reehon

MOVE to IRAQ AND APPLY FOR VSC

78 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline
Im going to expedite my case, saying that my wife is actually from iraq, but is just living in Russia ummm... on vacation

I like it Ilya ...... however, I totally edited myself on my response here .... it was pure genius, but I knew that it would totally make a couple of readers boil up ..... so I refrained and deleted it all :whistle:

Well their whole background check is bunch of bs, according to CIA iraq has all these terrorists right? Thats the reason america is "liberating" iraq?Nothing against citizens of Iraq, but using logic this makes no sense. Iraqis, their background search is less than 2 weeks, while UK citizen(american's major allies) waiting months. Flame me all you want I just dont get this whole bull #### process.

Its a bunch of BS. CR1 and K-3 are conditional. There is no guarantee a GC will be issued, but they are worried a would-be immigrant would dissappear. When Tourist, Worker, and Student Visa holders overstay all the time.

Exactly my friend actually just did that, got his gf a student visa, and now married and now is doing AOS. #### this bs, Their system makes you be a lawbreaker.

Here is my story. I've lived problem free life, payed my taxes. One day I decided to marry this girl. But to do so would require her to come to US of A, and so it started. My problem free live turned in to free problems from USCIS! Sure things turned to unsure, certain dates turned to aproximation within months. All logical thinking was out the door, as I filed my papers withing famous Vermont Centre!

I-130 Received

12-12-07

I-130 Approved

8-28-2008

NVC

Date Package Received By NVC : 09-05-08

-- Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 09-11-08

-- Pay I-864 Bill :09-11-08

-- Receive I-864 Package :09-15-08

-- Return I-864 Package :09-16-08

-- Return Completed DS-3032 :09-11-08

-- Receive IV Bill :09-17-2008

-- Pay IV Bill :09-17-2008

-- Receive Instruction Package :09-17-08

-- Case Completed at NVC :10-16-08

Date Package Left From NVC :10-31-08

Date Received By Consulate :11-05-08

Date Rec Instructions (Pkt 3) :11-05-08

Date Complete Instructions (Pkt 3) :11-05-08

Date Rec Appointment Letter (Pkt 4):11-25-08

Interview Date (IR-1/CR-1 Visa):12/08/08

Date IR-1/CR-1 Visa Received :12-11-08

Date of US Entry :12-17-08

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
The CIA does not consider all of the people of Iraq terrorists and the US government does recognize the hardship so many are suffering. Just because we're not getting our visas granted doesn't mean that there aren't darn good reasons to grant humanitarian visas.

I didnt say that they consider everyone terrorists. But USA invaded IRAQ because of known link to al qaeda. Therefore it would make sense to check their citizens more because of higher possibility of citizens being involved with al qaeda? Am I missing something or what?

Here is my story. I've lived problem free life, payed my taxes. One day I decided to marry this girl. But to do so would require her to come to US of A, and so it started. My problem free live turned in to free problems from USCIS! Sure things turned to unsure, certain dates turned to aproximation within months. All logical thinking was out the door, as I filed my papers withing famous Vermont Centre!

I-130 Received

12-12-07

I-130 Approved

8-28-2008

NVC

Im going to expedite my case, saying that my wife is actually from iraq, but is just living in Russia ummm... on vacation

I like it Ilya ...... however, I totally edited myself on my response here .... it was pure genius, but I knew that it would totally make a couple of readers boil up ..... so I refrained and deleted it all :whistle:

Well their whole background check is bunch of bs, according to CIA iraq has all these terrorists right? Thats the reason america is "liberating" iraq?Nothing against citizens of Iraq, but using logic this makes no sense. Iraqis, their background search is less than 2 weeks, while UK citizen(american's major allies) waiting months. Flame me all you want I just dont get this whole bull #### process.

Its a bunch of BS. CR1 and K-3 are conditional. There is no guarantee a GC will be issued, but they are worried a would-be immigrant would dissappear. When Tourist, Worker, and Student Visa holders overstay all the time.

