nunyab

May 2008 Filers

1,029 posts in this topic

did the same thing.. put "NONE" there too. my NOA1 notice date was 13 days after.. so don't worry about it. but then in the back of my mind there is that nagging thought that maybe i should have put something there?? #######.. didn't follow the VJ guide as i didn't know about VJ then..

im in a bad mood.. the Lakers lost... :angry:

I-130 Timeline:

5/13 : NOA1

7/21 : NOA2 - APPROVED!!!

NVC Timeline:

7/25 : Case # assigned

9/30 : Case completed!!!! (THANK YOU, LORD!!!)

10/03: Interview date assigned

US Embassy in Manila:

10/30 : Paid Document Verification (just to be on the safe side)

11/12 - 11/13 : Medical at SLEC

11/18: INTERVIEW DATE/MANILA EMBASSY/0630AM - VISA APPROVED!

11/20 : Visa in hand! (that was fast!)

11/30 : Flight to USA!

Life in America:

11/30 : POE:LAX

12/04 : SSN issued - 12/13: card received in the mail

12/04 : "Green Card" issued - 12/13: card received in the mail

NOVEMBER 30, 2010 : CR1 expires

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
hi guys,

i think i have made a tiny mistake on my form I-130. i dont know if this is a tiny mistake or a blunder. on question 17, i listed none instead of writing my name as the husband. do you think that would cause an issue?

i am worried :-(

Question 17 (Information about your alien relative (continued)) if you are the petitioner (husband) than you should put your wife name here and not yours. In my opinion if you put your name here then i think the beneficiary name on NOA1 would be your and not your wife. I mentioned it my earlier post about this typo on a vj sample I-130. Some people have mentioned that the beneficiary name on NOA1 were reversed. I think it is due to the fact that they followed vj sample I-130.

I was about to make this mistake too but upon a close scrutiny I read "Information about your alien relative (continued) several times to clear my reasoning that it is about beneficiary and not about the petitioner information.

My advise is to give 15 days for NOA1 to arrive and see who the beneficiary is. And stop worrying it does not solve any things. Keep yourself calm and explore your options.

Sorry to hear about your case.

Mindmaster,

I believe you are wrong. It clearly states : 17. List husband/wife and all children of your relative.

Or else, Since the PETITIONER is the one filling out this form, That question is asking for the husband/wife and all children of the relative of the petitioner.

So in conclusion, here you should put the petitioners name as wife or husband and all children of the beneficiary.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

INTERVIEW

02-17-09 Received Interview Letter

03-16-09 Medical and Laboratory Exam

03-17-09 Interview Date

03-17-09 VISA APPROVED

03-24-09 VISA RECEIVED

03-26-09 ARRIVED TO (POE) ORLANDO, FLORIDA

04-10-09 Received Welcome Letter (USCIS)

04-16-09 Received Green Card

05-12-09 Received SSN

05-12-09 Applied for License

05-20-09 Received License

I-751

12-23-2010 Sent I-751 Package to Vermont

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

That question number and half of the second page of the I-130 is a continuation of Section "C" Information on your alien relative....in our cases the beneficiary. In a sense they are asking for information on the beneficiary who you identified as the alien relative on page one Section C, Question #1. So for "US" filing for our spouses, it's asking who is the husband/wife of your spouse? When I answered this questions I put my first middle last names followed by "(the petitioner)" and then the other information. She doesn't have children so only my informaiton was there.

"Haters are confused admirers, they can’t be or figure you out so negativity comes out [their] mouth.”

-Chad Ochocinco "85" - WR Cincinnati Bengals

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
That question number and half of the second page of the I-130 is a continuation of Section "C" Information on your alien relative....in our cases the beneficiary. In a sense they are asking for information on the beneficiary who you identified as the alien relative on page one Section C, Question #1. So for "US" filing for our spouses, it's asking who is the husband/wife of your spouse? When I answered this questions I put my first middle last names followed by "(the petitioner)" and then the other information. She doesn't have children so only my informaiton was there.

I did the same...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I did the same...

i called USCIS this morning to find out why i havent still received NOA1. they said i should allow atleast 30 days for processing. i also asked them about question 17 and got the response that my name should have appeared there. the lady on the phone said that me ommiting or making an error on this information would not cause an issue but if it was an issue i would be contacted regarding the error. i told her that i would rather do things correctly at this time rather than going 2-3 months down the road and causing problems for myself. she agreed. i asked if i should send in a letter stating the error and requesting a fix. she said i could do that too.

although she did not quite make any suggestions but i pose this question to the forum. should i:

1. forget about the error and only worry about it if contacted by USCIS

2. send in a new I-130 application form with the fix

3. just send a letter outlining the error, and apologize for the mistake

please advise.

Thanks for your input everyone....

USCIS (Vermont Service Center) Journey

Mailed I-130 Packet on 05/27/08

Approved: 12/23/08

NVC Journey

NVC Case Number assigned 01/02/09

Case Completed 01/21/09

End of Visa Journey

New Delhi Embassy Interview 03/17/09

VISA APPROVED!!!!!

Timeline

The thing to look out for in your NOA is for the beneficiary name. If the beneficiary name is correct in your NOA then I think question 17 should not slow the process.

