Hannah+Vito

May 08 k1 filers ~ CSC

2,522 posts in this topic

Timeline
i can't believe that only one couple was approved from thurs/fri, i keep having to talk myself out of posting a thread asking if anyone was approved on those days

:innocent: i just wanna know if they were working and on what dates. :unsure:

I dont think they'll do much for the coming week, but will do a whole bunch the following week. Thats how it was Memorial Day and 4th of July weeks

:angry: i mean seriously how many b@@##@y holidays does your country need and why do they have to take more than that day off for them. :angry: was hoping they would get to 1st of may this coming week. this is unfair if they dont hurry up i wont have my nvc number for when Vitos here. :crying:

even i have to work on our national holidays. well except xmas day and boxing day. but i work the rest, and bank holidays. :angry:

Dont look at me. I have had 5 days off in the last 18 years and they were for surgery. I have worked at least part of every other day. I think holidays are a big waste of time myself. I do think we'll most likely be approved this month (sept) though

I get one official day off a year and that is Xmas. Other than that I get one day off for every 7 days I am on the road.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
I swear, some days it feels like this process will never end. I cannot believe how poorly the US govt is run. I'm glad our kids are going to hold dual citzenship. My pride in being American is gravely wounded. I wonder, are all govts so poorly run?

Yes every country has a bureaucracy. Some are way worse but I doubt any are better. I learned about this way back in my military days and when I married once before 23 years ago.

I want all to remember this when the next time the Socialized medicine debate comes up. One fifth of the United states economy is the medical part and the government getting their greedy hands on that slice of the pie to control is scary. The bureaucracy from that is mind numbing. Most of the people I have talked with in the past about this that are for it has never really had to go through the Government for things and has no idea what a bureaucracy is like really and when I explain it they look at me like, "No way."

I swear, some days it feels like this process will never end. I cannot believe how poorly the US govt is run. I'm glad our kids are going to hold dual citzenship. My pride in being American is gravely wounded. I wonder, are all govts so poorly run?

Yes every country has a bureaucracy. Some are way worse but I doubt any are better. I learned about this way back in my military days and when I married once before 23 years ago.

I want all to remember this when the next time the Socialized medicine debate comes up. One fifth of the United states economy is the medical part and the government getting their greedy hands on that slice of the pie to control is scary. The bureaucracy from that is mind numbing. Most of the people I have talked with in the past about this that are for it has never really had to go through the Government for things and has no idea what a bureaucracy is like really and when I explain it they look at me like, "No way."

huh? :huh: are you talking about nationalising the health sector? cos its not too bad here though it do eshave its problems, but then so does privatising it completely. theres only so much in the pot to spread around for everyone, but not everyone can pay for their own. :no: either way its a win and loose both ways situation :unsure:

Homer Sez:

Increase your wordiness,

Boudoir:

Where a French guy does it.

Our full time line is in our story on our profile.

K1

04-30-2008.......I-129F POSTED

05-01-2008....NOA1 (Touched 05-04-2008, Touched 04-07-2008)

09-23-2008....NOA2 Approved(See below for receipt of actual NOA2 and update in the USCIS System***)

01-13-2009....INTERVIEW (APPROVED)

02-18-2009....POE (LAX)

04-09-2009....WEDDING

AOS

06-12-2009.....AOS,EAD and AP Fedexed.

06-15-2009.....Signed for by J.CHYBA

06-18-2009.....NOA1 dated for AOS/AP/EAD

06-19-2009.....Check cleared

06-23-2009.....Touched AOS/EAD/AP

07-20-2009.....phoned helpline to report no biometrics appointment sent, Service request generated.

07-25-2009.....Recieved biometrics notice (generated on the 22nd june) for the 08-19-2009.

07-30-2009.....Did early walk in biometrics.

07-31-2009.....Touched AOS/EAD

08-06-2009.....Generated interview notice(received 08/10/09)

08-10-2009.....EAD/AP Approved

08-19-2009.....***NOA2 (Finally received after 6 Phone calls, 11 months late) :)

09-09-2009.....Aos interview.(APPROVED)first card production email

09-12-2009.....Welcome Notice Received.

event.png

rmq4qx3kup.png

I think the problem with private health care is lawyers. Constant lawsuits are the reason private insurance is so expensive. I'm not for gov health care, I'm for getting the ambulance chasers under wraps. Do that, and private health care will be the best way. I'm no expert though, thats just my 2 cents

oh god ! just remebered they still wont be in work tomorrow. :crying: but on the flip sidelooking at otherswho actually updated (one person ) and who posted they approved (2 people the person that updated and the one who didnt even after reminder) it looks like they were working on thursday and friday and they are at 21st - 25th april. :unsure: could they perhaps be working of 1st of may on tuesday when they get bk? :unsure: prob not. but i'm hoping :innocent:

Homer Sez:

Increase your wordiness,

Boudoir:

K1

09-23-2008....NOA2 Approved(See below for receipt of actual NOA2 and update in the USCIS System***)

02-18-2009....POE (LAX)

04-09-2009....WEDDING

AOS

07-20-2009.....phoned helpline to report no biometrics appointment sent, Service request generated.

07-25-2009.....Recieved biometrics notice (generated on the 22nd june) for the 08-19-2009.

