VisaJourneyLady

What did you leave behind, that you regret?

104 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I regret leaving my piano home. I miss playing.

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Timeline

As the one who didn't move, I probably shouldn't be posting.... ^_^

But I think a woman might find it harder than a man to pack lightly. We get attached to our household stuff. Men are more utilitarian.

I've wondered if we ever go back together what I could part with. I'd have a hard time leaving a lot of my kitchen gadgets (non-electric) behind. And my everyday dishes.

When Wes came over, we brought irreplacables like family photos and the like. His mother's old cookbook and some irish knitting patterns - things he won't use but wanted to keep 'in the family'. He brought CD's and his PC. He brought favorite books too. I carried some of his mothers china on the plane. We brought over two framed embroidered samplers his mother had done; his father's nursing certificate; several bibles; his christening gown; a boy-size sweater his mother had made him - things like that. )Oh - his two favorite old teddy bears.

There are two huge crates of comic books in his brothers attic yet.

Edited by rebeccajo

I whittled down my stuff to two rubbermaid totes..

Marilyn...I had to google that because it sounded well kinky :P

But I think a woman might find it harder than a man to pack lightly. We get attached to our household stuff. Men are more utilitarian.

RJ, I wish I could have said the same for us! My stuff was mostly clothes, CDs and books; he brought at least 8 pieces of vintage hifi (speakers, turntables, open reel decks), LOTS of tools (for car stuff and more general fixing), posters, two crates of LPs as well as a gazillion CDs, all his books on WWII, and on and on... We had 20 boxes; I would be surprised if my stuff took up 5 of those; one of those was shoes. :P

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Filed: Country: Pitcairn Islands
Timeline

RJ, I wish I could have said the same for us! My stuff was mostly clothes, CDs and books; he brought at least 8 pieces of vintage hifi (speakers, turntables, open reel decks), LOTS of tools (for car stuff and more general fixing), posters, two crates of LPs as well as a gazillion CDs, all his books on WWII, and on and on... We had 20 boxes; I would be surprised if my stuff took up 5 of those; one of those was shoes. :P

I think your husband and mine would have a lot in common. Look at our bedroom. The other bedroom wall is also full of it along with our daughter's closet. He used to have half my mother's garage filled with hi-fi and computer parts. I made him get rid of at least half of it. He just got a job the electronics and computer recycler he has been volunteering at. I could probably build a house out of what he will bring home. :wacko:

The only thing I regret not bringing is some Bisto instant gravy granules. You can't get instant gravy granules here!! :o

I've had my Mum mail some to me. :D

Yeah, add those to my list too. And I don't have a trip lined up to London until October or November, so :angry: . Maybe I'll have my mother-in-law put some in a packet... I also got my vegetarian mother hooked on the Bisto Veggie gravy so now she's clamouring too.

Americans are heathens -- no gravy granules!

ahhh Bisto :P

can't beat that stuff.

.png

.png

2/5/07 - 2 Year Green Card arrives!!! YAY!!!!

5/10/08 - Received RI Driver's License!

11/10/08 - Removing Conditions - Sent package out!

11/19/08 - Received Notice of Action - 1 year extension on my current green card - now waiting for biometrics letter.

11/28/08 - Received biometrics letter.

12/12/08 - Biometrics appointment - 10am.

01/13/09 - Still waiting............

06/08/09 - Card in production and on it's way!

06/22/09 - Received 10 Year Green Card! YAY!!

happy13.gif thforevertogether.gif

thNevergiveup.gif love9.gif

blinkie18.gif

Made_in_England.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

I was lucky....everything I left behind is still at my Mums house so I can get it when ever I want. Everytime I go for a trip to the UK I always come back with 2 extra suitcases full of my stuff. At the moment though....I regret not bringing my electric guitar and my computer....my hubbys one suck major ###!....i'll have to get a crate shipped over or something.

K1 Visa Journey

2/20/2007: I-129F Sent
3/2/2007: NOA1 Notice Date
5/22/2007: NOA2
8/10/2007: Interview 9.30am APPROVED.
10/19/2007: Wedding!

12/7/2007: Sent AOS packet
12/17/2007: Received 2 NOA1's in mail
01/02/2008: Received I-131 NOA1 in mail
01/10/2008: Bio Appointment @ Jackson, MS
03/18/2008: Green Card Production Ordered
03/22/2008: Approval Notice Sent (CRIS email on 03/24/08)
03/24/2008: Received Welcome Letter and Green Card in mail.

11/13/2009: Our daughter, Isobela was born!
11/19/2009: Received notice from USCIS to remove conditions
12/15/2009: Sent I-751 to VSC
12/22/2009: NOA1
01/20/2010: Bio Appointment @ Jackson, MS
03/18/2010: Card Production Ordered!
03/25/2010: Received Green card in mail.

03/21/2012: Sent N-400 to Tx lockbox
03/23/2012: Delivered
03/29/2012: Check Cashed. Received email & text.

04/18/2012: Bio Appointment @ Jackson, MS

04/29/2013: Interview @ New Orleans, LA

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
The only thing I regret not bringing is some Bisto instant gravy granules. You can't get instant gravy granules here!! :o

Yeah, add those to my list too. And I don't have a trip lined up to London until October or November, so :angry: . Maybe I'll have my mother-in-law put some in a packet... I also got my vegetarian mother hooked on the Bisto Veggie gravy so now she's clamouring too.

can't beat that stuff.