VSC

5/22/2008 - I-130 | 5/30/2008 - NOA1 | 1/22/2009 - NOA2

NVC

2/25/2009 - case completed

4/6/2009 - interview

4/21/2009 - POE/ Washington Dulles Airport

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
The thing to look out for in your NOA is for the beneficiary name. If the beneficiary name is correct in your NOA then I think question 17 should not slow the process.

mindmaster

Just happened to read your previous post about a question on I-130. Sorry to hear you had trouble understanding it. As this petition is designed to be filed by a US citizen or Green card holder therefore any mention of an 'Alien Relative' refers to anyone OUTSIDE the US. I am afraid you have messed it up if you have put the beneficiary's name there instead of yours.

Please correct this so no one else stays doubtful about these terms.

Alien Relative = Person being sponsored by the US Citizen/Green card holder

My Timeline

I-130:

Sent: May 19th 2008

NOA2: July 21st 2008

NVC

Received: July 24th 2008

Case completed: August 13th 2008

Interview: October 7th 2008

Green card received: January 20th 2009

I-751

Sent: October 6th 2010

Approval: January 28th 2011

Green Card received: February 3rd 2011

Timeline

mindmaster

Just happened to read your previous post about a question on I-130. Sorry to hear you had trouble understanding it. As this petition is designed to be filed by a US citizen or Green card holder therefore any mention of an 'Alien Relative' refers to anyone OUTSIDE the US. I am afraid you have messed it up if you have put the beneficiary's name there instead of yours.

Thanks for the advise. Since I have a receipt number I think I could change this information by writing a letter to Vermont Service Center where my case is pending.

VSC

NVC

4/6/2009 - interview

Timeline

mindmaster

Thanks for the advise. Since I have a receipt number I think I could change this information by writing a letter to Vermont Service Center where my case is pending.

I think I am going to do the same once i get the NOA1. I will just write a letter explaining the error and my intent of providing the correct info. I think it would be better than sending a whole new I-130 form.

thirdsjen - I think you should consider correcting this info as well.

NVC Journey

Case Completed 01/21/09

End of Visa Journey

VISA APPROVED!!!!!

Timeline

Touched Again -- 06/05/2008 I130 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN

VSC

NVC

4/6/2009 - interview

Timeline

mindmaster

Hi S_AL,

I wrote my husband's name under question 17 as well and not mine (the petitioner). Would you know what the outcome can be for entering my husband's name. What will USCIS do, return the petition for correction? My NOA1 is dated May 16th. I wonder how many people make an error on answering this question...

California Service Center:

05/09/08: Sent I-130

05/16/08: NOA1

07/23/08: NOA2

NVC :

07/29/08: NVC case received

09/05/08: CASE COMPLETED

Embassy:

10/20/08: Interview/VISA Approved

Timeline

KAHM,

I had called USCIS earlier this morning to see what the implications would be for providing incorrect information on this question. I was told that it would not cause an issue. The only part that is consoling to me is that I have provided all the correct information in the G-325a form for myself and my wife. Also all the supporting documents indicate that she is my wife and we have an ongoing relationship(my marriage certificate, our joint accounts, affidavits). I think this should cover me. To be on a safer side I am going to write a letter to USCIS, after i recieve my NOA, indicating that the error was due to my inability to understand the question correctly and that I hereby intend to correct my mistake after i reviewed the form again. I think that should cover it. What do you think?

....lol..its funny how theres only 3 folks from India on this forum and how all three of us misunderstood this question....lets just take it easy, all is going to be well (atleast hoping it would be) lets see...

cheers!

NVC Journey

Case Completed 01/21/09

End of Visa Journey

VISA APPROVED!!!!!

mindmaster

I think I am going to do the same once i get the NOA1. I will just write a letter explaining the error and my intent of providing the correct info. I think it would be better than sending a whole new I-130 form.

aww.. you guys! #######.. what should I say in the letter? hey cmnb, i'm not from India and I misunderstood it.. hahaha! most of the time I am filling out the forms, I am almost always tired and sleepy. So i guess i missed the boat on that one.. duh.. :huh:

and everyone is sending in their I-129F's except me!! you guys!...

Edited by thirdsjen

I-130 Timeline:

NVC Timeline:

US Embassy in Manila:

Life in America:

Timeline

mindmaster

aww.. you guys! #######.. what should I say in the letter?

thirdsjen,

i called the number today and i was given a very generic answer since i did not have a case number. i suggest u call them and ask them how this situation should be handled. the reason i wud write a letter is because filling out the i-130 form again would cause confusion. but certainly, call and check with them as to what the best course of action is...i wud certainly appreciate if you could let us know what they said...

regards.

NVC Journey

Case Completed 01/21/09

End of Visa Journey

VISA APPROVED!!!!!

hahahaha.. so you are going to make ME call! :lol: alright. i'll try to call right now and see if anybody will talk to me.. then i have to get ready for work..

i think it shouldn't matter.. #######.. i think :bonk:

BTW, who the heck do i talk to?

Edited by thirdsjen

I-130 Timeline:

NVC Timeline:

US Embassy in Manila:

Life in America:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.