mhal2008

CRI OR IR1 JAMES SHORTCUT

8 posts in this topic

HI VJ'S, I AM TRYING TO MAKE MY BARCODE SHEET FOR I-864... I WAS ABLE TO MADE IT BUT I CHANGED CR1 TO IR1 SINCE WE WILL BE CELEBRATING OUR 2ND YEAR ANNIV THIS MONTH. I JUST WANT TO ASK, DOES IT CHANGE THE CODE SETTINGS OR NO? I DON'T THINK IT AFFECTS BUT JUST WANT TO DOUBLE CHECK WITH YOU GUYS! :innocent: AND ALSO WHAT FORM AM I USING... I-864EZ OR I-864???? I-864EZ APPLIES TO ME.. I HAVEN'T READ ANY ONE HERE WHO USED I-864EZ... PLS ADVISE ME! :help: THANK YOU!!!

Edited by mhal2008

Filed: Timeline
HI VJ'S, I AM TRYING TO MAKE MY BARCODE SHEET FOR I-864... I WAS ABLE TO MADE IT BUT I CHANGED CR1 TO IR1 SINCE WE WILL BE CELEBRATING OUR 2ND YEAR ANNIV THIS MONTH. I JUST WANT TO ASK, DOES IT CHANGE THE CODE SETTINGS OR NO? I DON'T THINK IT AFFECTS BUT JUST WANT TO DOUBLE CHECK WITH YOU GUYS! :innocent: AND ALSO WHAT FORM AM I USING... I-864EZ OR I-864???? I-864EZ APPLIES TO ME.. I HAVEN'T READ ANY ONE HERE WHO USED I-864EZ... PLS ADVISE ME! :help: THANK YOU!!!

Sorry, I'm confused. Your timeline reflects that you applied for K3 and that you had your interview already but now you're changing from CR1 to IR1... Could you be more clear on your situation so that we may be able to help you. :thumbs:

Sorry, I'm confused. Your timeline reflects that you applied for K3 and that you had your interview already but now you're changing from CR1 to IR1... Could you be more clear on your situation so that we may be able to help you. :thumbs:

I petitioned my husband for Immigrant Visa(I-130) Sept 2006 when I was still LPR. Married May 2006. I became naturalized last March 2008. I immediately upgraded my pending petition to my husband for Immediate Relative of a US Citizen. And also applied for K-3, and they waived the payment... For I-130 and K3, I only paid $190..since I'm a Sept 2006 applicant. April 2008, I was approved for both I-130 and I 129F.... Now, I already have my NVC case number, hopefully Ds3032 will be generated this week. Since I have my case number I can make my own coversheet barcode, right?... that's why I'm asking if IR1 will gonna change the barcode or not?What was on the original sample was CR1.. And do I need I-864 or I-864EZ?

I petitioned my husband for Immigrant Visa(I-130) Sept 2006 when I was still LPR. Married May 2006. I became naturalized last March 2008. I immediately upgraded my pending petition to my husband for Immediate Relative of a US Citizen. And also applied for K-3, and they waived the payment... For I-130 and K3, I only paid $190..since I'm a Sept 2006 applicant. April 2008, I was approved for both I-130 and I 129F.... Now, I already have my NVC case number, hopefully Ds3032 will be generated this week. Since I have my case number I can make my own coversheet barcode, right?... that's why I'm asking if IR1 will gonna change the barcode or not?What was on the original sample was CR1.. And do I need I-864 or I-864EZ?

I've only used JSC for my DS 230 and for sure it was only related to the case nbr and nothing else. I've just read the instructions for creating the barcode for I-864 and it says to enter your case nbr under "data to encode" so it is for sure only related to your case nbr and it has nothing to do with the form being applied or the kind of visa.

Hope it helps..

Good Luck!

I've only used JSC for my DS 230 and for sure it was only related to the case nbr and nothing else. I've just read the instructions for creating the barcode for I-864 and it says to enter your case nbr under "data to encode" so it is for sure only related to your case nbr and it has nothing to do with the form being applied or the kind of visa.

Hope it helps..

Good Luck!

that's what I thought.... thank you!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

I wouldn't change that on your own, we are celebrating our 2nd year tomorrow and we are still Considered CR1. I wouldn't make that Assumption on your own!! I asked this question myself thinking we were IR1 but to my surprise we are considered CR1

Just my Opinion :whistle:

Nita

596696z2ypf41694.gif

I - 130

3.26.08 - NOA2 - APPROVAL IN 493 DAYS!!

NVC

7.22.08 - CASE COMPLETED IN 90 DAYS - THANK GOD!!

Embassy

9.29.08-Interview - AP (2 weeks)

10.15.08 - AP over :) Embassy called hubby to go get his Visa - HAPPIEST DAY!!!

10.20.08 - Visa Issued

11.25.08 - POE (JFK then SFO)

11.26.08 - Visa Journey is Over!! TOOK 737 DAYS....Habibi is Home!! :) :)

USA

11.25.08 - POE

12.10.08 - Applied for SS Card

12.15.08 - Welcome Letter Received

12.17.08 - SS Card Received

12.26.08 - Green Card Received :)

Begin Naturalization process 2011 ~ Inshallah

mybanner493ead35e2041shfr8.th.jpg

If by the time of beneficiary's US POE you have not completed 2 years of marriage the beneficiary will receive a temporary I-551 Stamp and then later a Green Card by mail good for only 2 years. Ninety days before the green card expires beneficiary will have to file an I-751 form to remove it's conditional status and by the changing of this visa from CR1 to IR1 that would not have to be considered to be done, so I think it is worth a try. It would be best and more sensible try to get an advice from your local Consulate about that, they might have some information that we don't to avaliate what is best in your case.

If we see people changing from K3 to CR1 I would say that would make sense also changing from CR1 to IR1 if you in the middle of the process become 2 years married.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
... I-864EZ OR I-864???? I-864EZ APPLIES TO ME.. I HAVEN'T READ ANY ONE HERE WHO USED I-864EZ... PLS ADVISE ME!

I used the EZ. I had no problems. I submitted 3 years of Tax returns and W-2's

CR-1 Visa

I-130 Sent : 2006-08-30

I-130 NOA1 : 2006-09-12

I-130 Approved : 2007-01-17

NVC Received : 2007-02-05

Consulate Received : 2007-06-09

Interview Date : 2007-08-16 Case sent back to USCIS

NOA case received by CSC: 2007-12-19

Receive NOIR: 2009-05-04

Sent Rebuttal: 2009-05-19

NOA rebuttal entered: 2009-06-05

Case sent back to NVC for processing: 2009-08-27

Consulate sends DS-230: 2009-11-23

Interview: 2010-02-05 result Green sheet for updated I864 and photos submit 2010-03-05

APPROVED visa pick up 2010-03-12

POE: 2010-04-20 =)

GC received: 2010-05-05

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-130 was approved in 140 days.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.