MnMike

How do I know

46 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Sorry to all those sho seem to be getting involved. As the OP, I am just being careful, but also hopeful. There are so many sad things happening in the world. But, I really don't want to be a victim. I hope I am right that she's a great person and I was just being careful.

Mike

Edited by MnMike

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

Just google "Russian Bride scam"

google Russian women scam American men

I know a friend of my wife who knew a group of people scamming people like that. I hope they got caught.

Here is my story. I've lived problem free life, payed my taxes. One day I decided to marry this girl. But to do so would require her to come to US of A, and so it started. My problem free live turned in to free problems from USCIS! Sure things turned to unsure, certain dates turned to aproximation within months. All logical thinking was out the door, as I filed my papers withing famous Vermont Centre!

I-130 Received

12-12-07

I-130 Approved

8-28-2008

NVC

Date Package Received By NVC : 09-05-08

-- Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 09-11-08

-- Pay I-864 Bill :09-11-08

-- Receive I-864 Package :09-15-08

-- Return I-864 Package :09-16-08

-- Return Completed DS-3032 :09-11-08

-- Receive IV Bill :09-17-2008

-- Pay IV Bill :09-17-2008

-- Receive Instruction Package :09-17-08

-- Case Completed at NVC :10-16-08

Date Package Left From NVC :10-31-08

Date Received By Consulate :11-05-08

Date Rec Instructions (Pkt 3) :11-05-08

Date Complete Instructions (Pkt 3) :11-05-08

Date Rec Appointment Letter (Pkt 4):11-25-08

Interview Date (IR-1/CR-1 Visa):12/08/08

Date IR-1/CR-1 Visa Received :12-11-08

Date of US Entry :12-17-08

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Just so I was clear, I'm not saying I think Russian women on international dating sites are scammers or anything of the sort. But there has been a known problem with scammers on American dating sites...in fact it was bad enough that there was a class action lawsuit filed against the one I was on because they didn't do anything to remove these scam profiles even though they received complaints (they probably felt having the beautiful women on there helped them sell subscriptions...I don't know). As part of their settlement, they sent a card to me in the mail offering a refund of my membership fees if I had encountered these scammers, which I had, so I took the refund. But again, the pattern here was that these accounts were set up on American dating sites and the profiles indicated they lived in American cities. Only after writing them would you find out any differently. That was one of the warning signs. Also it's usually pretty obvious when you are communicating with a scammer because they usually use form letters, skip over most of your questions if you ask them something, quickly fall in love with you in a few letters, and of course ask you to send money for visa, tickets, sick relatives, etc. So to the OP...if that sounds familiar to you, I would do like Slim suggested and put "her" to a few tests. Also in case you didn't know...I use "her" in quotes because more often than not, it's a male running the scam using some real girl's photo who most likely knows nothing about what's going on. Anyway, you won't get scammed if you follow one simple rule...DON'T SEND ANY MONEY!!! Best of luck to you!

Wife's visa journey:

03/19/07: Initial mailing of I-129F.

07/07/11: U.S. Citizenship approved and Oath Ceremony!

MIL's visa journey:

07/26/11: Initial mailing of I-130.

05/22/12: Interview passed!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
I have been contacted by a Russian lady, who sent me a email via Match.com Okay, so I sort of believe her, but mostly not. I would like to determine her authenticity but I haven't a clue how to do so. But I have this website so here I am desperate for some guidance. :help: As you might expect, she's quite atttractive, which is my first clue she's not for real. But other then that, she has shown me pictures of her parents, uncle and ex boyfriend. I was trying to push the your, full of #######, button but that didn't seem to work. You folks seen this picture before and where can I check out this scammer?? Here is a photo of said unknown Russian lady.

Mike

I am not sure Mike, but assume this is a picture of a Russian singer. Her last name is Malikova. She is a sister to Dima Malikov, also a singer.

In case I am wrong and the lady is not a scammer...I would definitely ask her to send me more proves, like her other pictures with today's date on it...

Also check the (IP) address she is writing from...this could be a US address....

