Beauty for Ashes

Citizenship and the conveyance of it in MENA

36 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

Does anyone happen to have a link to that list of "approved names"? I've found many references to it, and I looked on the Moroccan Consulate website, but I have yet to find the list itself anywhere.

I'm the USC.

11/05/2007........Conditional permanent residency effective date.

01/10/2008........Two-year green card in hand.

08/08/2009........Our son was born <3

08/08/2009........Filed for removal of conditions.

12/16/2009........ROC was approved.

11/05/2010........Eligible for Naturalization.

03/01/2011........Separated.

11/05/2012........Eligible for Naturalization.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
Does anyone happen to have a link to that list of "approved names"? I've found many references to it, and I looked on the Moroccan Consulate website, but I have yet to find the list itself anywhere.

Well you can safely say this..

Any female name in the KORAN or male name in the KORAN is approved. I am not quite sure what other names wil be approved. I know jewish Moroccans have alot of latitude . I ll look around. I know that they were turning down Berber names lately at Moroccan consulates overseas

Timeline

Any female name in the KORAN or male name in the KORAN is approved. I am not quite sure what other names wil be approved. I know jewish Moroccans have alot of latitude . I ll look around. I know that they were turning down Berber names lately at Moroccan consulates overseas

Arabic and Muslim names are fine and don't have to be in the Qur'an.

Filed: Timeline

Arabic and Muslim names are fine and don't have to be in the Qur'an.

I know but I am pretty sure those names are on the list.... as for the list... I havent found it yet

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Patti did you say that women have to sleep with the livestock? omg.

Reminds me of a good book I read once....The Red Tent. I thought squatting over straw for a week was extreme. I can't imagine snuggling up to a cow.

Jackie

I LOVED that book!!!!! I actually wish I had lived back then because the women had such a bond and life seemed so much more simple compared to all the running around we do now. I was just telling my daughters about the red tent and what it was for and what the women would do when aunt flo came to town. I could handle sitting but not squatting. My thigh muscles aren't too strong. What would be hard would be the lack of ibuprofin! :blink:

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Imagine,,,being in a tent,,,cramping, no coffee or Midol,,,confined with other women that are sleeping with your husband. Chaos.

jackie

well when you put it THAT way!!! :lol::lol:

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Imagine,,,being in a tent,,,cramping, no coffee or Midol,,,confined with other women that are sleeping with your husband. Chaos.

jackie

sounds like this place in west texas.

art.compound.housing.cnn.jpg

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

The list was on neither the Moroccan Consulate in NY's website nor the Moroccan Embassy in DC's site, although the consulate's website did have instructions about registering a baby's birth abroad. I'm surprised not to find the list there somewhere. It's moot for us for now anyway, but we were both surprised to read about this requirement.

I'm the USC.

11/05/2007........Conditional permanent residency effective date.

01/10/2008........Two-year green card in hand.

08/08/2009........Our son was born <3

08/08/2009........Filed for removal of conditions.

12/16/2009........ROC was approved.

11/05/2010........Eligible for Naturalization.

03/01/2011........Separated.

11/05/2012........Eligible for Naturalization.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
The list was on neither the Moroccan Consulate in NY's website nor the Moroccan Embassy in DC's site, although the consulate's website did have instructions about registering a baby's birth abroad. I'm surprised not to find the list there somewhere. It's moot for us for now anyway, but we were both surprised to read about this requirement.

I did have this booked mark at one time, but I have a new computer since then. I came across on another site, maybe someone from babycenter.com I will do some checking for you.

Samira and Jaouad

K3 and AOS

8-13-07: Sent package with I-129F to CSC overnight

9-25-07: NOA 1 recv

3-04-08: Approval Notice Sent

5-15-08:Interview Date

07-28-08:Visa Received (AP Hell 73 days)

08-02-08:US Entry (K-3)

08-05-08: Sent EAD package to CSC

12-07-08: Finally recvd EAD

04-20-09: AOS sent

07-23-09: AOS Interview-APPROVED!

Next file for Naturalization!

.png

and our family keeps growing and growing.....

x5Kpm8.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I did have this booked mark at one time, but I have a new computer since then. I came across on another site, maybe someone from babycenter.com I will do some checking for you.

Well it took sometime but I found it plus I still had it booked marked on my lab top. Its in French but easy to understand. Enjoy!

http://forum.aufeminin.com/forum/matern3/_...ises-maroc.html

Samira and Jaouad

K3 and AOS

8-13-07: Sent package with I-129F to CSC overnight

9-25-07: NOA 1 recv

3-04-08: Approval Notice Sent

5-15-08:Interview Date

07-28-08:Visa Received (AP Hell 73 days)

08-02-08:US Entry (K-3)

08-05-08: Sent EAD package to CSC

12-07-08: Finally recvd EAD

04-20-09: AOS sent

07-23-09: AOS Interview-APPROVED!

Next file for Naturalization!

.png

and our family keeps growing and growing.....

x5Kpm8.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.