w¡n9Nµ7 §£@¥€r

KKK endorses McCain: "A black President would go against just about everything we stand for"

473 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
Certainly - my intent was really to address the whole "if someone of X race said it, there'd be a big hoo-ha". Especially as the character in this thread has been to compare the NAACP with the KKK.

There is a difference and there is a reason why we have things like BET or indeed the NAACP and (IMO) they have less to do with giving racism a pass than some people want to believe.

I will concede though that these things and social engineering like Affirmative Action can and do cause problems - but at the same time abandoning those things will not magically provide the transition to social equality. After all, this is pretty much was what these things were brought in to address in the first place.

I don't know who has the answers - but I do know that pointing fingers at group X or Y doesn't move the debate forward.

It's true though. If the goal is true racial equality, then things like BET, and Affirmative Action need to stop. There is NO such thing as 'reverse' racism...it's racism, pure and simple. I remember years ago watching Def Comedy Jam (I used to watch it all the time, it was v funny), and seeing comedian after comedian make serious fun of white people. Not the 'oh he can't dance' innocuous funny #######, but REALLY harsh sh!t. I watched one of em say that the black people were going to capture all the whites and change all our names and force us to become slaves. 'you won't be laughing then!' he said. And that was the last time I watched.

You cannot straddle both sides of the fence. No one alive here owned a slave...I certainly didn't. I don't endorse, condone, or try to explain it. So the fact that I might not get a job based on the color (or lack thereof) of MY skin is institutionalized racism & actually unconstitutional. And if we're talking about what pushes people to identify with their race, well, that's one factor which promts me to identify myself, not as American, not as Italian, but as a white person.

I was in a car crash on Christmas Eve when I was 16. I was in a predominantly black lower middle class neighborhood when I was T boned by a drunk driver. The 40 something year old black lady proceeded to get out of her car & beat the shiznit out of me in front of all the neighbors while they cheered her on with chants of 'Kill Whitey!' 'White Devil B!tch!' and the like. My hands were trapped by my waist and here's this woman punching the shiznit outta my face while I can't even defend myself. I saw the cop lights in the distance and passed out before they got there. When the cops got there, of course no one saw anything & cops said that there was no way to discern what injuries came from the crash, and which from the 'alleged' assault (hi? there's a full fist mark on my face, duh). Cops later told my mom that because of the 'racial tension' in Miami (a Spanish cop has mistakenly killed a black teen who pointed a toy gun, some parts of Miami rioted for 3 days), that if they arrested her for assault, there'd be 'Holy hell'.

That kind of apologistic, walk on eggshells ####### should NOT happen in today's (or in the 90s, heh) day and age. it's complete bollox.

I don't mind scholarships and a help up to our nation's poor....but again, that has nothing to do with race. Inner cities have all sorts of races and ancestry. But programs like AA are run on the basis that somehow they NEED a handout, as if they are deficient in some way. And as we all age out farther and farther away from the atrocities of the past, they become less of a factor. I could certainly say how xy&z happened to my ancestors sometime ago, but what real bearing does that have on me today? Sure, I'm not black, but I do see that this guilt free pass we as a society show perpetrates that very atmosphere we as a society should be moving away from. 'ALL men created equal' and all that jazz.

Edited for typos!

Sorry you went through that. Where was this- Liberty City? Not exactly where you'd want to be on Christmas Eve at 16 years of age but hey I am most definitely not blaming you for the idiots if this world. Drunk ones to add.

Unfortunately, that pent up anger apparently came to hilt with you and as wrong as it was, it happened.

I wonder how many descriptions telling of centuries of similar if not worse violence (not to justify) occured against their communities and I also wonder how that shaped these communities views of the "majority" populations that were legally equal but most definitely not equal, and separate. Again, there is no justification. Violence does not justify violence in my opinion.

It would be peachy if we lived in a country that did not abuse its racial divide and that it did not continue to foster such a divide along the ages, even after such practices were abolished and outlawed, and we can argue that circumstances HAVE changed for the better... just at a very slow pace... while the reality of these areas are that they are still living in poor conditions, disproportionately to the rest of the population, and with a ton of historical and every now and then, assumed racial targetting to add to the mix.

See this is why I will never respect the black American community. If the same thing had happened to a black girl it would have been plastered on TV. I don't even know where to begin discussing this sort of stuff. Can anyone tell me of similar cases involving Caucasians? This double standard is the problem with America. And whenever something like this comes up well then it is stereotypically portrayed as being isolated or carried out by a small group of idiots. I have meet some wonderful black Americans. But they usually tend to live out in the country and in the South. The inner city black Americans are a whole entire different culture.

The only way to describe this Neanderthal like behavior is by culture. Which also probably explains why we are having similar issues with new immigrants from Sudan etc here in Australia; people separated by 400 years from African Americans yet portraying very similar attributes to one another.

