nunyab

May 2008 Filers

1,029 posts in this topic

i hope i'll be able to check my email at work tonight.. i'm kinda nervous too!

how was the new job, Raj? nway, i really have to get ready but i can't seem to leave the computer! hahaha! but i gotta go.. or else i'm going to be late!

will let you know if THAT WAS THE TOUCH OF ALL TOUCHES!! :dance:

I-130 Timeline:

5/13 : NOA1

7/21 : NOA2 - APPROVED!!!

NVC Timeline:

7/25 : Case # assigned

9/30 : Case completed!!!! (THANK YOU, LORD!!!)

10/03: Interview date assigned

US Embassy in Manila:

10/30 : Paid Document Verification (just to be on the safe side)

11/12 - 11/13 : Medical at SLEC

11/18: INTERVIEW DATE/MANILA EMBASSY/0630AM - VISA APPROVED!

11/20 : Visa in hand! (that was fast!)

11/30 : Flight to USA!

Life in America:

11/30 : POE:LAX

12/04 : SSN issued - 12/13: card received in the mail

12/04 : "Green Card" issued - 12/13: card received in the mail

NOVEMBER 30, 2010 : CR1 expires

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

how was the new job, Raj? nway, i really have to get ready but i can't seem to leave the computer! hahaha! but i gotta go.. or else i'm going to be late!

Yeah please let me know.. i checked our case and nothing :crying: ... good luck my friend and I hope all the best at work for you and your case.

My first day??? Way cool just went to corporate office filled out paperwork ( I already had printed and filled out, freaked her out that I was so prepared... something about VJ makes a person better I think lol) and met my new boss and they said to take the rest of the day off...lol and yes I am still getting paid. Good thing (only thing good) about being salary :whistle:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

thirdsjen,

i have a feeling your case will be out of USCIS by second-third week of september. hey guess what july is almost over..lets see if i made a good guess....(although i sure hope that this touch is the touch of all touches :) )

after USCIS, you can push ur case to be out of NVC in another 6 weeks and then the final interview. i hope all works out for all us.

vermont seemed to move and now they are on their regular tone of going back to sleep...lets wait and watch...

thanks,

USCIS (Vermont Service Center) Journey

Mailed I-130 Packet on 05/27/08

Approved: 12/23/08

NVC Journey

NVC Case Number assigned 01/02/09

Case Completed 01/21/09

End of Visa Journey

New Delhi Embassy Interview 03/17/09

VISA APPROVED!!!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline

good luck thirdsjen, keep us updated :)

I-30 JOURNEY

5-21-2008: NOA1

12-18-2008: NOA2

12-29-2008: NVC received Case/Case # assigned

1-5-2009: DS-3032/AOS Fee Bill Generateed

1-8-2009: Emailed DS-3032

1-12-2009: Paid AOS Bill

1-13-2009: AOS shows PAID

1-13-2009: DS-3032 Accepted

1-13-2009: IV Bill Generated

1-13-2009: IV Bill Paid

1-14-2009: IV Bill shows PAID

1-20-2009: Sent AOS Packet

1-21-2009: Sent IV Packet

1-23-2009: NVC scanned both AOS/IV

1-29-2009: CASE COMPLETE

3-02-2009: First Medical

3-09-2009: Second Medical (Albania requires 2)

3-11-2009: INTERVIEW (PASSED!!!)

3-13-2009: Received VISA!!!

I received the hard copy last Sat. I hope everyone else receive their approval notice soon.

05/01/08 - Mailed I-130

05/04/08- I-130 delivered

05/08/08 - NOA1

05/09/08 - check cashed

05/15/08 - touched

07/14/08 - I-130 approval email notice received

07/19/08 - received NOA2 hard copy

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hey Rajaa, sorry could not respond to your posts. If you ask me, a single meeting with my husband is like 10 Eids all at the same time....(I guess I am too sentimental) but it sounds fabulous. I wish you a safe and wonderful journey.

Jen...I received a touch too yesterday...on both my new and old petitions. The have apparently brought my older Approved petition back to USCIS for review. Only they'd know whats happening. Lets hope this is going to get smooth from here....oh please please please God.

Congrats on the NOA2 hardcopy Nightsurf. Keep a track on NVC now.

My Timeline

I-130:

Sent: May 19th 2008

NOA2: July 21st 2008

NVC

Received: July 24th 2008

Case completed: August 13th 2008

Interview: October 7th 2008

Green card received: January 20th 2009

I-751

Sent: October 6th 2010

Approval: January 28th 2011

Green Card received: February 3rd 2011

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
Hey Rajaa, sorry could not respond to your posts. If you ask me, a single meeting with my husband is like 10 Eids all at the same time....(I guess I am too sentimental) but it sounds fabulous. I wish you a safe and wonderful journey.

Jen...I received a touch too yesterday...on both my new and old petitions. The have apparently brought my older Approved petition back to USCIS for review. Only they'd know whats happening. Lets hope this is going to get smooth from here....oh please please please God.

