sapphire is taking first place :lol:

It's in the Wedding Details thread. But... here's the list.

June 9, 2009 - SapphireDreams Civil wedding

July (?), 2009 - PopRocks

July 17, 2009 - July09Bride

August 6, 2009 - HuggleBuggles

September 5, 2009 - Chadlaure

October 10, 2009 - Minnew

November 14, 2009- Hapycloud

August 21, 2010- Krikit's daughter

September 4, 2010 - JillA

September 25, 2010 - SapphireDreams Church wedding

Thanks July!!

Wow we're jumping almost a year between Nov. 2009 for Hapycloud and Aug. 2010 for Krikit's daughter

When are the ones who got their interview in July getting married??

June 9, 2009 - SapphireDreams Civil wedding

July (?), 2009 - PopRocks

July 17, 2009 - July09Bride

August 6, 2009 - HuggleBuggles

September 5, 2009 - Chadlaure

October 10, 2009 - Minnew

November 14, 2009 - Hapycloud

June (?), 2010 - Kristin & TorontoGuy Ceremonial wedding

August 21, 2010 - Krikit's daughter

September 4, 2010 - JillA

September 25, 2010 - SapphireDreams Church wedding

That's all I could find... Kristin & TorontoGuy... none of the others have anything posted on their timelines.

I think there is Tom & Becky June 13th

K-1
Oct. 2, 2008 - Sent I-129F to CSC
May 12, 2009 - Interview - Approved
July 28, 2009 - Civil Wedding
Sep. 5, 2009 - Wedding

AOS
Aug. 10, 2009 - AOS/EAD/AP Package received in Chicago
Oct. 27, 2009 - Interview - APPROVED !!
Nov. 06, 2009 - Green Card Received

ROC
Aug. 13, 2011 - ROC Package sent to VSC
May 31, 2012 - ROC - APPROVED !!!
June 11, 2012 - Green Card Received

Naturalization
Mar 21, 2013 - N-400 Package sent to Lewisville,TX
Mar 22, 2013 - Package delivered
Mar 26, 2013 - NOA
Mar 27, 2013 - Check cashed
Apr 09, 2013 - Early Biometrics (Appt scheduled for April 18th)

Jul 10, 2013 - Interview - PASSED

Jul 26, 2013 - Oath Ceremony

Filed: Timeline
Whatever you do, don't order the fried mac and cheese balls! I did, and the other day read that it's one of the top ten worst foods in American Restaurants! You don't even want to know the cal count, LOL! Have fun!

We ordered the mac and cheese balls! OMG, they were so yummy. :lol: But we shared one plate between 5 of us, so I think we dodged the bullet.

I just spent my last day in a long distance relationship. He'll be here tomorrow to spend a week with my family and I then we're off to Colorado together! :)

Awwwwwwwwwwww. Have a wonderful time together, Huggles.

My fiance planned a surprise honeymoon for us in Vegas! We're getting married Tuesday morning and leaving for Vegas for 8 days Tuesday afternoon!

Yay!!

OMG, that's so exciting! What a wonderful surprise. That is awesome. I hope you're flying Southwest and he tells them ahead of time!

Don't you love it when you get to meet face to face with some of your Vj friends? Joe and I just had a lovely lunch with Bermycat (Catherine) and her husband Phil at one of our mutually favourite Indian restaurants, Swapna in North Atlanta. Good food, good conversation, good company - a most enjoyable get together:-). Catherine is just as nice in person as she is on line, too! (VBG!) and Phil is a sweetheart. They also make a great looking couple. Thanks Catherine - we will have to do this again!

Ohmygoodness, that's so great!

At this point one of the more elderly employees wanders over and asks where I thought I lost them. My answer is best described as vague. But he just nods and toddles off to a completely different area and returns five minutes later with my glasses.

Wow. That is awesome, Dora. Thank God for that. I was sitting here feeling terrible for you that you were out having a great time and then you wouldn't be able to see anything. :( I'm so glad he found them.

Congratulations on your PR card, Ant.

iagree.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
My fiance planned a surprise honeymoon for us in Vegas! We're getting married Tuesday morning and leaving for Vegas for 8 days Tuesday afternoon!

Yay!!