There is a good proverb in Russia "Trust, but check"!!!!!!!!!! Be cautious.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
I would like to determine her authenticity but I haven't a clue how to do so.
Just ask yourself this question - "why on earth would this hot girl ever want to date or marry me when she can do so much better?" If you can't come up with a good answer, it's a scam.

PEOPLE: READ THE APPLICATION FORM INSTRUCTIONS!!!! They have a lot of good information in them! Most of the questions I see on VJ are clearly addressed by the form instructions. Give them a read!! If you are unable to understand the form instructions, I highly recommend hiring someone who does to help you with the process. Our process, from K-1 to Citizenship and U.S. Passport is completed. Good luck with your process.

Timeline
Just ask yourself this question - "why on earth would this hot girl ever want to date or marry me when she can do so much better?" If you can't come up with a good answer, it's a scam.

That about sums it up, gotto be realistic about these things.

Here is my story. I've lived problem free life, payed my taxes. One day I decided to marry this girl. But to do so would require her to come to US of A, and so it started. My problem free live turned in to free problems from USCIS! Sure things turned to unsure, certain dates turned to aproximation within months. All logical thinking was out the door, as I filed my papers withing famous Vermont Centre!

I-130 Received

12-12-07

I-130 Approved

8-28-2008

NVC

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

OP, you never answered my question.

I see we're back on the "don't take what I said out of context, I didn't mean to offend anyone" type of soft, sugar-coated posts. If you offend someone on the internet, too bad! It's not like you're best buddies or anything. And one of the best parts about offending people on the internet is they get the chance to type a rebuttal. It's all fair. Everyone wins!

And yes, Blues Fairy, you are a scammer since you pursued your guy. Guys are helpless to women's advances, you know that!

AKDiver is right too, by the way.

In all seriousness though, OP, you have stumbled upon the treasure trove of @$$ that is Eastern Europe. You're going to be able to correspond with so many stupid-hot girls that'll have you saying "Anna Kournikova who?" you won't even believe it. This is a virtual cornucopia of hotness that doesn't care if you're old, fat, bald, stupid, whatever. Just talk to them. You'll find one. There are over 48,000 of them out there. Numbers are in your favor.

If this offends anyone, too freaking bad because it's the truth and I'm not saying it to intentionally offend you so I'm not violating the sacred TOS. Relax. I'm just typing stuff on the internet. If you get fired up over that, you need to find better things to do with your life. Your real life, that is. To the OP, come on and answer my question. And Happy Hunting!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

So if a girl is hot, she's automatically out of the running? :blink: You know, hot girls want a good marriage just as much as plain girls. I think it's unfair to discriminate them - after all, the fact that they're hot is not quite their fault, is it?

There must be more intelligent ways to determine authenticity. Like.. um... writing letters for a while and watching out for red flags OTHER than her looks?

Aug 2003 first icebreaker ;-)

2003 - 2006 letters, letters, letters

Aug 2006 met at regatta in Greece

03/20/2007 I-129f mailed to TSC

08/06/2007 NOA-2, 118 days from the 1st notice.

10/24/2007 Interview in Moscow, visa approved

12/06/2007 Entered at JFK, got EAD stamp.

01/25/2008 Married in St. Augustine, FL

02/19/2008 AOS package mailed

09/30/2008 AOS interview - APPROVED!

10/11/2008 Green card in the mail

01/14/2009 Our little girl, Fiona Elizabeth, was born on Jan. 14, 2009 :-)

Timeline

So if a girl is hot, she's automatically out of the running? :blink: You know, hot girls want a good marriage just as much as plain girls. I think it's unfair to discriminate them - after all, the fact that they're hot is not quite their fault, is it?

There must be more intelligent ways to determine authenticity. Like.. um... writing letters for a while and watching out for red flags OTHER than her looks?

