afsalim

Travel from Egypt

43 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
i had stamp in my passport that i am not needed anymore by the milatiry

How did you get the permission that you are not needed anymore by the military?

Ahmed went and they would not give him that exemption.

They said even though he is an only son, his father is still under 60 and could have another son.

His birthday is in July and he turns 30, but they would not give him the exemption.

I wonder if it depends on where you go in Egypt and what official you deal with and what their mood is for the day.

Just like the one way and round trip..............some people are given a hard time at the airport and others are not.

This is in Egypt.

From everything that I have read, you only need a one-way ticket for a K-1 visa. However in Egypt,

things are always unpredictable. Some have been asked to get a round trip after they were at the airport and others go fine on a one way.

I suggest avoiding EgyptAir as they tend to cause more problems.........I don't know if they don't understand the K-1 or what.

We are still deciding what to do but the military did not give him an exemption.

We still haven't gotten the visa yet, but once he has that, then he has to go and get permission to travel stamp in his passport.

I have never seen a country with so much red tape, waiting in lines, and beauracracy............Ahmed has been through so much to get the paperwork he has needed.

They told him they needed his sister's birth certificate. Then, he had to get that.

Then when he came back, they wanted his Dad's ID.

He got mad at that and said.........what will it be next?

Then, he waited another hour and they told him to go to another town in 2 weeks to get the military paper.

That's when they wouldn't give him the exemption.

I think every case is so individual...........unfortunately.

If you love me, then I have everything I need

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

That is just beyond crazy!

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Thanks for all of u ; I think that i will do as Mohamed ISA and buy a one way ticket at least untill i goes to the airport.

Lynn the millatery exemption stamp it isn't debending just on the age but also on under what condition u r delayed for example as ur Ahmed because he is the only son he can't take the final exemption stamp before he is over 30 or his dad being over 60 which is came first. and for some othser luky persons if they just delayed from the millatery for the first 3 years "that given by the millatery it self with no roles for it; just ur luck" they then take the stamp directly after the 3 years regardless how much they age r?

Timeline

Thanks for clearing that up, Afsalim.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline
i had stamp in my passport that i am not needed anymore by the milatiry

How did you get the permission that you are not needed anymore by the military?

Ahmed went and they would not give him that exemption.

They said even though he is an only son, his father is still under 60 and could have another son.

His birthday is in July and he turns 30, but they would not give him the exemption.

I wonder if it depends on where you go in Egypt and what official you deal with and what their mood is for the day.

Just like the one way and round trip..............some people are given a hard time at the airport and others are not.

This is in Egypt.

From everything that I have read, you only need a one-way ticket for a K-1 visa. However in Egypt,

things are always unpredictable. Some have been asked to get a round trip after they were at the airport and others go fine on a one way.

I suggest avoiding EgyptAir as they tend to cause more problems.........I don't know if they don't understand the K-1 or what.

We are still deciding what to do but the military did not give him an exemption.

We still haven't gotten the visa yet, but once he has that, then he has to go and get permission to travel stamp in his passport.

I have never seen a country with so much red tape, waiting in lines, and beauracracy............Ahmed has been through so much to get the paperwork he has needed.

They told him they needed his sister's birth certificate. Then, he had to get that.

Then when he came back, they wanted his Dad's ID.

He got mad at that and said.........what will it be next?

Then, he waited another hour and they told him to go to another town in 2 weeks to get the military paper.

That's when they wouldn't give him the exemption.

I think every case is so individual...........unfortunately.

thats the rules in Egypt and i am now in usa and i think it is not much better than Egypt in rules :innocent:

yes he cant take that stamp just when he turn 30 or his dad become 60

Thanks for all of u ; I think that i will do as Mohamed ISA and buy a one way ticket at least untill i goes to the airport.

Lynn the millatery exemption stamp it isn't debending just on the age but also on under what condition u r delayed for example as ur Ahmed because he is the only son he can't take the final exemption stamp before he is over 30 or his dad being over 60 which is came first. and for some othser luky persons if they just delayed from the millatery for the first 3 years "that given by the millatery it self with no roles for it; just ur luck" they then take the stamp directly after the 3 years regardless how much they age r?

yes afsalim and inshaAllah he wont have any problems with that at the airport just make sure he take with him extra money . and you are right about the milaitry thing :thumbs:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Egypt air didnot give me hard time at all . it was very easy and helpful poeple .

the mess was here at JFK with Delta air line . they kept us at the plane 3 hours not flying just sitting there!!! :huh::huh:

and another thing Egypt air is non stop flight so he wont have to worry about transit visa and if it is the first time to fly will be better to be non stop and Egypt air is the only company non-stop

another more important thing that Jfk will give him EAD valid for 3 months so he can work through this 3 months be4 he file for AOS.

Timeline

I still am confused.....maybe because of the translation?

Are you saying that the military can decide to give the exemption after a male waits for 3 years for military service?

I am not understanding this.

Now I am more confused than ever.

And what in the heck is a transit visa? I have never had that before in my life with all my traveling.

Edited by LynnandAhmed

Timeline

Okay.........I looked up transit visa on the net so now I am less ignorant. There are transit visas and airport transit visas.

Egyptians do not need an airport transit visa for France, Germany, Britain and Italy......I didn't look up any other countries.

