nunyab

May 2008 Filers

1,029 posts in this topic

Hi ALL!!

for all CR1 vs K3 or both questions, pls direct them to STEVE, our resident expert in the field.. :lol:

even if he can't fly here until febuary, Rajaa, doesn't the visa have a 6 month validity? go for CR1. much better in the long run. same to you, cmnb. try to schedule your K3 interview like 2 - 3 months after approval so that you can pursue CR1.

most of the time, both will be approved at the same time. then both will go to NVC but K3 will then be sent to the embassy right away while the CR1 will stay and stew for a while at NVC.

I-130 Timeline:

5/13 : NOA1

7/21 : NOA2 - APPROVED!!!

NVC Timeline:

7/25 : Case # assigned

9/30 : Case completed!!!! (THANK YOU, LORD!!!)

10/03: Interview date assigned

US Embassy in Manila:

10/30 : Paid Document Verification (just to be on the safe side)

11/12 - 11/13 : Medical at SLEC

11/18: INTERVIEW DATE/MANILA EMBASSY/0630AM - VISA APPROVED!

11/20 : Visa in hand! (that was fast!)

11/30 : Flight to USA!

Life in America:

11/30 : POE:LAX

12/04 : SSN issued - 12/13: card received in the mail

12/04 : "Green Card" issued - 12/13: card received in the mail

NOVEMBER 30, 2010 : CR1 expires

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Jen I wish it would even GET to nvc !! not sure about the time line of the k3 visa i do know you have to do AOS quite quickly after they get here and then it's $1010 versus the CR1 at $400. Big difference for me right there.

So I got my letter from my employer... called for an operator last night and this morning but it keeps saying they're busy and the automated system says it's not there yet... been @ 13 days now.

Timeline

OK got through to an operator and it's still not there they said 2-4 weeks sooooooo i am waiting. Good news Steve you were right! I asked if we can move the consulates going CR1 she (Diana the operator at NVC) said i need to submit proof he is residing there to NVC. Now this poses another question... on his DS230 should i put his new address in Spain now or still morocco?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

With d transfers to CSC...any guesses on when can we expect our NOA2 from VSC......My hopefull estimate is Nov 2008.....:)

NOA1 May 09 2008

NOA2 Dec 18 2008

Case Complete Feb 03 2009

Medical Feb 16 2009

March 9th 2009.....Got my VISAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I-751 January 13 2011

Timeline
With d transfers to CSC...any guesses on when can we expect our NOA2 from VSC......My hopefull estimate is Nov 2008.....:)

i would hope any day now... but i have no idea... i thought my case would be at NVC by now but no such luck

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

i would hope any day now... but i have no idea... i thought my case would be at NVC by now but no such luck

rajaa - did u recieve the NOA2 in the mail? it shudnt be taking this long for ur file to reach NVC!

USCIS (Vermont Service Center) Journey

Mailed I-130 Packet on 05/27/08

Approved: 12/23/08

NVC Journey

NVC Case Number assigned 01/02/09

Case Completed 01/21/09

End of Visa Journey

New Delhi Embassy Interview 03/17/09

VISA APPROVED!!!!!

Timeline

Strange thing is i just went to the mailbox and got a hard copy it says (remember i want the cr1) not sure what it means... "Dear petitioner: The state Department's National Visa Center has recently received an apporved I-129 petition filed on behalf of your spouse. This letter is to let you know that wihin a week the petition will be forwarded to the visa-issue-post overseas that is responsible for processing visa cases originating n the country where you were married.

your spouse will soon receive a packet with instructions from th consular sectio on how to apply forthe K3 visa at that post and what documents will be required. For further information on the K3 visa process blah blah blah

What do you think??? but they can't fin my CR1?????

Rajaa

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Speak to an operator on the 129F. See what happened to it. Maybe they sent that letter to you by mistake?

"Haters are confused admirers, they can’t be or figure you out so negativity comes out [their] mouth.”

-Chad Ochocinco "85" - WR Cincinnati Bengals

hi VJ FAMILY! just got home.. miss you guys! i'm soo tired and i might end up sleeping in a few minutes, we'll see..

my case is still stuck over at NVC. they sent a checklist, stating that they are waiting for my IV fee :wacko: just have to call NVC in the morning and explain that i paid online, i suppose. maybe i will hear the magic words of "CASE COMPLETE" tomorrow.. it's been a week since i sent my DS-230..

I-130 Timeline:

NVC Timeline:

US Embassy in Manila:

Life in America:

Timeline

Welcome back Jen! Hope you had a great trip. My petition is at the review stage for I864 and ds230. Unfortunately, I overlooked one part that I got a checklist for from NVC. I didn't write my name on question 1 of the I864. I overnighted the form yesterday and hopefully will be delivered today and then back to waiting.....I was hoping to have my case completed by first or second week of September so that my husband could get an interview in October. Let's see what happens. The reason you may have gotten a checklist is because they received your I864 while back and now just received your ds230. So it may be a false RFE. You want to call NVC and clarify this. Good luck....once again, welcome back.