This is called overgeneralization. It is offensive and most definitely can very easily label you as a racist. Just to point out that your language can indicate what appears to be a common observation here.

As a matter of fact, what we see in the media is usually the opposite in terms of race of what you portray.

Wishing you ten-fold that which you wish upon all others.

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
dgady.jpg

Len, Len, Len. Some people seem to be proving Dr James D. Watson theory lately.

Funny thing is that Dr. Watson's gaffe and what you wrote in the highlighted text are eerily similar.

When racism stops perpetuating inequalities, as well as when advancement can be statistically relevant, then yes, AA must stop.

Is that like someone being beaten up and the community cheering the aggressor on because they are beating someone of another race.

Funny thing is that Dr. Watson's gaffe and what you wrote in the highlighted text are eerily similar.

It was ironical to see he was from Chicago..

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

This is called overgeneralization. It is offensive and most definitely can very easily label you as a racist. Just to point out that your language can indicate what appears to be a common observation here.

As a matter of fact, what we see in the media is usually the opposite in terms of race of what you portray.

It is what it is. You cannot have your cake and eat it as well. I don't see my culture and race beating up little girls and then cheering on.

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

Timeline
When racism stops perpetuating inequalities, as well as when advancement can be statistically relevant, then yes, AA must stop.

Is that like someone being beaten up and the community cheering the aggressor on because they are beating someone of another race.

It was ironical to see he was from Chicago..

I wonder why... (point one). But as it was explained, the sentiment to that issue was that prosecution and justice should have been doled out accordingly. As for its relevance to the statement that was replied to, there is very little direct logic connecting the two statements. And as for Chicago, who knows. Plenty of Australians live here too.

Yep - because he reads something like this and blames an entire community for it. However you explain it he'll never accept that this line of reasoning is very wonky.

Incidentally BY mentioned the Sudanese immigrants before - stating with apparent pride that these people had integrated into the fabric of Australian society without any trouble. He was proved wrong.

In comparison to you who reads something and pretends it does not happen because it might discredit your BS views.

Edited by Boo-Yah!

Timeline

It is what it is. You cannot have your cake and eat it as well. I don't see my culture and race beating up little girls and then cheering on.

But, as you bring up points "from other threads" you yourself get ludicrous making ridiculous threats about what you'd do to X and Y if they did Z. If it is what it is and you insist on standing by your own words, then yes, you are a racist. Word for word.

unny thing is that Dr. Watson's gaffe and what you wrote in the highlighted text are eerily similar.

Of course. He is a Nobel prize winner.

Timeline
Yep - because he reads something like this and blames an entire community for it. However you explain it he'll never accept that this line of reasoning is very wonky.

Incidentally BY mentioned the Sudanese immigrants before - stating with apparent pride that these people had integrated into the fabric of Australian society without any trouble. He was proved wrong.

In comparison to you who reads something and pretends it does not happen because it might discredit your BS views.

All relative I suppose. If his vies are BS then yours are lower on the ladder. So to say.

unny thing is that Dr. Watson's gaffe and what you wrote in the highlighted text are eerily similar.

Then quit wasting your precious time here and contribute something to humanity.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

There is such a thing called benefit of the doubt - that suggests if I get beaten up by a white/black/yellow/brown person that i don't then blame all white/black/yellow/brown people for it.

In any case - are you ready to share your thoughts on why the KKK came into being?

Timeline

The difference is that Watson's statement was his own opinion and not something that he could validate with reference to his work.

But, as you bring up points "from other threads" you yourself get ludicrous making ridiculous threats about what you'd do to X and Y if they did Z. If it is what it is and you insist on standing by your own words, then yes, you are a racist. Word for word.

No I just don't like the inner city black culture. Simple as that.

Funny how just the other day I was at Dulles airport and I heard these guys mocking a guy with an African accent out loud; And being racist. They where wearing LA boxing tops and where flying to LA. So I told them to shut the #### up and move on. The guy thanked me when I gave him my ticket to process before boarding. Is that the type if racist Ii am like?

As I said earlier. My black friend from South Africa can not stand ghetto black American culture so does that make him racist as well.

The difference is that Watson's statement was his own opinion and not something that he could validate with reference to his work.

Yes unlike your comments.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Funny how just the other day I was at Dulles airport and I heard these guys mocking a guy with an African accent out loud; And being racist. They where wearing LA boxing tops and where flying to LA. So I told them to shut the #### up and move on. The guy thanked me when I gave him my ticket to process before boarding. Is that the type if racist Ii am like?

As I said earlier. My black friend from South Africa can not stand ghetto black American culture so does that make him racist as well.

Wow. On top of being an engineer and an economist, you must be one bad mutha to be able to tell people to shut the 'f' up. How tall are you - 5'6"?

Timeline

Yes unlike your comments.

:lol: what does that even mean?

As cheap shots go - you really need to pick them better.