7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

i had posted a topic about original papers or copies.but i was talking about for me to send to him for his interview.do i need to send him originals of my birth certificate and original of my divorce papers.or is it ok to just send my copies to him for the interview.i dont c why they need my originals of very important papers that will be lost for his interview.but all i am talking about is my original documents for his interview.not the k-1 process please help

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
i had posted a topic about original papers or copies.but i was talking about for me to send to him for his interview.do i need to send him originals of my birth certificate and original of my divorce papers.or is it ok to just send my copies to him for the interview.i dont c why they need my originals of very important papers that will be lost for his interview.but all i am talking about is my original documents for his interview.not the k-1 process please help

Hello Trina

as my experience u don't need to send any of ur originals certificates :thumbs: ; they will just ask for ur fiance original certificates " birth , graduation ,millatery ...etc. or the original of any copy he sent to them " just for review by the consular and they will give it back to him in the end of the day of the interview.

Regards

Ahmed

They may want your original divorce decree. My fiance is in Pakistan, I sent certified copies of my divorce decree, they can ask for it. I also ordered another birth certificate to send (just in case). I would rather be safe and have these document available then have additional wait time if they should ask for them.

OurTimeline

11/18/2007--------I-129F Petition mailed to CSC

11/29/2007--------NOA1

04/02/2008 --------NOA2 Approved (On my B-Day)

05/08/2008---------Forwarded to ISL

05/12/2008---------Consulate Received

05/22/2008---------Packet 3.5 Received by my Fiance

06/06/2008---------Packet 3.5 Returned to Embassy

06/19/2008---------Recieved Packet 4

06/25/2008---------Medical

07/08/2008---------Interview

03/06/2009---------Visa in Hand

03/23/2009---------POE Chicago

03/24/2009---------Marriage

08/05/2009---------GC in Mail

09/13/2009---------First Job in US

Naturalization

01/28/15------------mailed packet to USIS

02/06/15-------------NOA

02/27/15-------------Biometrics Appt.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I agree with browneyedgirl send him your original divorce decree. I know I read somewhere that they may request originals and it is better to be safe then sorry. I know my husband (at the time fiancee) was asked for all of his originals and I am not quite sure about any of mine but he had them just in case. I would rather be safe than sorry and delay due to him not having them.

You can get these documents by mail if you dont live in ur divorce city or birth city, go to search for the county clerks office for your county where the divorce was final and the health dept in your birth county (or for B.C go to the state website where you were borned). For a small fee all i did was call them told them what i needed they told me to write them a letter with my info and send them a $7 money order for the certified copy of the divorce decree. The birth certificate was $10. I supplied a stamped return envelope and had them in less than a week

OurTimeline

11/18/2007--------I-129F Petition mailed to CSC

11/29/2007--------NOA1

04/02/2008 --------NOA2 Approved (On my B-Day)

05/08/2008---------Forwarded to ISL

05/12/2008---------Consulate Received

05/22/2008---------Packet 3.5 Received by my Fiance

06/06/2008---------Packet 3.5 Returned to Embassy

06/19/2008---------Recieved Packet 4

06/25/2008---------Medical

07/08/2008---------Interview

03/06/2009---------Visa in Hand

03/23/2009---------POE Chicago

03/24/2009---------Marriage

08/05/2009---------GC in Mail

09/13/2009---------First Job in US

Naturalization

01/28/15------------mailed packet to USIS

02/06/15-------------NOA

02/27/15-------------Biometrics Appt.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I had to send my original divorce decree and birth papers. The Embassy asked to see my divorce decree but not my birth papers at his interview. I hand carried my papers during one of my trips. Then he brought them back once he received his visa. He interviewed In Cairo on February 11, 2008 and entered USA on April 25, 2008.

Just remember where the visa process is concerned it is better to be safe than sorry.

When I filed the I-129F I sent only copies but the embassy and USCIS have the right to request originals. If your fiancee does not have them at the interview it may cause lengthly delays.

Good luck,

Cheryl

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.