Hannah+Vito

May 08 k1 filers ~ CSC

2,522 posts in this topic

Timeline
Receipt Number:

Application Type: I129F, PETITION FOR FIANCE(E)

Current Status: Approval notice sent.

On October 1, 2008, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E). Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service

This is it!!!! :dance:

Congrats and God bless. Good luck on the rest of the journey.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

congradulations to all approved i see lots of changes since i last logged on. :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

and yes BrazilianXuxu we are still in the same boat. who knows why we have been so unlucky. its true about estadia but i believe sunnybear found out it was due to security checks due to her being married before to a guy in military. :unsure: perhaps if she runs accross this she might be able to give more clarification but i believe, she did find out what the hold up was. :unsure:

we did put myi-194 number on the petition though as i was in the usa at time of filling out the form. but it was taken at lax before bording so i dont see how it could upset it. :unsure:

Homer Sez:

Increase your wordiness,

Boudoir:

Where a French guy does it.

Our full time line is in our story on our profile.

K1

04-30-2008.......I-129F POSTED

05-01-2008....NOA1 (Touched 05-04-2008, Touched 04-07-2008)

09-23-2008....NOA2 Approved(See below for receipt of actual NOA2 and update in the USCIS System***)

01-13-2009....INTERVIEW (APPROVED)

02-18-2009....POE (LAX)

04-09-2009....WEDDING

AOS

06-12-2009.....AOS,EAD and AP Fedexed.

06-15-2009.....Signed for by J.CHYBA

06-18-2009.....NOA1 dated for AOS/AP/EAD

06-19-2009.....Check cleared

06-23-2009.....Touched AOS/EAD/AP

07-20-2009.....phoned helpline to report no biometrics appointment sent, Service request generated.

07-25-2009.....Recieved biometrics notice (generated on the 22nd june) for the 08-19-2009.

07-30-2009.....Did early walk in biometrics.

07-31-2009.....Touched AOS/EAD

08-06-2009.....Generated interview notice(received 08/10/09)

08-10-2009.....EAD/AP Approved

08-19-2009.....***NOA2 (Finally received after 6 Phone calls, 11 months late) :)

09-09-2009.....Aos interview.(APPROVED)first card production email

09-12-2009.....Welcome Notice Received.

event.png

rmq4qx3kup.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Congrats to all the recent NOA2-ers and good luck to all those who are waiting! You will get yours soon!

I've heard that your fiance can send in documents before getting Packet 3 but the Indian Consulate website says to bring all the documents to the Interview, not send it to the consulate before the interview. I think all that is returned from Packet 3 is a signed form stating that you have all the documents required. Am I missing something?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
My only thought is when they went through the stack, there was something not done, maybe backgrounds, having trouble contacting people, who knows. So it was scanned in, looked over, then for one reason or another tossed back into the pile and maybe it went to someone else who's slow. I really wish for all the cost and time that's spent here regarding our petitions we could get more official answers.

As it is I find it ridiculous I have to go through the government to approve of my relationship.

First a huge sorry for being so selfish and not saying a huge CONGRATS to all those approved.... I had to step away from the computer because it is just so hard to see so many approvals and still nothing..... with that said, thank you so much for being supportive....

Do you think that the fact that Adriano was in in the US on a J1 visa, then had it changed and extended a couple times while he lived and took some classes here?? And then he went back and got a crew member visa (sorry I stink, Ihave no idea which visa that is) Would that be holding it up? He was never here illegally, but had a couple different visas??

I think I'm at the lowest point I've been on this "journey" yet.... do you think God will be more likely to respond if I have my preschoolers pray for us???? :blush:

You're most likely going to be next for approval. We were at 152 days when we were notified...wish you all the luck in the world

Edited by Six-Twelve

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

congratulations everyone that was approved! they seem to be moving finally, not to speak too soon!!! here's to the rest of us getting approved very soon!!! (tonight would be nice!)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

Congratz to all the May filiers getting their NOA2s!

:dance:

This is wonderful news. :thumbs:

And for the few May filers still waiting, your just counting down the hours!

as1cE_-0g410010MDA0NDZzfDAwMDY4NTBzfE1hcnJpZWQgZm9y.gif

Timeline
My only thought is when they went through the stack, there was something not done, maybe backgrounds, having trouble contacting people, who knows. So it was scanned in, looked over, then for one reason or another tossed back into the pile and maybe it went to someone else who's slow. I really wish for all the cost and time that's spent here regarding our petitions we could get more official answers.

As it is I find it ridiculous I have to go through the government to approve of my relationship.

First a huge sorry for being so selfish and not saying a huge CONGRATS to all those approved.... I had to step away from the computer because it is just so hard to see so many approvals and still nothing..... with that said, thank you so much for being supportive....

Do you think that the fact that Adriano was in in the US on a J1 visa, then had it changed and extended a couple times while he lived and took some classes here?? And then he went back and got a crew member visa (sorry I stink, Ihave no idea which visa that is) Would that be holding it up? He was never here illegally, but had a couple different visas??

I think I'm at the lowest point I've been on this "journey" yet.... do you think God will be more likely to respond if I have my preschoolers pray for us???? :blush:

Hey Jessica, I think my posting problem is with AOL, so i'm using my lap top instead of the one in my office. Anyway, I'm hoping you'll get your NOA2 before the weekend,, I'll be watching for it. You left a message that I should start requesting the police cert now, before I know if NVC recieved the approval?

