nunyab

May 2008 Filers

1,029 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

by the way, the service center is vermont.

USCIS (Vermont Service Center) Journey

Mailed I-130 Packet on 05/27/08

Approved: 12/23/08

NVC Journey

NVC Case Number assigned 01/02/09

Case Completed 01/21/09

End of Visa Journey

New Delhi Embassy Interview 03/17/09

VISA APPROVED!!!!!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

everytime the date under the UPDATED column changes, that means it was "touched." But you need your case number first in order to see anything, cmnb. well, just wait for your NOA1 then find it on the USCIS website, add it to your portfolio and see what the last UPDATED date is..

congrats on your baby, shiri.. babies are always blessings

I-130 Timeline:

5/13 : NOA1

7/21 : NOA2 - APPROVED!!!

NVC Timeline:

7/25 : Case # assigned

9/30 : Case completed!!!! (THANK YOU, LORD!!!)

10/03: Interview date assigned

US Embassy in Manila:

10/30 : Paid Document Verification (just to be on the safe side)

11/12 - 11/13 : Medical at SLEC

11/18: INTERVIEW DATE/MANILA EMBASSY/0630AM - VISA APPROVED!

11/20 : Visa in hand! (that was fast!)

11/30 : Flight to USA!

Life in America:

11/30 : POE:LAX

12/04 : SSN issued - 12/13: card received in the mail

12/04 : "Green Card" issued - 12/13: card received in the mail

NOVEMBER 30, 2010 : CR1 expires

Timeline
everytime the date under the UPDATED column changes, that means it was "touched." But you need your case number first in order to see anything, cmnb. well, just wait for your NOA1 then find it on the USCIS website, add it to your portfolio and see what the last UPDATED date is..

i figured out my case number from the check and signed up online..the case was last updated on 06/10..

NVC Journey

Case Completed 01/21/09

End of Visa Journey

VISA APPROVED!!!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Thank you! :D We are excited about him too! We just hope his daddy will be able to make the trip to visit for the birth!

zachsmile2ym1.jpg

Married 3/15/07

USCIS:

NOA1: 5/23/2008

NOA2: 9/12/2008

NVC:

They received: 9/24/2008

Case Complete: 12/1/2008

Interview: 03/24/2009

Received approved visa (after RFE in interview): 04/21/2009

Timeline

i figured out my case number from the check and signed up online..the case was last updated on 06/10..

cmnb,

Congratulations! It's great to hear good news from you. The touch on 6/10 means that this is the day your case was entered into their system....

California Service Center:

05/09/08: Sent I-130

05/16/08: NOA1

07/23/08: NOA2

NVC :

07/29/08: NVC case received

09/05/08: CASE COMPLETED

Embassy:

10/20/08: Interview/VISA Approved

Timeline

cmnb,

Congratulations! It's great to hear good news from you. The touch on 6/10 means that this is the day your case was entered into their system....

thanks KAHM, the file was touched again today :)

NVC Journey

Case Completed 01/21/09

End of Visa Journey

VISA APPROVED!!!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Congratulations cmnb on receiving the NOA1. Hope it goes smoothy from here on wards.

Guys just wondering...is a 'falling apart' marriage grounds for filing for an expedite with the USCIS?

My Timeline

I-130:

Sent: May 19th 2008

NOA2: July 21st 2008

NVC

Received: July 24th 2008

Case completed: August 13th 2008

Interview: October 7th 2008

Green card received: January 20th 2009

I-751

Sent: October 6th 2010

Approval: January 28th 2011

Green Card received: February 3rd 2011

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
Congratulations cmnb on receiving the NOA1. Hope it goes smoothy from here on wards.

Guys just wondering...is a 'falling apart' marriage grounds for filing for an expedite with the USCIS?

I am sorry that is even a consideration for you.... but I am not sure it is. I swear that is half the "test" to see if we can make it....

S_AL_ we got our NAO1's the same day.... I would like to be in the "done fast" group...

