Awshaggy

CR1/DS230 For Jamaica

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I am trying to get info for my sister who filed the I-130 for her husband. The IV fee was paid yesterday. We want to have the DS230 done in the mean time. However I am confused as to what part of the DS230 gets done here and what part for Jamaica. Does the beneficiary need to do parts I & II of the DS230 and send his police record and everything back to my sister so she can send it to the NVC? Or does he only do part I and send it back to my sister and she sends that to NVC and then the Kingston Embassy deals with part II? How does it actually work for Jamaica? Thanks in advance!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I am trying to get info for my sister who filed the I-130 for her husband. The IV fee was paid yesterday. We want to have the DS230 done in the mean time. However I am confused as to what part of the DS230 gets done here and what part for Jamaica. Does the beneficiary need to do parts I & II of the DS230 and send his police record and everything back to my sister so she can send it to the NVC? Or does he only do part I and send it back to my sister and she sends that to NVC and then the Kingston Embassy deals with part II? How does it actually work for Jamaica? Thanks in advance!

Hello and welcome to VJ. You can also visit the yardie thread in the forums section and post your questions there. First of all it depends on what visa type your sister is filing for.

For a K-3 she will need to have the documents ready to present to Kingston as K filers do not send their documents to NVC.

If she is filing for a CR-1/IR-1 visa, she will need to collected all her husbands documents and send them to the NVC. She will need to have the following (an original and photo copy) to send to NVC:-

Marriage certificate

Beneficiary's birth certificate (long form)

Divorce certificate (if applicable)

Copy of the beneficiary's biographic page of passport (page with the picture)

Any military records

Police certificate from JA

DS-230 completely filled out with part I signed and part II unsigned

I hope this helps. That's all I can remember right now, but if anything else comes to mind I will re-post and I am sure someone else will come and add to this list.

Tell your sister goodluck with the rest of her journey and to go over the DS-230 keenly.

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I think she's a CR1 or IR1 since she filed an I-130. Thats the only visa that goes with that application alone.

Your sister needs to get all the forms that Clairen listed above from her husband, as she will need to send them to NVC. In addition to the above mentioned items, your sister will need 2 passport photos of her husband. She will need to write the NVC case number on the back of photos and on the top right hand corner of all documents. Then she should make a photocopy of all the certificates and send that in too.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Timeline
I think she's a CR1 or IR1 since she filed an I-130. Thats the only visa that goes with that application alone.

Your sister needs to get all the forms that Clairen listed above from her husband, as she will need to send them to NVC. In addition to the above mentioned items, your sister will need 2 passport photos of her husband. She will need to write the NVC case number on the back of photos and on the top right hand corner of all documents. Then she should make a photocopy of all the certificates and send that in too.

LOL.... :lol::lol: I overlooked that one in her topic. You can tell I am tired. :whistle: I here working the graveyard shift, as Mike would say. :rofl:

Edited by clairern

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Timeline

Tell her to keep a copy of all of that too.

Good luck to her.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.