Exactly my friend actually just did that, got his gf a student visa, and now married and now is doing AOS. #### this bs, Their system makes you be a lawbreaker.

Interesting, maybe my husband should apply for student visa here for U.S. and just do A.O.S. we are married, and he is from a terroist country, hum,bet be approved in 10 days?? or less??? the legal ways just are not working. But I will never give up this fight!!!!!!!!!!

Paris Heart

Truly happy!!!

New life, new adventures, and a new attitude.

Filed: Timeline

Ilya, speaking from the position of being the British Citizen spouse of a US Army Soldier, I think the whole thing is a disgrace.

The background checks are a load of BS as you said, this was the point I attempted to make the other week when I started a thread asking about them.

You're right, the CIA tells us that there are all these terrorists in Iraq .... military boys (and girls) are coming back to the US and the UK in bags because of this information .... due to being sent to protect us and the Iraqi people from this phenomena .... yet, I see soldiers wives who's Husbands are in the middle of this terrorist war also having to wait weeks/months sometimes to see if they can also have their cases expedited.

11 days without application for expedite completely blew my head! and it was the biggest kick in the nuts to our boys and girls fighting out there, that USCIS could've given ..... well done VSC, you've got me all flustered :blink:

L

Um, remember, the approvals are for spouses of USCs or PRs.

Sent I-130 to VT 25-Oct-2007

I-130 Moved to California 6-August-2008

My petition has been in 3 states (1, twice) in 9 months!

Rec'd by CSC 8/9, touched 8/11, 8/12, 8/15, 8/20, 8/25

Approved Tuesday, 25-August-2008

10 months since we mailed the petition

Rec'd NVC 9/3, Invoice Generated 9/10, DS-3032 emailed 9/11.

Rec'd AOS invoice 9/15, paid online 9/15, Accepted as Paid 9/18, mailed I-864EZ 9/19

IV Invoiced 9/18, paid online 9/19, Accepted as paid 9/22

DS-230 sent 10/2

Case complete @NVC 10/8 - 11 months, 1 week and 6 days

Interview in Montreal December 18, 2008 - scheduled 1 year, 1 week and 3 days after the start of our journey. Takes place 1 year, 1 month, 3 weeks and 2 days after the start...

[X] Passed [ ] Failed Interview

Thursday, April 2, 2009 Activated Visa - 1 year, 5 months, 1 week and 1 day

Um, remember, the approvals are for spouses of USCs or PRs.

I know MsZ, its just frustrating. But like my dear friend told me this morning, Im my fathers daughter, Im not afraid of anything. We can get thru this whole crazy, mixed up process.

Truly happy!!!

The CIA does not consider all of the people of Iraq terrorists and the US government does recognize the hardship so many are suffering. Just because we're not getting our visas granted doesn't mean that there aren't darn good reasons to grant humanitarian visas.

I didnt say that they consider everyone terrorists. But USA invaded IRAQ because of known link to al qaeda. Therefore it would make sense to check their citizens more because of higher possibility of citizens being involved with al qaeda? Am I missing something or what?

If a country has known links to a terrorist organisation it would make sense to extend security checks to ensure the safety of the US population ..... there is a damn good reason why we now have to take our shoes off for x-ray at the airports .... and have to carry small amounts of liquids in plastic see thru bags.

Has 9/11 been forgotten already???

There is a reason why we've got soldiers coming home as bits in a bag!

Noone has an issue about Humanitarian visas, but when they were not applied for, it kind of stinks considering everyone on this website is suffering!!!

If an expedite was applied for .... noone would be griping

Edited by KipandSarahJayne

Timeline

I just filed for expedite, #### them.

If I get denied, Im still going through Congressmen in 3 weeks.

I-130 Received

12-12-07

I-130 Approved

8-28-2008

NVC

Are you saying that spouses of soldiers should get special treatment? I'm failing to grasp the nature of the gripe.