Timeline

Rajaa while on the one hand its comforting to know that I am not the only one going through that feeling of sadness and on the other it seems like a long..long...really long time since things have moved in any direction for me. Your path has changed from mine now as you've sent your I-129F. I had checked the K-3 timelines in my country and it all sucks...especially this Administrative Process threat. Now it sure seems like a huge test of nerves and when you too young to be patient, it gets worse. Allaah knows. I do not know how to deal with this process anymore to be honest. Sorry everyone else, I do not mean to bring you down with this post but I am getting impatient now :angry:

A good friend here applied for her H-4 visa which a non-immigrant visa for the spouse of the person having an H-1 (working visa) and she had her interview back in February. They sent her back with a blue slip asking for more documents and the embassy has kept her passport. Since then she hasn't heard from the Consular officer and when she called the embassy she was informed that they have not reached a decision yet. Its frightful.

My Timeline

I-130:

NVC

I-751

Timeline
Rajaa while on the one hand its comforting to know that I am not the only one going through that feeling of sadness and on the other it seems like a long..long...really long time since things have moved in any direction for me. Your path has changed from mine now as you've sent your I-129F. I had checked the K-3 timelines in my country and it all sucks...especially this Administrative Process threat. Now it sure seems like a huge test of nerves and when you too young to be patient, it gets worse. Allaah knows. I do not know how to deal with this process anymore to be honest. Sorry everyone else, I do not mean to bring you down with this post but I am getting impatient now :angry:

A good friend here applied for her H-4 visa which a non-immigrant visa for the spouse of the person having an H-1 (working visa) and she had her interview back in February. They sent her back with a blue slip asking for more documents and the embassy has kept her passport. Since then she hasn't heard from the Consular officer and when she called the embassy she was informed that they have not reached a decision yet. Its frightful.

S_AL_ - folks here have always been very supporting and they are the ones who could best relate to you. i would suggest talking to someone who has done K-3/CR-1 process from pakistan recently and see what they have to provide to you as feedback. i am just a little skeptical about the timelines that VJ offers. i am not sure what the source of this information is. but....just hang in there....things will move on..

here are my timelines:

05/27/08-sent I-130 packet to chicago lockbox

05/29/08 - received in Chiacago

06/09/08 - check cashed, case recieved an pending, and was able to view case online

06/10/08 - case updated

06/11/08 - case updated

06/12/08 - case updated

xx/xx/xx - received hard copy of NOA1

i am not sure if the date that displays in the "last updated" column is the same as what a lot of people call "touched"? can anyone please clarify...thanks.

NVC Journey

Case Completed 01/21/09

End of Visa Journey

VISA APPROVED!!!!!

Timeline

CMNB I really appreciate your post. Sadly I do not know anyone else going through this immigration process here. Those who are at the forum are hard to locate. Most are stuck in AP and others have already gone through it or waiting for approval.

You can shift your timeline to the 'signature' section on the MY CONTROL page. Then your timeline will appear like the rest of us. You can adjust font size and color there and update it accordingly.

Yes the change in date under the Last Updated part is what one refers to as a touch. Now that your check has just been cashed, they are probably shifting your petition to your service center. All the best to you and everyone else.

Regards,

Sara.

My Timeline

I-130:

NVC

I-751

Timeline

Received NOA1 for I-129F today. The notice date on NOA1 is for June 6, 2008.

I am leaving for India today and will be back in a month or so. I wish everyone good luck and pray to THE CREATOR of this universe to comfort us in our difficult times.

VSC

5/22/2008 - I-130 | 5/30/2008 - NOA1 | 1/22/2009 - NOA2

NVC

2/25/2009 - case completed

4/6/2009 - interview

4/21/2009 - POE/ Washington Dulles Airport

Timeline

I am leaving for India today and will be back in a month or so. I wish everyone good luck and pray to THE CREATOR of this universe to comfort us in our difficult times.

mindmaster,

Have a great trip to India. I am praying as well for speedy approvals for all of us....

California Service Center:

05/09/08: Sent I-130

05/16/08: NOA1

07/23/08: NOA2

NVC :

07/29/08: NVC case received

09/05/08: CASE COMPLETED

Embassy:

10/20/08: Interview/VISA Approved

Timeline

mindmaster,

Have a great trip to India. I am praying as well for speedy approvals for all of us....

mindmaster - enjoy the hot weather in india :lol: hopefully you will see some approvals upon your return...good luck!

NVC Journey

Case Completed 01/21/09

End of Visa Journey

VISA APPROVED!!!!!

Timeline

mindmaster,

mindmaster - enjoy the hot weather in india :lol: hopefully you will see some approvals upon your return...good luck!

Aimen!

My Timeline

I-130:

NVC

I-751

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.