mohamed and trina

christians and muslims

48 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
Married women in Islam don't flirt though, what does this tell us?

Really?

You don't know the women I do ;)

Oh goodness, here we go, "married woman in islam dont flirt" :wacko:

What planet are you on.

and guess what, muslim woman poop too. :bonk:

No one is better than another, we are all human!!

:o well, you just shattered the image I had ;)

Scott - So. California, Lai - Hong Kong

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fagm.gif3dflagsdotcom_chchk_2fagm.gif

Our timeline:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showuser=1032

Our Photos

http://www.amazon.ofoto.com/I.jsp?c=7mj8fg...=0&y=x7fhak

http://www.amazon.ofoto.com/BrowsePhotos.j...z8zadq&Ux=1

Optimist: "The glass is half full."

Pessimist: "The glass is half empty."

Scott: "I didn't order this!!!"

"Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God." - Ruth 1:16

"Losing faith in Humanity, one person at a time."

"Do not put your trust in princes, in mortal men, who cannot save." - Ps 146:3

cool.gif

IMG_6283c.jpg

Vicky >^..^< She came, she loved, and was loved. 1989-07/07/2007

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I think you guys just proved a point...with your veering off topic like this.

The point being that to a lot of people religion is a VERY touchie subject. This is where you and your fiance' need to decide what you value most.

While Mark and I do not agree about everything in the religious sense, we do agree on several things such as making it our daily goal to be the best we can be, try our hardest, help those in need whenever possible, accept that we are not perfect and accept that others are not as well, we do our best to forgive others, and just basically be a good person.

Maybe it is easier for us because I grew up having friends and other family members that were of different faiths. I have looked into many different faiths and am fascinated by their different beliefs. I was lucky enough to meet a girl at work who is Muslim. She was very shy at first to tell me but when she saw that I was not going to judge her or treat her any different she started to open up and talk about the way they practice their religion.

She has a loving family. And no, her father did not have more than one wife. He father and mother have a very loving relationship and she always talked about her younger sister with such love and caring. Had she not told me I would have not known she is Muslim.

I would think the world would be a much better place if we could stop making "religion" the focus for a change and focus on goodness, kindness, and love. Yah, kinda mushy and some may say not realistic, still I hold out hope. And for all those die hard Christians (and yes I am Christian and a practicing one at that) I just want to remind you of the verses where it says "judge not, that you be not judged. For with the judgment that you pronounce you will be judged, and the measure you give will be the measure you get" and "And the Lord make you to increase and abound in love one toward another, and toward all men, even as we do toward you"

So let us stop do our best to stop judging someone based on their religion, and just try to be good to one another, loving, and accepting that we are all different and that is what makes us so special.

I think a marriage between a Muslim and Christian can work as long as you take into account the person behind the religion, and that you are open and honest and upfront about your expectations. That you discuss how you would raise your children, girls and boys. Then again... that is what everyone should be doing no matter what faith they are.

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : London UK

I-129F Sent : 2008-02-08

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-02-11

*Touched* : 2008-07-17

*Touched* : 2008-07-18

*Touched* : 2008-07-23

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : Website says its been APPROVED!!! 2008-07-31

NOA2 recieved in mail: 2008-08-07

NVC Received :

NVC Left :

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date : October 9th APPROVED!!!

Visa Received : October 11th

US Entry : October 11th

Marriage :October 15th