All I know is this : My husband is at work now and after work he'll return to his very comfortable home and have a full meal and nobody will shoot near him or in any way threaten the lives of his family. I very much want him to be with me but I'm not going to begrudge someone who is getting out of a hellish situation that perhaps, just perhaps, the US government feels somewhat responsible for creating.

Also consider that many have the option of leaving the US to be with our spouses if this process does not meet with our satisfaction. (I don't right now because of a blemish in my background, but in time I will.)

I hate this process. I hate what Vermont is up to. But on this issue, I give them a pass.

Rec'd AOS invoice 9/15, paid online 9/15, Accepted as Paid 9/18, mailed I-864EZ 9/19

DS-230 sent 10/2

Interview in Montreal December 18, 2008 - scheduled 1 year, 1 week and 3 days after the start of our journey. Takes place 1 year, 1 month, 3 weeks and 2 days after the start...

I just filed for expedite, #### them.

If I get denied, Im still going through Congressmen in 3 weeks.

At this rate Vermont is going to be swamped with expedites :lol:

I think at the end of the day, if people apply for expedite, they should get them, and if people don't then why give them out of the blue ?

This really is the issue here .... not the country where someone came from .... if there was a couple of very fast cases from for example, The North Pole .... we'd all make comments about moving there too

The fact it was Iraq, just makes it sensitive

Edited by KipandSarahJayne

Timeline

Some USCIS agents say the country of origin matters, others say it doesnt. I dont know who to believe, some say "First in first out" some say, easy cases get apporoved while complicated get left on the shelf. Which case is simple? Which case is complicated? So many questions, ABSOLUTELY NO ANSWERS.

I-130 Received

12-12-07

I-130 Approved

8-28-2008

NVC

I think people who are waiting for more than 300 days should move to IRAQ and apply from their. It'll be done within 3 months.

Why so big discrepency. Anything can happen in any country anytime. What makes us to think that other countries are safe???

:whistle::crying::crying:

Lol, in the past I've actually joked to my husband that, if he gets deployed to Iraq again, I'm going with him.

You might have a good idea there :thumbs:

Website US Department of State, Consular Affairs Bureau: http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_1339.html

The ombudsman states that his investigations prove that easy cases are given attention and more difficult ones are left to fester.

If I were to give people advice on how to file their case in the future I'd say to give the absolute bare minimum in terms of documentation, etc. so that the package is small and appears easy to adjudicate. We know if they want more evidence they'll ask.

We also know that throughput determines funding so that makes it even less important to the service centers to handle difficult cases. If they can do 3 or 4 or 10 cases instead of a single difficult case, they have a better budget.

DS-230 sent 10/2

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I tend to think that Iraq gets the auto fast track because people that associate with americans become targets. It can not be because of any bullets flying or how dangerous it is. For those of us with our spouse in a 3rd world country, we kind of know how dangerous those countries are. Iraq is not at war with another country, Iraq is at war with itself right now, a war that America did create. So I wont say that it is because of how dangerous it is when I can see on many nights while talking with my wife spotlights being used to hunt for people shining through her windows, or the police on her roof hunting for people. Just because Iraq gets a lot of attention for this type of thing does not mean its the only country where bad things happen. It is however a country where there is more of a risk of being killed for having ties to an american, where as I only have to worry about my wife being held for ransom worst case scenario (well, raped too but again worst case, im sure if I paid them they would let her live) .

Edited by Guest

Some USCIS agents say the country of origin matters, others say it doesnt. I dont know who to believe, some say "First in first out" some say, easy cases get apporoved while complicated get left on the shelf. Which case is simple? Which case is complicated? So many questions, ABSOLUTELY NO ANSWERS.

Ilya R. VSC everynight before leaving plays Blind Mans Bluff, one officer is blind folded, lights turn off, turns him around and whatever box they trip over, that is the box for next days processing.

Sounds as logical as VSC is sending out approvals. Oh geez, a Oxy Moron, "VSC" and "logical "said in same sentence.

Edited by Paris Heart

Truly happy!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.