SpiritAlight

Don't you love it when...

874 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
You're part of a group of people at work doing the "Biggest Winner" (an elementary teacher's version of "Biggest Loser" - her rationale, we don't want to be losers here! -- yeah, she teaches kindergarten) and you discover you've lost 17 pounds in about 7 weeks... without even really realizing it??!! :)

That's a little concerning. 17 lbs in 7 weeks is too much weight loss in too short of time. :(

so,so, they say 2lbs a week, and July has lost about 2.5 lbs/week on average. But it varies with people. (not saying Julybride is a large person,lol) but if your a very obese person, and you start working out, eating healthy, initially your going to loose more than 2 lbs a week. One wants to ensure you are eating healthy, and not starving urself. Good work July

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

You're part of a group of people at work doing the "Biggest Winner" (an elementary teacher's version of "Biggest Loser" - her rationale, we don't want to be losers here! -- yeah, she teaches kindergarten) and you discover you've lost 17 pounds in about 7 weeks... without even really realizing it??!! :)

That's a little concerning. 17 lbs in 7 weeks is too much weight loss in too short of time. :(

so,so, they say 2lbs a week, and July has lost about 2.5 lbs/week on average. But it varies with people. (not saying Julybride is a large person,lol) but if your a very obese person, and you start working out, eating healthy, initially your going to loose more than 2 lbs a week. One wants to ensure you are eating healthy, and not starving urself. Good work July

I wasn't in anyway trying to take away from Julybride's progress! Please dont' think that Julybride. flames, you brat! :angry:

I see a dietician and nutritionist regularly, and if you're dieting and exercising, they're telling me 1 - 1.5 a week is safe. And I'm an obese person. The pictures I've seen of Julybride don't show that she's obese at all, and her comment was "without even realizing it", which might suggest this is a little concerning.

carlahmsb4.gif

Timeline

true if one hasnt changed anything in their lifestyle ,and they are loosing weight, it should make one go hmmmm??? and possibly see ur Dr.

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline

I created a web page about my Great Great Grandfather and then several more pages on my other ancestors that were attached to it.

So yesterday I did a google search on his name and the page came up and I go there and it's still there! It was on my Shaw webspace and of course we cancelled our internet stuff when we left Calgary.

Anyway I am so pleased as with this version of Explorer you can save the webpage and it even puts the images in a separate folder within the folder :) Just means I don't have to get all the files off of my old computer and sift through the stuff etc etc :)

That's so sweet Trailmix.

Glad you found your work and history!

:star:

Don't you love it when:

CHIwhiterose.jpg

:D

SpiritAlight edits due to extreme lack of typing abilities. :)

You will do foolish things.

Do them with enthusiasm!!

Don't just do something. Sit there.

K1: Flew to the U.S. of A. – January 9th, 2008 (HELLO CHI-TOWN!!! I'm here.)

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

AOS: Mailed V-Day; received February 15th, 2007 – phew!

I-485 application transferred to CSC – March 12th, 2008

Travel/Work approval notices via email – April 23rd, 2008

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Funny-looking card arrives – September 6th, 2008 :)

Mailed request to remove conditions – July 7, 2010

Landed permanent resident approved – August 23rd, 2010

Second funny looking card arrives – August 31st, 2010

Over & out, Spirit

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Don't you love it when..........you're finally in ONEderland for the first time in about 12 years! YAY! I'm below 200 pounds! I guess all the work is paying off!

Oh....and your SSN comes in so you can finally get a job, and your husband can file taxes.

Ohh.....and you make some gluten free bread which tastes like heaven which is fantastic because you've been craving bread for so long!

Oh yeah...yesterday was a great day!

October 2006- Met Taktyx playing the World of Warcraft

I-129F

September 26, 2007- I-129F Package sent by courier to CSC

September 28, 2007- Received at CSC

October 29, 2007- NOA1 hardcopy arrives!

February 5, 2008- NOA2!

April 23, 2008- Medical

April 22, 2008- Interview!

April 26, 2008- POE Edmonton

June 5, 2008- Legal wedding

October 11, 2008- Wedding ceremony with family

AOS

December 6, 2008- AOS package mailed

December 8, 2008- Package received

December 15, 2008- Check cashed! WOOHOO!

December 22, 2008- All 3 NOA1's received

January 5, 2009- I-485 transferred to CSC. Here's hoping for no interview!

January 14, 2009- Biometrics

February 23, 2009- EAD and AP received in the mail, dated Feb 14th.

April 23, 2009- Welcome to the United States Letter arrives. Card to follow.

June 1, 2009- GC received in mail. Approval date 04/09/09

Done with USCIS until 04/2011!