It's not a problem, especially if you have a US Visa stamped in your passport..........guess the traveler

is considered like a US citizen.

With travelers from Iran, Syria, Somolia, Libya, Iraq, etc...........it's a different story.

Edited by LynnandAhmed

Filed: Timeline

I believe if your fiance has all his confirmed flights within 24 hours from airport to airport your fiance travels, that he would NOT need a transit visa. (You can search on the site here people have answered this question before and typically these type of flights you do not leave the transfer areas..however read the other posts on here, lots of helpful information.)

Personally, I do not like EgyptAir and avoid flying them. I prefer British Airways when flying to Egypt. I can fly directly from my city in the US to London to Cairo and never have to touch my bags till I arrive to my home city or Cairo. I had a bad experience with lost luggage with EgyptAir and that is just my personal experience. Also, their planes smelled like cigarettes to me, older models...made me a bit nervous...(I was pregnant so smells were much stronger for me! LOL)

Timeline

My advice is to buy your ticket just as Mohamed did at a travel agent, not Egypt Air directly. When my husband bought one at Egypt Air they made him get a two way ticket because his visa in his passport expired in 6 months or less. (This was their excuse). He is 37, the only son, his father passed away and was over 60 and he had the military stamp in his passport. So the only difference I can explain is buying it from the actual Egypt Air office. I would try to do exactly as Mohamed did and bring extra money...around $4-500.00 (equalling American Dollars) with you to the airport to buy the extra ticket if harassed. This is the actual difference that he had to pay to get the second trip. Egypt Air sucks on refunds and the left hand doesn't know what the right hand does. I have called at least 25x in a month and never can get a solid answer regarding his refund. Best wishes!!!!!!!

Timeline

Mohamed - Where do you go to get the stamp in your passport for the military? As Tarek will need to do this too....thanks so much...and thank you everyone for all this information!!

“Hold on to the center and make up your mind to rejoice in this paradise called life.” ~ Lao-tzu

4374690_bodyshot_175x233_1205371236499.gif4572850_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Timeline

I still am confused.....maybe because of the translation?

Are you saying that the military can decide to give the exemption after a male waits for 3 years for military service?

I am not understanding this.

Now I am more confused than ever.

And what in the heck is a transit visa? I have never had that before in my life with all my traveling.

ok Lynn to not be confused it's too long to descripe all the Egyptian millatery services to you but i will give u as examble the roles for the high graduated males " Bacholer degree"

first u have to know that every male have to produce him self to the millatery services when he is 18 year old ; but if he still studing his colleage or university will make him a delay by default untill he finish his undergatuated degree with no effort from him.

now when he graduated he should produce himself to the millatery services which could make one of three actions

1st take him as a soldger for one year service

2nd take him as an officer for three year service

3rd if he is lucky they will give hime a delay for a three year

this actions isn't an options it's just as the millatery want

then for the 1st and 2nd action after they finished they will be under contact to the age of 35 as i remember and they couldn't take the exemption stamp before this age

but for the 3rd one after they finished the three years delay in most cases they will take a certificate that they are not required for the millatery and then they can have the eximption stamp directly aftes this certificate regardless what is ther age.

by the way if u r out of the country they will not bring u back

hopefully u r not more confused

Regards

Timeline

That's a great explanation for us, Afsalim! I don't think anyone ever mentioned this in such detail as you have. :thumbs:

kodasmall3.jpg

Timeline
My advice is to buy your ticket just as Mohamed did at a travel agent, not Egypt Air directly. When my husband bought one at Egypt Air they made him get a two way ticket because his visa in his passport expired in 6 months or less. (This was their excuse). He is 37, the only son, his father passed away and was over 60 and he had the military stamp in his passport. So the only difference I can explain is buying it from the actual Egypt Air office. I would try to do exactly as Mohamed did and bring extra money...around $4-500.00 (equalling American Dollars) with you to the airport to buy the extra ticket if harassed. This is the actual difference that he had to pay to get the second trip. Egypt Air sucks on refunds and the left hand doesn't know what the right hand does. I have called at least 25x in a month and never can get a solid answer regarding his refund. Best wishes!!!!!!!

Sounds like you had everything going for you to have a one way work........and then he still had to buy a round trip

with Egypt Air. Like I have said before, I think it's Egypt Air. The right hand doesn't know what the left hand

is doing. So it takes 400 to 500 dollars to buy the way back? So, Ahmed should buy a one way that goes

through France, Italy, Germany or Britain and then goes direct to San Francisco and not use Egypt Air, right?

Then, he probably will be able to go fine with them......I seem to think that the other airlines understand

K-1 Visa well.

And from what I have read, JFK airport, doesn't always give you the Employment Authorization Stamp for 3 months. Even when you have it, you have to stop working in 3 months until you get your work permit. Most employers

don't like to hire someone, knowing that you might have to quit in 3 months. And who likes to lie?

San Francisco is an awesome airport for international arrivals........I would like him to come direct from France

like I did. It was a piece of cake!

And thanks for the info about the military......... for Ahmed, he is a college graduate, an only son,

2 months away from being 30 and they wouldn't give him the exemption. Hopefully, he can still get a one way.

We may gamble and try it, but not with EgyptAir. I think the airlines are suppose to see the K-1 Visa stamp and know

that they don't need a return ticket........

Edited by LynnandAhmed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.