08-19-2009.....***NOA2 (Finally received after 6 Phone calls, 11 months late) :)

event.png

rmq4qx3kup.png

Timeline

huh? :huh: are you talking about nationalising the health sector? cos its not too bad here though it do eshave its problems, but then so does privatising it completely. theres only so much in the pot to spread around for everyone, but not everyone can pay for their own. :no: either way its a win and loose both ways situation :unsure:

That is definitely not what I here from all from your very own country. In fact from any country with socialized medicine for that fact. It is a huge bureacracy that had usual been a hindrance to getting anything more than basic health care.

Has anyone here had to wait for what seems ages to get a simple request done? Then has some here gotten a request for more info that held things up even more? For something rediculous? Has any had to jump through hoops to get the government to do what should be a simple matter?

This matter we are all here for is something that is very simple and easy but a huge bureaucracy has control of. To me as a Anerican citizen, if I am a good citizen and can pass a background check and want to marry someone from another country that can pass a background check then what is the problem with that? Also I understand they need to be checked for horrible disease that can decimate the population but a simple medicla can find that out.

Give us our loves and allow us to continue our lives. We need no Big brother as we are grown adults.

That is definitely not what I here from all from your very own country. In fact from any country with socialized medicine for that fact. It is a huge bureacracy that had usual been a hindrance to getting anything more than basic health care.

Has anyone here had to wait for what seems ages to get a simple request done? Then has some here gotten a request for more info that held things up even more? For something rediculous? Has any had to jump through hoops to get the government to do what should be a simple matter?

This matter we are all here for is something that is very simple and easy but a huge bureaucracy has control of. To me as a Anerican citizen, if I am a good citizen and can pass a background check and want to marry someone from another country that can pass a background check then what is the problem with that? Also I understand they need to be checked for horrible disease that can decimate the population but a simple medicla can find that out.

Give us our loves and allow us to continue our lives. We need no Big brother as we are grown adults.

yeh its not perfect, yeh you can't allways have what you need yeh other people decide who gets what, but at the end of they day, i could not afford to pay health insurance, and i dont pay much tax or our version os ssn because i earn very little but i still get treatment. when i was seven i had to have emergency operation on an abdominal hernia and i'm pretty sure that my parents would not have afforded health insurance then either if it was neccersary, those who can afford it can still go private, but when it comes to emergency, and serious illness, those who have no money benift having nhs which is open to all. i'm not saying its perfect and there are some right morons running some hospitals and yes not every medicine is not available to everyone who needs it cos it costs too much. but i'm thankful that when i needed it i could have it, if that makes sence.

as for the process and hoops we have to jump through. at times it does seem like whats all the fuss why can't they be quicker. but then i guess what they are doing is neccersary, to keep the bad guys out. just wish it didnt take so long to do.

Edited by Hannah+Vito

Homer Sez:

Increase your wordiness,

Boudoir:

K1

02-18-2009....POE (LAX)

04-09-2009....WEDDING

AOS

event.png

rmq4qx3kup.png

I know two things for sure, there will never be a solution to US healthcare that is more than moderately sucessful or popular, and the way USCIS is run is criminal.

Timeline

I will have to play devil's advocate. Sometimes bureaucracy is good. I bet the bureaucratic part has also stopped people from trying to enter getting funds to try and do the marry-and-escape trick once they've got a green card, or given them time to figure out if they truly have the patience to be with one another. The unfortunate part is legitimate relationships like ours get delayed because of the few bad people, but dealing with bad apples is everyone's problem to solve, alas.

In terms of universal healthcare, no devil's advocate necessary -- the U.S. is the only first world nation without it, and it's also the worst first world health care system, because no matter how great the doctors may be, the fact that tens of millions of Americans don't even have insurance means they will opt out of getting adequate care needed to stay healthy and working. Increases likelihood of not being able to pay, then who foots the bill anyways? Yes. Taxpayer does. There's no reason this country shouldn't be there, but it is, overwhelmed with ideology over sensibility, and is, in many ways, falling behind.

Curiously, we criticize others and other systems, but refuse to look introspectively (as in, objective criticism of one's self) into our own problems to ultimately learn and better ourselves. So we don't get better. We get worse.

Edited by SRVT

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

:blink:

*sighs*

I come along here now and again to see how my fellow May CSC fillers are progressing. However, I get soooo lost reading though all the posts!

:blink:

*sighs*

I come along here now and again to see how my fellow May CSC fillers are progressing. However, I get soooo lost reading though all the posts!

During the week its not so bad, but on the weekend they do build up. - melannie

Wohoo...new week tomorrow...new hope! Fingers crossed...I hope this week we'll hear something!!!!!

Although i think i read someone say that the CSC said they werent wrking on petitions this week due to democratic election..this true??

Wohoo...new week tomorrow...new hope! Fingers crossed...I hope this week we'll hear something!!!!!

Although i think i read someone say that the CSC said they werent wrking on petitions this week due to democratic election..this true??

it better not be :angry: and i don't understand why a democratic election would stop them doing their job?

Edited by Hannah+Vito

Homer Sez:

Increase your wordiness,

Boudoir:

K1

02-18-2009....POE (LAX)

04-09-2009....WEDDING

AOS

event.png

rmq4qx3kup.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.