California Service Center:

05/09/08: Sent I-130

05/16/08: NOA1

07/23/08: NOA2

NVC :

07/29/08: NVC case received

09/05/08: CASE COMPLETED

Embassy:

10/20/08: Interview/VISA Approved

Timeline
Welcome back Jen! Hope you had a great trip. My petition is at the review stage for I864 and ds230. Unfortunately, I overlooked one part that I got a checklist for from NVC. I didn't write my name on question 1 of the I864. I overnighted the form yesterday and hopefully will be delivered today and then back to waiting.....I was hoping to have my case completed by first or second week of September so that my husband could get an interview in October. Let's see what happens. The reason you may have gotten a checklist is because they received your I864 while back and now just received your ds230. So it may be a false RFE. You want to call NVC and clarify this. Good luck....once again, welcome back.

Welcome back Jen!!!

KAHM - Can you please share the list of documents that u have sent along with DS-230, I-864 and DS-3032. I am in a process of collecting the same for my wife while i wait for USCIS to approve our file.

Thanks,

NVC Journey

Case Completed 01/21/09

End of Visa Journey

VISA APPROVED!!!!!

Timeline

Welcome back Jen!!!

KAHM - Can you please share the list of documents that u have sent along with DS-230, I-864 and DS-3032. I am in a process of collecting the same for my wife while i wait for USCIS to approve our file.

Thanks,

Hi cmnb,

I hope you get approved real soon!! While you are waiting for an approval, have your wife fill out the ds3032 form/sign and send it to you. After approval, once your petition has been assigned a NVC case number and the AOS fee bill and ds3032 have been generated, you will then send the ds3032 asap. I strongly suggest to send the e-mail and mail out a hard copy as the hard copy will be entered into their system sooner than an e-mail.

With I864 I sent....

Cover Letter

Barcoded Coversheet of online payment of AOS fee

2007 tax return

Copy of W2

Employment Letter

With ds230 I sent......

Cover Letter

Barcoded coversheet of online payment of IV Bill

Form ds230 parts 1 and 2 (Only Part 1 signed by the beneficiary)

Origianal PCC from the district the beneficiary resides in (Police Clearance Certificate)

Original PCC from the Passport Office (Government of India Ministry of External Affairs Passport Office)

Original Birth Certificate of the beneficiary (If in a foreign language send the origianl English version as well)

Origianl Marriage Certificate along with original Ceremony Certificate from the temple where the ceremony took place

2 2x2 photos of the beneficiary

Photocopy of the beneficiary's passport

Hope this helps.

California Service Center:

05/09/08: Sent I-130

05/16/08: NOA1

07/23/08: NOA2

NVC :

07/29/08: NVC case received

09/05/08: CASE COMPLETED

Embassy:

10/20/08: Interview/VISA Approved

Timeline

Welcome back Jen!!!

Thanks,

Hi cmnb,

I hope you get approved real soon!! While you are waiting for an approval, have your wife fill out the ds3032 form/sign and send it to you. After approval, once your petition has been assigned a NVC case number and the AOS fee bill and ds3032 have been generated, you will then send the ds3032 asap. I strongly suggest to send the e-mail and mail out a hard copy as the hard copy will be entered into their system sooner than an e-mail.

With I864 I sent....

Cover Letter

Barcoded Coversheet of online payment of AOS fee

2007 tax return

Copy of W2

Employment Letter

With ds230 I sent......

Cover Letter

Barcoded coversheet of online payment of IV Bill

Form ds230 parts 1 and 2 (Only Part 1 signed by the beneficiary)

Origianal PCC from the district the beneficiary resides in (Police Clearance Certificate)

Original PCC from the Passport Office (Government of India Ministry of External Affairs Passport Office)

Original Birth Certificate of the beneficiary (If in a foreign language send the origianl English version as well)

Origianl Marriage Certificate along with original Ceremony Certificate from the temple where the ceremony took place

2 2x2 photos of the beneficiary

Photocopy of the beneficiary's passport

Hope this helps.

KAHM, my wife and I are working on obtaining all of these right now...at this time we are only missing a PCC from delhi and an employment letter from my employer ( i am waiting for this because i am supposed to get a raise this month and i will get it soon after my new salary is reflected)...the rest we already have in possession....so hopefully NVC comes soon........

thanks a lot for ur reply...

NVC Journey

Case Completed 01/21/09

End of Visa Journey

VISA APPROVED!!!!!

thanks for the welcome, guys!

i called NVC earlier this morning. they said that the IV bill is showing as paid but that the DS-230 is still under review.. it's been a week already.. hurry up! hehehe.. just kidding..

so that letter was because i paid the IV bill online on the same day they sent the letter. or something like that. false RFE.

i'm kinda hoping for an october interview too, KAHM. october or september will be ok. that gives me time to accrue PTO from work so that i can go to the interview with him.. i already told him to start packing his things.. :lol:

I-130 Timeline:

NVC Timeline:

US Embassy in Manila:

Life in America:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.