I am getting excited for all of you... but I looked at mine and nothing :crying: I wish there was at least a touch but i'll leave it to Allah for the right timing and the right "touch" :blush: Anyway getting ready for work now.

S_AL we got our NAO1's the same day and at the same service center....uuuuggghhhhhh!!!!!

I wish you all an exciting day.

Thirds Jen I hope to see something when I get back about you...

Rajaa

Edited by Rajaa_Reda

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I am getting excited for all of you... but I looked at mine and nothing :crying: I wish there was at least a touch but i'll leave it to Allah for the right timing and the right "touch" :blush: Anyway getting ready for work now.

S_AL we got our NAO1's the same day and at the same service center....uuuuggghhhhhh!!!!!

Rajaa

Rajaa please do not worry. This touch I received could be related to the request my husband made for an expedite after two bombs exploded near my house earlier this month. About 50 people were injured and one died after strings of bombs that blew in my area and other busy places around it. It was horrifying. I do not know if this touch was a general touch or a requested one as the e-mail I had received yesterday about my other petition said there was a request for it to be reviewed. I do not know but I can tell you, seeing the speed at which CSC is working, InshaAllaah something positive will happen for us soon. Don't loose hope as Rajaa means Hope and longing if I am not wrong.

Regards,

Sara.

My Timeline

I-130:

Sent: May 19th 2008

NOA2: July 21st 2008

NVC

Received: July 24th 2008

Case completed: August 13th 2008

Interview: October 7th 2008

Green card received: January 20th 2009

I-751

Sent: October 6th 2010

Approval: January 28th 2011

Green Card received: February 3rd 2011

well, it didn't appear to be the TOUCH OF ALL TOUCHES.. how disappointing. BUT, at least it was looked at. maybe they didn't like my pictures! :crying: :crying:

SARA! are you okay???

I-130 Timeline:

NVC Timeline:

US Embassy in Manila:

Life in America:

Timeline

Rajaa

Rajaa please do not worry. This touch I received could be related to the request my husband made for an expedite after two bombs exploded near my house earlier this month. About 50 people were injured and one died after strings of bombs that blew in my area and other busy places around it. It was horrifying. I do not know if this touch was a general touch or a requested one as the e-mail I had received yesterday about my other petition said there was a request for it to be reviewed. I do not know but I can tell you, seeing the speed at which CSC is working, InshaAllaah something positive will happen for us soon. Don't loose hope as Rajaa means Hope and longing if I am not wrong.

Regards,

Sara.

sara,

i hope you are safe....i will keep you and your family in my prayers...god bless!

regards,

NVC Journey

Case Completed 01/21/09

End of Visa Journey

VISA APPROVED!!!!!

ok, i have a question. might have been answered somewhere else but i'm just too lazy to research..

you have to send in the beneficiary's original/certified copy of the birth certificate with the AOS (affidavit of support), correct? but i already sent that in with my I-130 petition.. that doesn't count, does it? so, get another certified copy?

better ask now and get an answer, that way when i get to the philippines we can get another copy and take it back with me

I-130 Timeline:

NVC Timeline:

US Embassy in Manila:

Life in America:

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

Hello all,

Add me to May 2008 filers.

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Chennai, India

Marriage : 2008-04-28

I-130 Sent : 2007-05-20

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-05-24

I actually did not receive the hardcopy of NOA1. I had to call 3 times to have them resend it (as of last week). But I can check my case status online!

Timeline
ok, i have a question. might have been answered somewhere else but i'm just too lazy to research..

you have to send in the beneficiary's original/certified copy of the birth certificate with the AOS (affidavit of support), correct? but i already sent that in with my I-130 petition.. that doesn't count, does it? so, get another certified copy?

better ask now and get an answer, that way when i get to the philippines we can get another copy and take it back with me

jen, i dont think your spouse's birth certificate was needed with your I-130 application. even if u did, u shud just have sent a copy....well if u can get a certified copy to NVC, u shud b fine...i think...

NVC Journey

Case Completed 01/21/09

End of Visa Journey

VISA APPROVED!!!!!

jen, i dont think your spouse's birth certificate was needed with your I-130 application. even if u did, u shud just have sent a copy....well if u can get a certified copy to NVC, u shud b fine...i think...

yeah, i know it wasn't needed but i think i "overthought," if there's such a word, on that too much and sent in unnecessary things. darn me!

so even if i had sent that certified copy to USCIS, the required certified copy for NVC still needs to be sent even though it is already with my file?

am i making sense?

I-130 Timeline:

NVC Timeline:

US Embassy in Manila:

Life in America:

Hello all,

Add me to May 2008 filers.

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Chennai, India

Marriage : 2008-04-28

I-130 Sent : 2007-05-20

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-05-24

I actually did not receive the hardcopy of NOA1. I had to call 3 times to have them resend it (as of last week). But I can check my case status online!

ok falcon, you are in! :thumbs:

I-130 Timeline:

NVC Timeline:

US Embassy in Manila:

Life in America:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.