Seriously, that's so sweet! How adorable! I can't wait to see the pictures :dance:

Don't you love it when you get to meet face to face with some of your Vj friends? Joe and I just had a lovely lunch with Bermycat (Catherine) and her husband Phil at one of our mutually favourite Indian restaurants, Swapna in North Atlanta. Good food, good conversation, good company - a most enjoyable get together:-). Catherine is just as nice in person as she is on line, too! (VBG!) and Phil is a sweetheart. They also make a great looking couple. Thanks Catherine - we will have to do this again!

*blush*

It was wonderful meeting the two of you also. The first thing I said to Phil when we were walking to the car is "She's just as nice in person as she is online." :yes:

~ Catherine

Oh I love to hear about VJ meetups! That's so nice!

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Timeline

someone you've been helping is granted asylum in the US! :dance:

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

when your hubby sings to himself in the shower and the lyrics are "I love you my baby smush" :wub:

he does that a lot or he will be in the bathroom and he will just start singing my name over and over

Edited by Marilyn.
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
when your hubby sings to himself in the shower and the lyrics are "I love you my baby smush" :wub:

he does that a lot or he will be in the bathroom and he will just start singing my name over and over

wow my wife does that too--but she usually has a knife in her hand and stabbing a doll! She has such a weird way of showing her love!!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Bermuda
Timeline

After Phil explained to USAA that I was his wife and had reccently immigrated to the US, they gave me my own credit card even though their automatic system denied me. We have our car and renter's insurance with them also. They are really pleasant to deal with.

~ Catherine

Timeline

wow my wife does that too--but she usually has a knife in her hand and stabbing a doll! She has such a weird way of showing her love!!

he isn't singing in a menacing way :P

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

It is the LAST day of school! And, all you have to do is show up for one more 1/2 day, eat a lovely breakfast, stuff report cards, then you're OUT for summer!!! Love it!!! :)

Event Date

ROC

9/24/11 - Mailed I-751 packet to CSC

9/26/11 - NOA1 Receipt Date

9/28/11 - Check cashed

10/1/11 - NOA1 arrived in mail

3/19/12 - RFE

5/3/12 - RoC APPROVED!!!

Timeline

Hehe, your real name is 'Smush'? :whistle:

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline

I just wanted to share a sweet moment and you guys are making fun :P

that is one of the million and one nicknames he has for me... although he usually calls me smush pie ....

smush is our term for hugging/cuddling

and he actually says my name when he is singing it..:P like he will say "My Marilyn" over and over...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

:lol: HAHAHA

I just wanted to share a sweet moment and you guys are making fun :P

that is one of the million and one nicknames he has for me... although he usually calls me smush pie ....

smush is our term for hugging/cuddling

and he actually says my name when he is singing it.. :P like he will say "My Marilyn" over and over...

Awwwwwww I appreciate your husband Marilyn. How sweet.

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: Timeline
someone you've been helping is granted asylum in the US! :dance:

That's so nice. :)

It is the LAST day of school! And, all you have to do is show up for one more 1/2 day, eat a lovely breakfast, stuff report cards, then you're OUT for summer!!! Love it!!! :)

School's OUT

For

Summah!!!!

Have a great rest, July!

Hmm. Probably "rest" isn't the best word seeing you're doing the immigration thing and getting married. lol. Have a great break from the kids, July!

iagree.gif

I've had a wonderful visit with my daughter, family and friends, but was so happy to return home to hubby......

April 13, 2009 - Welcome to the USA letter rec'd. PRC to be rec'd within 3 weeks.

April 16, 2009 - 2 yr GC rec'd in mail.

March 2, 2011 - Mailed in I-751 to CSC

March 4, 2011 - I-751 delivered to CSC

March 4, 2011 - NOA issued

March 12, 2011 - NOA received

April 14, 2011 - BIO Appt 5/6/11

May 6, 2011 - BIO done in 10 minutes...no re-takes this time :)

June 27, 2011 - Email rec'd "Status - Approved"

July 1, 2011 - 10 yr GC arrived

Timeline
I've had a wonderful visit with my daughter, family and friends, but was so happy to return home to hubby......

awe.. see those are little victory moments.. love it.. :thumbs:

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.