There is a place and time to meet hot girls. These things just dont happen over internet. I've met my girl in different setting, I met her at friends and whatever, but I was still a little suspicious. And all the sudden over internet this hottie msgs you out of blue, because she wants a GOOD MARRIAGE? Maybe If I was born yesterday I'd be like "Sure its possible", but I wasnt. Define good mariage to me? And no there is no other way to determine their authenticity. Either its a scam or you have something terrific to offer to the lady trying to find "good marriage"

I-130 Received

12-12-07

I-130 Approved

8-28-2008

NVC

Filed: Timeline

Well I will say this....my antenna's are on full alert. Its just too obvious to ignore, yet the letters(emails) do seem somewhat sincere. I have several pictures of her, a couple of her father, her and her father and mother and even one with her uncle. But then again, all of these pictures are just that, pictures. Time and searching should help determine if this is real. I will give her the benefit of the doubt for now and continue to be cautious. For all the posters here, thank you very much for the great insights and help.

Mike

P.S. Slim...check you PM's

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

There is a place and time to meet hot girls. These things just dont happen over internet. I've met my girl in different setting, I met her at friends and whatever, but I was still a little suspicious. And all the sudden over internet this hottie msgs you out of blue, because she wants a GOOD MARRIAGE? Maybe If I was born yesterday I'd be like "Sure its possible", but I wasnt. Define good mariage to me? And no there is no other way to determine their authenticity. Either its a scam or you have something terrific to offer to the lady trying to find "good marriage"

That's pretty much what happened to me. Was I scared as hell it was a scammer? Until I went to Ukraine and met her in person...you bet! It does happen, but I must confess I think I was very lucky.

Wife's visa journey:

03/19/07: Initial mailing of I-129F.

07/07/11: U.S. Citizenship approved and Oath Ceremony!

MIL's visa journey:

07/26/11: Initial mailing of I-130.

05/22/12: Interview passed!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
So if a girl is hot, she's automatically out of the running? You know, hot girls want a good marriage just as much as plain girls. I think it's unfair to discriminate them - after all, the fact that they're hot is not quite their fault, is it?
Um, no. But if she is hot, hot, hot and you look like the Elephant Man - there is a good chance a scam is involved.

PEOPLE: READ THE APPLICATION FORM INSTRUCTIONS!!!! They have a lot of good information in them! Most of the questions I see on VJ are clearly addressed by the form instructions. Give them a read!! If you are unable to understand the form instructions, I highly recommend hiring someone who does to help you with the process. Our process, from K-1 to Citizenship and U.S. Passport is completed. Good luck with your process.

Timeline
So if a girl is hot, she's automatically out of the running? You know, hot girls want a good marriage just as much as plain girls. I think it's unfair to discriminate them - after all, the fact that they're hot is not quite their fault, is it?
Um, no. But if she is hot, hot, hot and you look like the Elephant Man - there is a good chance a scam is involved.

haha made me laugh so hard that i

:crying:

I-130 Received

12-12-07

I-130 Approved

8-28-2008

NVC

What a load of prejudiced, misogynistic drivel.

Aug 2003 first icebreaker ;-)

2003 - 2006 letters, letters, letters

Aug 2006 met at regatta in Greece

03/20/2007 I-129f mailed to TSC

08/06/2007 NOA-2, 118 days from the 1st notice.

10/24/2007 Interview in Moscow, visa approved

12/06/2007 Entered at JFK, got EAD stamp.

01/25/2008 Married in St. Augustine, FL

02/19/2008 AOS package mailed

09/30/2008 AOS interview - APPROVED!

10/11/2008 Green card in the mail

01/14/2009 Our little girl, Fiona Elizabeth, was born on Jan. 14, 2009 :-)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

OP please check here

Is this the girl ?

First visit:2007-09-12 to 2008-09-23

I-129F Sent : 2007-11-24

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-11-30

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-03-31

NVC Received : 2008-04-21

NVC Left : 2008-04-23

Consulate Received : 2008-04-28

Packet 3 Received : 2008-05-20

Interivew date : 2008-08-07 CO asks inappropraite questions

His father died: 2008-08-18

Retain Marc Ellis 2008-09

Visited Nigeria again: 2008-11-12

petitioned returned to CSC :2008-11-27

returned to USA 2008-12-13

His father buried 2009-01-03

picks up K1 visa Nov 2009

Marriage Dec 2009

take throne as Igwe /Lolo 2010 or 2011

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.