Edited by Six-Twelve

Timeline

Hey Jessica, I think my posting problem is with AOL, so i'm using my lap top instead of the one in my office. Anyway, I'm hoping you'll get your NOA2 before the weekend,, I'll be watching for it. You left a message that I should start requesting the police cert now, before I know if NVC recieved the approval?

Any VJ traveler can answer this question. Is the request for a "Police Certificate" just simply a criminal history printout? or is it a request based on a certain documentation? just a little confused, other wise I can have it done at work. Anyone who's done this part of the process already, your help would be appreciated. Thanks, and good luck to those waiting for NOA2's

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
Receipt Number:

Application Type: I129F, PETITION FOR FIANCE(E)

Current Status: Approval notice sent.

On October 1, 2008, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E). Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service

This is it!!!! :dance:

Congratulations on your approval!!

2008-05-06 I-129F sent

2008-05-10 Delivered to NVC 3:12pm

2008-05-20 NOA1

2008-05-23 Touched

2008-06-26 Touched

2008-06-27 Touched

2008-09-07 NOA2

2008-09-11 Received at NVC

2008-09-12 Left NVC

2008-09-18 Consulate received

2008-09-25 Pkt3 Received

2008-09-28 Pkt3 Returned

2008-09-30 Pkt4 Received

2008-10-09 Interview

2008-10-13 Medical

2008-10-24 Visa Received

2008-10-30 Fying home to my Jonathan

Hi Don, good to see you back! About the police certificate, that's what Brad told me (Brad and Vera) who were approved at the beginning of Sept. This is what he said to me:

"Packet was mailed to Vera on the 22nd, but she didn't receive yet. She is traveling to her home state atm to collect police certificates. Called the DOS and they had interview date for us and they informed us that packet4 was sent.

If u haven't collected police certificates now, do so... although the certificates are valid for only 3 months the Rio consul will accept to 1 year after issue date. Also have the signatures on the certificates notarized.

I assume packet 4 contains all material here:

http://www.embaixadaamericana.org.br/index...amp;itemmenu=58

minus the DS-156 (u must fill form online then print)"

Apparently Rio sends packet 3 and 4 together and gives you the interview date. Adriano is leaving in 2 weeks to go to work for NCL (if we're not approved by then.... but I'm not holding my breath) and he'll have to stay for at least a month. So if we get approved while onboard, it'll take about a month before he'll be able to be back in Brazil. So we're trying to get as much ready as we can so if that's the case, we're ready to go. Would be sooooooooo much easier if they just approved us already.... or even give us a decision either way. If we don't get approved... guess who's moving to Brazil?? At least I'd get to improve my Portuguese!! Who needs grad school anyway? :unsure:

Here's hoping today's a good day for someone (maybe Hannah!).... God has to answer preschooler's prayers, right?

"Absence is to love as wind is to fire; It extinguishes the small and kindles the great." Roger de Bussy-Rabutin

---

Our Timeline:

02/18/07: Met onboard the Disney Wonder

03/01/07: Started dating

05/31/07: Said our first goodbye

01/20/08: Met again in Miami

02/17/08: My first trip to Brazil!

02/20/08: Engaged!!!!!

02/23/08: Left Brazil :(

03/23/08: Met our lawyer

04/28/08: Mailed packet

05/02/08: NOA-1

08/19/08: Back to Brazil!

08/31/08: Left Brazil :(

09/05/08: Touch!

10/14/08: Contacted my Senator

10/17/08: Flew to NYC to spend a day with my noivo!

11/12/08: Touch

11/12/08: NOA-2

11/19/08: NVC Received Case

11/21/08: Case on it's way to Brazil

11/24/08: Case arrived in Rio

12/05/08: Packet 4 Left Rio (Never Received)

12/16/08: Affidavit Received in Brazil

12/19/08: Medical Done.

01/06/09: Interview! APPROVED!

01/12/09: Visa Received!

01/26/09: US Entry(JFK)-EAD Stamp Received

AOS-Adjustment of Status

04/14/09: AOS Sent to Chicago

04/17/09: Wedding

04/21/09: NOA-1 (EAD,I-131,I-485)

05/07/09: Case Transfered to California Service Center

05/14/09: Biometrics Appointment-DONE!

05/14/09: Case now Pending at California Service Cente

05/15/09: Touch-EAD

05/26/09: EAD Approved - Card Production Ordered

05/26/09: I-131 Travel Document Approved

05/29/09: I-131 Travel Document Received

06/02/09: EAD Approval notice sent

06/03/09: EAD Card Received!

07/17/09: AOS Approved-Card Production ordered and Welcome Letter Sent.

07/23/09: Green Card received in mail.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

Yay! Congrats to everyone whos been approved lately. I've still got my fingers crossed for everyone else! We just got word yesterday that ours left the nvc for london. woohoo!

Our K-1 Journey

October 2002 - Fee and Josh meet in glasgow.

December 2007 - fee and josh meet again in glasgow .

Feb 2008 - Josh visits Fee in Fife.

May 2008 - Fee visits Josh in Buffalo.

06-05-2008 - Fee and Josh get engaged!! -file I129f

12-05-2008 - NO1

18-05-2008 - Touched

August 2008 - Josh visits Fee

19-09-2008 - touched!

19-09-2008 - NO2! woohoo!

02-10-2008 - Leaves NVC

11-10-2008 - Packet 3 arrives (with nothing in it! only a cover letter!)

16-10-2008 - packet 3 sent back to embassy

30-10-2008 - packet 4 arrives

13-11-2008 - medical

17-11-2008 - Interview (10am) *approved!*

25-11-2008 - visa arrives

26-11-2008 - fly to toronto (POE Buffalo)

.....To be continued!......

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.