They sell Bisto at a Brookshires in my town.....with a good few other English goodies.....aero bars, yorkie bars, ribeana, jaffa cakes, chocolate biscuits, hob nobs...etc etc.

K1 Visa Journey

2/20/2007: I-129F Sent
3/2/2007: NOA1 Notice Date
5/22/2007: NOA2
8/10/2007: Interview 9.30am APPROVED.
10/19/2007: Wedding!

12/7/2007: Sent AOS packet
12/17/2007: Received 2 NOA1's in mail
01/02/2008: Received I-131 NOA1 in mail
01/10/2008: Bio Appointment @ Jackson, MS
03/18/2008: Green Card Production Ordered
03/22/2008: Approval Notice Sent (CRIS email on 03/24/08)
03/24/2008: Received Welcome Letter and Green Card in mail.

11/13/2009: Our daughter, Isobela was born!
11/19/2009: Received notice from USCIS to remove conditions
12/15/2009: Sent I-751 to VSC
12/22/2009: NOA1
01/20/2010: Bio Appointment @ Jackson, MS
03/18/2010: Card Production Ordered!
03/25/2010: Received Green card in mail.

03/21/2012: Sent N-400 to Tx lockbox
03/23/2012: Delivered
03/29/2012: Check Cashed. Received email & text.

04/18/2012: Bio Appointment @ Jackson, MS

04/29/2013: Interview @ New Orleans, LA

Filed: Other Timeline

I think your husband and mine would have a lot in common. Look at our bedroom. The other bedroom wall is also full of it along with our daughter's closet. He used to have half my mother's garage filled with hi-fi and computer parts. I made him get rid of at least half of it. He just got a job the electronics and computer recycler he has been volunteering at. I could probably build a house out of what he will bring home. :wacko:

LOL.....that's funny!

Wes wanted to bring a particular set of stereo speakers with him. I can still remember the wince on his face as his buddy told him those were out of date and he'd be nuts to drag them to the US.

I also remember his brother pitching stuff into black trash bags to be tossed, including a cheap candleholder that Wes was fond of but really was....well, nothing. The thing broke as it was tossed into the bag, and Wes walked out of the room sort of shuddering when he heard the crashing sound.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
I whittled down my stuff to two rubbermaid totes..

Marilyn...I had to google that because it sounded well kinky :P

:lol:

when I was going through my stuff.. I basically just kept everything that was irreplaceable... yeah it sucked giving up all my kitchen stuff... specailly seeing as how hubby didn't really have anything :P

mvSuprise-hug.gif

can't beat that stuff.

They sell Bisto at a Brookshires in my town.....with a good few other English goodies.....aero bars, yorkie bars, ribeana, jaffa cakes, chocolate biscuits, hob nobs...etc etc.

They have all that stuff at our local supermarket, Shaws, which is cool if I want to get any of that stuff. I love only Heinz Beans, which they sell also. I don't really like american baked beans, they have a different sauce in them.

.png

.png

2/5/07 - 2 Year Green Card arrives!!! YAY!!!!

5/10/08 - Received RI Driver's License!

11/10/08 - Removing Conditions - Sent package out!

11/19/08 - Received Notice of Action - 1 year extension on my current green card - now waiting for biometrics letter.

11/28/08 - Received biometrics letter.

12/12/08 - Biometrics appointment - 10am.

01/13/09 - Still waiting............

06/08/09 - Card in production and on it's way!

06/22/09 - Received 10 Year Green Card! YAY!!

happy13.gif thforevertogether.gif

thNevergiveup.gif love9.gif

blinkie18.gif

Made_in_England.gif

What I regret leaving behind are my family (I so miss their company) and the comforts of living in our home. I was spoiled there. Here, I have to work my azz off to help my husband save up for a very decent house.

I miss, do not regret, the slow pace in my job there. People seem to know how to work without having to miss out on the fun.

I think I just work too hard here :P

Are you sure we're not married to the same man? Seriously, I'm really used to it. Our flat in London was heaving with lots of "junky hifi" as I call it (vintage gear in his terminology). He does fix a lot of it up and then sell it on -- he just made $800 off a receiver he bought in London for 100 quid, so it does pay its way. But a lot of it does end up in the keeper pile. He's now trying to convince me I want my own system when we get out to LA, for my home office, but I know it's a ruse just to acquire more junky hifi.

The way I look at it is we may own 5 record decks, 3 cassette players, 4 receivers, a solid state pre-amp, 2 tube pre-amps, 3 or 4 open reel decks and 3 8-track decks (I'm not kidding, 8-track decks) but he's a clean-livin' soul otherwise. :P

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

can't beat that stuff.

They have all that stuff at our local supermarket, Shaws, which is cool if I want to get any of that stuff. I love only Heinz Beans, which they sell also. I don't really like american baked beans, they have a different sauce in them.

yeah it is a tomato sauce, they ain't bad but I want some of the ones inthe other sauce... will have to see if they have some at the store... hubby said taht is the sauce beans always come in :P

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.