WOW!!!

:star: :star: :star:

SpiritAlight edits due to extreme lack of typing abilities. :)

You will do foolish things.

Do them with enthusiasm!!

Don't just do something. Sit there.

K1: Flew to the U.S. of A. – January 9th, 2008 (HELLO CHI-TOWN!!! I'm here.)

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

AOS: Mailed V-Day; received February 15th, 2007 – phew!

I-485 application transferred to CSC – March 12th, 2008

Travel/Work approval notices via email – April 23rd, 2008

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Funny-looking card arrives – September 6th, 2008 :)

Mailed request to remove conditions – July 7, 2010

Landed permanent resident approved – August 23rd, 2010

Second funny looking card arrives – August 31st, 2010

Over & out, Spirit

You are visiting your fiance in the US and you find out by calling NVC today that your petition was received on Friday and sent to Vancouver on March 30th!!! We also found a church and reception venue that we really like, and now its just waiting on Pkt 3 and the interview date!! :dance::dance::dance:

AOS

Sent- 10-21-09

Tracking says Delivered by USPS-10-23-09

Check cashed-10-30-09 (MSC case # on back)

NOA 1 date-10-29-09 (Received Date 10-23-09)

Hard copy NOA - 11-02-09

Touch- 11-03-09

Received bio appt letter-11-07-09(dated 11-03-09)

Bio appt- 11-19-09

Transfer to CSC-11-18-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-19-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-20-09

Hard copy of transfer to CSC- 11-23-09

Touch on 485- 11-24-09 (now processing @ CSC email)

Touch on 485- 11-25-09

Touch on 485- 11-27-09

Touch on 485- 11-30-09

Touch on 485- 12-01-09

Touch on 485- 12-02-09

Touch on 485- 12-03-09

EAD/AP approved-12-18-09

EAD/AP touch- 12-21-09

GC APPROVED!!- 12-21-09

Notice mailed welcoming PR-12-21-09

2nd Card Production ordered email-12-22-09

Approval notice sent-12-28-09

GC arrived in the mail-01-05-10

Done with USCIS until September 14, 2011!!

ROC

Sent: 09-14-11

Received: 09-16-11

Check cashed: 09-21-11

y7nv8l5t.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

You go to do biometrics and there isn't a single person in line ahead of you.. the guys a bit of a punk who does the fingerprinting but you get in and out in under a few minutes! :dance: Painless!

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

My last day of work in Canada is bumped by 2 weeks!! I originally told my bosses I would stay until June 12th, but decided I needed to leave sooner, so I asked them if I could bump it up to May 29th and they were very understanding!! Now my move is seeming much sooner and real.

I am SO READY to move....

Now how to fit all of my belongings in 4 suitcases, HA.

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I wasn't in anyway trying to take away from Julybride's progress! Please dont' think that Julybride. flames, you brat! :angry:

I see a dietician and nutritionist regularly, and if you're dieting and exercising, they're telling me 1 - 1.5 a week is safe. And I'm an obese person. The pictures I've seen of Julybride don't show that she's obese at all, and her comment was "without even realizing it", which might suggest this is a little concerning.

LOL at the two of you! :) I've had some weeks where there's been more lost than others. In fact, I've already had a week where there was no weight loss at all. :( But, I keep plugging away at exercising and eating right. My hope is to get to a nice healthy weight and MAINTAIN!!!!!

BTW, Carla -- I hide it veryyyyyyy well!!!! ;)

Don't you love it when..........you're finally in ONEderland for the first time in about 12 years! YAY! I'm below 200 pounds! I guess all the work is paying off!

Oh....and your SSN comes in so you can finally get a job, and your husband can file taxes.

Ohh.....and you make some gluten free bread which tastes like heaven which is fantastic because you've been craving bread for so long!

Oh yeah...yesterday was a great day!

I can't wait to head into ONEderland, too!!! That's my goal by the wedding in July. If I'm not there... hopefully I'll be close! :thumbs:

Event Date

ROC

9/24/11 - Mailed I-751 packet to CSC

9/26/11 - NOA1 Receipt Date

9/28/11 - Check cashed

10/1/11 - NOA1 arrived in mail

3/19/12 - RFE

5/3/12 - RoC APPROVED!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hubby bought you a dress over a year ago in Singapore and you couldn't squeeze into it.. now after a couple of months of working out you can zip it up and actually can wear it to a wedding on Sat! :dance:

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

my hubby has been losing weight.. he hasn't really been trying but he is on his feet all day at work...

pretty soon he is going to be smaller then me.. I better get my act together :P

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.